Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

What is and is not allowed to cross the border?

:

General

Old December 20th, 2010, 23:56   #1
bareass

What is and is not allowed to cross the border?

Hey all, I recently moved back home to windsor ontario, and wouild like to take advantage of the boarder crossing available to us here.
is there a list of airsoft parts, accessories ect. that is not allowed across the boarder.

for instance, if i buy a inner barrel, and pick it up in detroit, can i bring it across legally. i mean of coarse i can stick it in my trunk and say its a piece of pipe if anyone asks. what about things like lower receivers?

thanks!
bareass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 00:03   #2
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

FAQs
Old December 21st, 2010, 00:11   #3
bareass

i did a search.... and came up with nothing.
Old December 21st, 2010, 00:14   #4
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

I will give on suggestion. Look in the Frequently asked question section.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 00:25   #5
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
you did a search on importing? very hard to believe

Whoa guy with the thumb rings, save some pussy for the rest of us

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

What idiot called them Black Bears instead of African Abearicans
SniperSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 00:28   #6
bareass

ya read it ... found it...

so under the definition of replica firearm, its says "but does not include any such device that is designed or intended to exactly resemble, or to resemble with near precision, an antique firearm" does this mean WW2 replicas are fair game?

also, is a replica firearm considered a weapon? if not then the external parts should be good to bring over.

i know this is probably incorrect. but is there anything that can come across? mags? gear? BBs? anything at all?
Old December 21st, 2010, 00:31   #7
SniperSam

Send a message via AIM to SniperSam Send a message via MSN to SniperSam Send a message via Skype™ to SniperSam
FAQ

Spoon feed. read the FAQs, theyre there for a reason

Welcome to Bed Bath and Beyoncé, if you find anything you like, put a ring on it.

Old December 21st, 2010, 00:37   #8
Qlong
Division

WW2 guns are not antique firearms. Read up on the description of an antique firearm.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...f5044-eng.html

Quote:
On the other hand, antique firearms are not considered firearms for licensing and registration purposes. Antique firearms include:

* any firearms manufactured before 1898 that are not originally designed or redesigned to discharge rim-fire or centre-fire ammunition;
* long guns manufactured in 1898 or later that are reproductions of flintlock, wheel-lock, or matchlock firearms; and
* firearms that are classified as antique by regulations.

Weee!
Qlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 01:07   #9
bareass

qlong thanks for the discription...

everyone else can stuff it... i looked half assed... and i'm sure it took long for you to post the link the the FAQ (the one that was already posted before you i'm sure) and then say" look at the FAQ (again, as stated by someone before you) then it would to say
Magazines for AEGs and GBBs without fake cartridges
Outer barrels for most guns
Inner barrels of any type
Handgun slides
Flash suppressors
Scopes, red dot sights, iron sights, lasers
Rail systems and scope mounts
Springs, bushings, gears, pistons, or other gearbox parts
Batteries, BBs, loading tools
Helmets, goggles, body armor, tactical vests, camouflage
Old December 21st, 2010, 01:11   #10
SniperSam

Right, and do you see the item in question you want to import as prohibited?

Old December 21st, 2010, 01:29   #11
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

You shouldnt have any issues with an inner barrel. Its just a tube after all.
Unless you fill said tube with blow...are you willing said tube with blow? Cause I will spring for the barrel that you can keep afterwards as long as you mail me...anyways.

Qlong already covered the part about the antiques so Im off to go drink some beer!

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 01:38   #12
SniperSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
You shouldnt have any issues with an inner barrel. Its just a tube after all.
Unless you fill said tube with blow...are you willing said tube with blow? Cause I will spring for the barrel that you can keep afterwards as long as you mail me...anyways.

Qlong already covered the part about the antiques so Im off to go drink some beer!
+1

Old December 21st, 2010, 16:01   #13
xaMdaM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareass View Post
ya read it ... found it...

so under the definition of replica firearm, its says "but does not include any such device that is designed or intended to exactly resemble, or to resemble with near precision, an antique firearm" does this mean WW2 replicas are fair game?

also, is a replica firearm considered a weapon? if not then the external parts should be good to bring over.

i know this is probably incorrect. but is there anything that can come across? mags? gear? BBs? anything at all?
Hi Bearass.
Sometimes it is hard to find quick answers to questions you might have in the FAQ section.
To answer your question, the best read you can have is the CBSA Importation of firearms that Qlong posted above.
CBSA memorandum D19-13-2 has a little more detail on the matter. The PDF version is downloadable and printable. Here is the link to the PDF version:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...9-13-2-eng.pdf
I suggest you read it in its entirety.

You will realise that it will be almost impossible for Joe Citizen to bring them over the border.

Basically, it it looks like any modern gun (from 1900 and up basically) you are SOL. It is even questionable whether you can even bring in the transparent plastic guns like the softair Thompsons or the AK's.

The dealers here in Canada that import them for sale here in Canada skirt the issue with their import license.

I just got back from a trip to Ohio and I cant get over how much airsoft goodies they have there at almost half the price of what we pay here, BUT YOU CANT BRING IT ACCROSS THE BORDER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareass View Post
You can bring BB's, Mags (as long as they dont have simulated ammo on the outside of the mag) Depending on the agent you get, they may ask to see the mag. You will need to show that the mag is an airsoft mag and cant be used to house real ammo. Inner barrels are OK but outer barrels are questionable.
Gear is a non issue but I did recall that I read a CBSA memorandum on chest protectors- the final verdict was it was OK, but avoid the use of "AIRGUN" in your description to the customs agent, it will raise some eyebrows.

smaller parts, like gears and mechboxes are also OK, as is stocks and grips. Scopes, etc are also non issues.

Receivers are prohibited, but it depends on how it is presented at the border. If the agent thinks it is part of a gun (even if it is airsoft) it will be seized.

Good luck, and welcome home.
xaMdaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 16:45   #14
Diabolic Tyrant
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaMdaM View Post
but avoid the use of "AIRGUN" in your description to the customs agent, it will raise some eyebrows.
To add to that, avoid the use of the word GUN completely, if they ask what its for call it an airsoft marker, and if they give you a weird look, say its like paintball only you use BBs instead of paintballs.
Diabolic Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 22:03   #15
ruinz00

What would happen if it was not a real firearm, like the pulse rifle from Alien? I'm guessing that it still be seized, but it is not replicating a real firearm.
ruinz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General