Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Reviews - BuyAirsoft.ca

:

Reviews

Old March 5th, 2007, 16:06   #46
LUTNIT

Tested the Jing Gong Krinkov, all I have to say is if it had the ASGK logo, the TM logo, and "made in Japan" written on it you'd be able to fool pretty much anyone. It really is an EXACT clone of a TM and actually does shoot ~350fps and has accuracy comparable to a TM gun with the same barrel length (at least inside my house which is a 40-50' distance.) I'm quite impressed. Also came with a NiMh battery instead of a NiCd, craptastic little wall charger, and a hicap. Quite the newbie starter package.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 16:37   #47
Colin_S

Send a message via MSN to Colin_S Send a message via Skype™ to Colin_S
LUTNIT if you have time do you think you'd crack open the mechbox? One of my friends has a JG G36C on preorder and am wondering about the quality of that. Saw the reviews, JG internals look half decent but I'd like to hear from someone in Canada.

Team GHOSTS - Fides et Amicitia
Blog: http://www.colinsun.com
G-45
Colin_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 17:20   #48
LUTNIT

I'm hardly a gun doc and considering its running well now I don't want to risk anything by opening the mechbox since after all is it a cheaper gun. If anything goes wrong it'll be opened in a second by CDN_Stalker and I can get him to snap pics but until then I'd rather keep it the way it is.
Old March 5th, 2007, 18:24   #49
Frantisek

Send a message via MSN to Frantisek
I bought the JG spetz from them, should be the same as the krinkov and the G36. The mechbox itself looks a bit shinier then TM ones, and has some imperfections in it. Areas that are really small (ie around the cylinder) seem to be chipped or not cast properly.
I had a tough time trying to get metal bushings in, had to sand the holes with really fine rolled up sand paper for a short while, and freeze the bushings. All the Plastic in the mechbox like the tapet & selector plate, spring guide, nozzle and shit are white while the bushings are black.
It does seem more brittle then TM plastic, but maybe cuz it's white. The cylinder on mine has an inner diameter slightly larger then a stock TM one. I noticed this becasue it was shooting inconsistantly in terms of velocity and hopup. Thought it might have been the hopup but no, definetly not a proper seal around the cylinder and piston head.....both the piston and head look just like TM one though.
The grease is some type of brown transluscent automotive shit, definetly not white lithium. You really really have to reshim. I needed to add 2 shims but only had one to spare. The gears are great though, same as systema re-enforced ones but they say CA on them.
After I reshimmed, regreased/silicon gel, changed the cylinder and spring guide and bushings and that rediculos battery, it was shooting better than a stock TM ver 3 mechbox.

Just have to see how long it lasts.
Frantisek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 18:27   #50
aZn_triXta07

Just tune it up ..throw on some metal parts the amount you would've paid total would be still alot less than buying a TM than upping from there.

Last edited by aZn_triXta07; March 5th, 2007 at 18:34..
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 20:43   #51
Frantisek

I would still trust a TM more though, just cuz the metal of the mecbox is kinda strange on the JG. Seems like these mechboxes are ones that did'nt pass TM's quality control. Oh yeah, and the screws are preatty shitty, they will get worm heads if they're lossend and tightened too much. or if u have a shitty screwdirver.
Old March 5th, 2007, 20:47   #52
aZn_triXta07

You gotta remember some China guns will be better than the others, take the CM 030 for example, Sam from BC Airsoft Supply told me when he was bringing those in he noticed that some preformed alot better than others, some had better quality parts. I've noticed this well with the CYMA 027J, some parts came from different manufacturers, so you'll just have to see.
Old March 5th, 2007, 20:53   #53
Frantisek

True that, if your a handy gambling man, might not be a bad idea to pick one up. Make sure you have a reliable TM CA or ICS first though
Old March 5th, 2007, 21:22   #54
Amazing KG3

Send a message via MSN to Amazing KG3
I ordered a 300 dollar FMU full trades KJW P226
Amazing KG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 21:45   #55
aZn_triXta07

Damn I love the sound of my G18C ...damn my girlfriend took my camera, if not I'd post some sexy pics and videos!!
Old March 5th, 2007, 22:42   #56
arman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing KG3 View Post
I ordered a 300 dollar FMU full trades KJW P226
what is it? i looked it up on their site but i couldnt find it?

playing with my kid!
arman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 23:43   #57
Yuu

Send a message via ICQ to Yuu Send a message via MSN to Yuu
I like there deal with ICS M4 lol At least they stated its latest version of ICS M4.. I wish they could bring in the with Colt trades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
The plush dogs were cool.

Don't let the dog haters and plushy haters get to you, man. ANYONE can post pictures of their guns, but it takes a special breed of man to post a picture of his guns with plushies!
Yuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 07:08   #58
Amazing KG3

Send a message via MSN to Amazing KG3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arman View Post
what is it? i looked it up on their site but i couldnt find it?
bought the last one!
Amazing KG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 15:02   #59
Stone Evil

Wow...I keep hearing about how fast their shipping and service is. I ordered a G36 C before they were soldout. It has been over six full business days since my payment went through, and still no gun. I live in BC...only one province away.
How are people managing 48 hour shipping times????
Stone Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 15:10   #60
LUTNIT

They send the packages out within 48 hours, they don't guarantee 48 shipping times. I'm in Ottawa and both my packages took more than a full week to get to me. Both orders where placed on Sunday/Monday and I didn't receive either until the following Tuesday.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews