Snipers in Canada.

:

General

Old September 18th, 2010, 17:47   #16
Castle
a.k.a. JLiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrapnel[Op-For] View Post
Why are you even mentioning that you bought a gun and illegally smuggled it across the border?
Maybe he only used it in America?

Mr Haezelnut, my question to you is... do you want a gun that actually functions like a sniper rifle or do you just want something that vaguely resembles one in design?

Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 18:44   #17
T-Hell

Sniper is a very unique roll even in airsoft. I am +1 to thundercactus don't start playing with a sniper rifle. you will soon get pissed at being hit and having not much you can do about it...

Cabellas sells the Aftermath Kracken for like said 200.00 get that.. have some fun, save up

a decent gun say a TM brand VSR10 in Canada from ASC will probably cost you $400-600 then if it is not already you will need to do some upgrades...

you can play stock and that is fine but getting less range and less accuracy will put you at the mercy of the AEG's

upgraded you will be able to give someone the love Tap from further away..

Rhino Living

http://www.nordicbattlegroup.ca
T-Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2010, 20:27   #18
Diabolic Tyrant
Banned

Sniping isnt like the movies, you will fucking suck absolute dick at it until you pour lots of money and time into it, its not fun to start out with, I dont know why all you fucking kids come here expecting to be pulling off fucking quick scopes and being super elite speshl forces n stuff.
Diabolic Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 07:02   #19
Mr Haezelnut

The funny thing is, i do have a $150 AEG (from wal-mart) and i enjoy it quite alot. And, again, (or maybe i didn't mention this) I'm not playing with elite players or anything. I just have a group of friends and only three of us have anything other than a pistol. (Mind you, most of us spent 50 bucks on them)

Just gonna let you guys know what i use, and see if its of any help.

DPMS M4 Carbine (250 FPS)
'Desert Eagle' [Cybergun] (200 FPS)
Mr Haezelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 07:05   #20
Mr Haezelnut

And to answer your question, Castle, I would like both of those. Being like the structure of your question makes it seem like you can't have it that way without paying an arm or a leg, my second answer would be functionality. Although something like a spring M4 would kinda suck, i like the idea of single shot, and bolt action. No matter if it's a POS or not.
Mr Haezelnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 08:53   #21
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
An idea of what you can get for cheap and after age verification, someone recently put up a KJW M700 (gas) sniper rifle, with scope, for $250. Outside of something like that, you'll likely pay at least $600 for a basic rifle, then even more after that for better internals, scope, etc.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 09:37   #22
Boyso
a.k.a. LastSpartan

Send a message via MSN to Boyso
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Haezelnut View Post
Ok, if anyone has any sites I can visit please post!

( And yes, $200 is a possibility if its in canada.)
You might be able to grab a nice scope and a quality bipod for 200$.

Save 1000$ and then buy a sniper. When you can only shoot once, you need that BB to go where it's supposed to. You don't have the volume of fire to compensate for accuracy.

"WHEN I DIE
BURY ME
UPSIDE DOWN
SO THE WORLD
CAN KISS MY ASS"
-Platoon

Boyso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 09:41   #23
zone 69

pic#1 The best Walmart has to offer . And the best ClearSoft you can get from CT. You will own your group of friends.

And dont order from evike.com, chances are you will not get your order. Stick to a Canadian based company.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0755222_1.jpg (2.6 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg cmscontroller.jpg (15.4 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by zone 69; September 19th, 2010 at 10:04..
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 09:47   #24
Donster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Haezelnut View Post
Well, i'm not up to spending 400 bucks, and do you mean getting verified on this site?
$400 will get you a well or TSD L96. Usually noobs opt for something like that (against our judgement) but you are the first to say that you dont even want to get that.
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 11:33   #25
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
I'm a sniper... but I'm not in Canada. You can still buy me though, I'm pretty inexpensive, but I'm not clear.
Old September 19th, 2010, 11:45   #26
shiftsup

If and when you are 18 you can always get one of those clone M14 AEGs that come with a side mount rail. Slap a cheap clone optic on it and voila you are a "sniper". Having something like this will allow you to comfortably skirmish against other players besides your current group if you choose to do so.

If you are 18 and dead set on getting a bolt action airsoft gun there are ACM VSR-10's in Canada going for ~$200.

Anyways, it's not my problem. Enjoy your overpriced shaving acessories.

Last edited by shiftsup; September 19th, 2010 at 11:59..
shiftsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 11:50   #27
SHaKaL

Send a message via MSN to SHaKaL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrapnel[Op-For] View Post
Why are you even mentioning that you bought a gun and illegally smuggled it across the border?
He was living in the states when he bought the rifle.. He never said he smuggled it...

101e 506Pir Fox Company - SHTYK NOZH
SHaKaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 12:44   #28
VooDooPeteK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I'm a sniper... but I'm not in Canada. You can still buy me though, I'm pretty inexpensive, but I'm not clear.
The shipping would kill him and put him WAY over his budget lol
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 14:26   #29
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Annoying as fuck (still) when a gun is referred to as a person/role. Sniper is the role/person that uses it as such, I've been a sniper using a silent pistol at 30ft and racked up a half dozen kills. A sniper RIFLE is used by the sniper to get longer range kills. Whenever I see someone post "I want a cheap sniper" I'm always posting "I'll snipe for you, just pay the travel and my expenses and I'll be your sniper." Baffles me to no end actually.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2010, 14:40   #30
VooDooPeteK

Also to say he wont be happy with a cheap sniper rifle well who knows, I bet with the info given by the OP that he would be.

Its like playing all the time with a walmart aeg and then telling someone they wont be happy with a kraken. I bet a kraken is the kings shit compared to walmart guns.

having fun is only what you make of it and how many times have the guys with top of the line guns not had fun because they are against a team of terminators that don't like to call hits?

IMO if you want to spend the money on something just spend it and find out the hard way if you like it or dont.

One thing I like by the OP was he stated what he wanted and what he currently used.

I remember some locals tell me when I got into the sport don't get that cansoft crap you wont like it, but I did get cansoft and still go back to that gun all the time and have a great time with it.

but to each their own
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General