Old June 25th, 2012, 10:38   #16
Debrief
a.k.a. HKpro

AK-47 = Real Sword
AK-74 = VFC
Debrief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 10:44   #17
Enjoi

Real Sword, Proud owner of a Type56 and I`ve done everything from throwing the damn thing on the ground to banging it off rough surfaces, Gun works Flawlessly. Most Real Swords come with decent Packaging, A Nice thick book on the history,Operation and its well written english lol. They also come with a FPS certificate showing a QE recording what it was shooting when sent from factory.

Goodluck!
Old June 25th, 2012, 10:50   #18
Moses015

Ok for what I want it seems I want, looks like Real Sword is the way to go
Backup:
KWA RM4 ERG LVOA, KWA ATP, VFC KAC PDW, G&G Top Tech MP5 A5
Moses015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 11:08   #19
COL.TIKER

the RS 56s dont have the AK side optic mounts do they?
Do LCTs have the optic mounts?
Old June 25th, 2012, 11:32   #20
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Unfortunately, Real Sword AK's dont have this side mount like the Ruskie Ak's do . Would've been a nice "optional" feature haha.

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 12:15   #21
L473ncy

Depending on the model I believe most do have the side mount.

Here on the website if you look at the AK-104 reference pics it looks like it has the side mount (2nd pic down): http://www.lctairsoft.com/pdc_aeg/aeg_ak104-nv_OBW.html

Same with the AK-74: http://www.lctairsoft.com/pdc_aeg/ae...mn-nv_OBW.html

and the AIMS: http://www.lctairsoft.com/pdc_aeg/ae...ne-nv_OBW.html
Old June 25th, 2012, 12:51   #22
paulwes83

Are you a larger built guy? If so, I'd advise you to stay away from Real Sword just because of the dimensions.

Although Real Sword is a great build, they are smaller in overall dimentions that other airsoft AKs. I'm 6'3", 210lbs and the Type 56 felt a bit small when I used it.

LCT is the way to go in my opinion if you can get one or VFC. Sadly, both are hard to come by in Canada, but Real Sword seems to have suspended production a bit, so they're not easy to come by easily either.

Like what everyone else has said,

Straight out of the box Real Sword wins, but fully upgraded LCT or steel bodied Classic Army are even nicer for big people. Plus, you can only use Real Sword mags in their AEGs, where as you can use many different makes in VFC, LCT and Classic Army.

Glad to see you're looking for quality AEGs though and stay the hell away from Tokyo Marui style AKs. They're not built as realistically as the aforementioned AKs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses015 View Post
Ok for what I want it seems I want, looks like Real Sword is the way to go
paulwes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 12:56   #23
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwes83 View Post
Are you a larger built guy? If so, I'd advise you to stay away from Real Sword just because of the dimensions.

Although Real Sword is a great build, they are smaller in overall dimentions that other airsoft AKs. I'm 6'3", 210lbs and the Type 56 felt a bit small when I used it.

LCT is the way to go in my opinion if you can get one or VFC. Sadly, both are hard to come by in Canada, but Real Sword seems to have suspended production a bit, so they're not easy to come by easily either.

Straight out of the box Real Sword wins, but fully upgraded LCT or steel bodied Classic Army are even nicer for big people. Plus, you can only use Real Sword mags in their AEGs, where as you can use many different makes in VFC, LCT and Classic Army.

Glad to see you're looking for quality AEGs though and stay the hell away from Tokyo Marui style AKs. They're not built as realistically as the aforementioned AKs.
This is slightly incorrect. If you simply dremel/shave down the little lip on the magazine, you can use Tokyo Marui and Classic Army magazines without issue, I only have 1 Real Sword mag, the rest are TM and CA and work without issue.

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 13:03   #24
paulwes83

True say, I just figured the guy asking the question wasn't into modding and if he's just starting with AK AEGs, he might want something that doesn't require work out of the box.

Very valid point though, so thank you stating that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con3jo View Post
This is slightly incorrect. If you simply dremel/shave down the little lip on the magazine, you can use Tokyo Marui and Classic Army magazines without issue, I only have 1 Real Sword mag, the rest are TM and CA and work without issue.
paulwes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 13:21   #25
RUSTSPOT
Sgt. Sparkles

Real sword hands down. It needs no upgrade out the box. The internals is so airtight Im able to only use an SP100 spring to achieve 370 fps which gives me a very decent rof and battery life( sp110 makes it 410+ ,too hot for my local club ! While most m4s require a sp 110-120 spring to get 400 fps. ) I also recently acquired a LCT AIMS. which also shoots beautifully but build quality is shy of that of a real sword but in world of airsoft LCT is top notch( for similar price as cyma , ive personally worked on cyma's they have garbage internals and externals are mostly made out of pot metal) I played 2 days back to back with my LCT on 11.1 V and a drum mag. 7000 + rounds fired and the LCT rocks like a champ.

I personally own two type 56s and a SVD and I would buy more in the future. It's truly a collector piece. Nothing else come close to it.
RUSTSPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 13:58   #26
RosettaStoned

And if you don't wanna break the bank get a dboys with a steel body, a really nice upgrade platform.
RosettaStoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 15:21   #27
Amos

I work on AK's... alot. I'm the tech for a team that is all about AK's... I've pretty much seen everything.

Realswords are very good, LCT's are as well. LCT RPK's are the nicest I've ever seen. They don't require much out of the box (tightening the hop-up unit screws helps) Without any work, they're blowing almost all the other guns out of the water.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 15:45   #28
Moses015

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwes83 View Post

I am a big guy, like big big lol. But I don't mind the compact feel one bit. I may be a large guy but I enjoy being in the front lines, really like to run, and love being a medic so I don't really like being over-encumbered. That's kind of why I'm looking at the 56-1.

And yeah my dad always said if you're going to do something, do it right or just piss off lol.

Thanks so much everyone for all the input, love the round table discussion.
Backup:
KWA RM4 ERG LVOA, KWA ATP, VFC KAC PDW, G&G Top Tech MP5 A5
Moses015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 22:46   #29
Chemo
R.T. Corpsman
formerly UJO Spec Ops

Brand opinions all noted, just wondering what other experiences anyone has had with SRC? They seem to have a lot of variety and i'm kinda stuck on a particular model of theirs that i can't find with anyone else.
Old June 25th, 2012, 22:52   #30
L473ncy

If anyone wants real steel optics for their AK go to Eastwave Optics

I got a real steel Belarus POSP (Civilian version of the PSO-1) for a pretty decent price compared to airsoft versions of the PSO-1. I know it's not completely kosher to use civilian stuff if you want the mil/PSO-1 look but for me I like it and it's close enough anyways.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion