Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WIP: Upgrading Your Tokyo Marui Glock

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old October 19th, 2014, 13:02   #856
Kimbo
formerly pivot

My new TM Glock 17 wasn't cycling properly so I took it apart and found that the front screw post on the frame had exploded. After some reading I found out that this was pretty common. Crap.

In the picture you can see the 3 individual pieces of the screw post that busted off.

I went to home depot and got some #6x32 blind anchors and some #6x32 countersunk machine screws and tried a DIY frame fix. I cut out the remaining part of the post and roughed up the area with a file. I drilled out the existing front rail hole to accommodate the larger #6 screw, threaded the the blind anchor on and covered the thread hole with a tiny piece of tape so the JB weld wouldn't get in the hole. I put a bit of JB weld into the old post socket, just enough to hit the bottom of the anchor and set the rails into the frame and let set. I backed out the screw the next day then filled the remaining cavity with more JB weld. This is what it looked like after drying.

I trimmed the material off of the sides and where I got it a bit too high and reassembled. It was pretty quick to to and costs less than $15.

I have about 400 rounds through it and it seems to be working fine. I'm going to get a Guarder frame anyway, but I thought I'd be interesting to see how long it will work with this mod before it fails.
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2014, 17:44   #857
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by phloudernow View Post
So I am a bit of a pickle here, I recently did some big upgrades to my TM Glock 17, on Normal Stock TM Mags the gun shoots full auto like an 18C. but when i borrow my friends WE Glock mags they shoot fine. So I'm thinking if its something to do with high flow valves since the WE come stock with them. Note that I will only be listing the parts I have changed in the gun. With my previous parts my gun works completely fine.

Parts I recently Modified:

Guns Modify CNC BBU
Action 8MM bearing Hammer Set

Guarder 150% Hammer Spring
Ready Fighter SAI Flat Trigger Paired with WE trigger Bar (My stock TM trigger bar was Threadlocked to my Guns Modify Trigger)
Phil,

THE two bolded components are a red flag for me.
I would swap out some internal stock components to see which one is causing what.

I know for a fact that the GunsModify BBU can act a bit wonky with aftermarket parts. Specifically piston heads. lol.

But yeah. I think that bearing and BBU combo might not be acting correctly.
So just swap a stock BBU to test the functionality of your Action 8mm bearing. Then swap to the stock bearing, to check and see if the Gomodify BBU is acting correctly. That's what I would do....

OR

THere's isn't not enough blowback to lock you hammer to sear hooks. That means that your gun is essentially short stroking.

Improve your piston head seal. Increase the hammer spring tension. And if neccessary, downgrade your recoil spring tension...

This increases your gun's capacity for blowback operation. Good seals + less resistance during the rearward stroke gets you a charged hammer (theoratically)...

There might be something else at play that I'm overlooking but I would start there....

Last edited by e-luder; October 21st, 2014 at 17:52..
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2014, 03:42   #858
phloudernow

Send a message via MSN to phloudernow Send a message via Skype™ to phloudernow
Thanks E!!! ill check that out!!!

Oh btw your inbox is full couldn't reply you about that PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
Phil,

THE two bolded components are a red flag for me.
I would swap out some internal stock components to see which one is causing what.

I know for a fact that the GunsModify BBU can act a bit wonky with aftermarket parts. Specifically piston heads. lol.

But yeah. I think that bearing and BBU combo might not be acting correctly.
So just swap a stock BBU to test the functionality of your Action 8mm bearing. Then swap to the stock bearing, to check and see if the Gomodify BBU is acting correctly. That's what I would do....

OR

THere's isn't not enough blowback to lock you hammer to sear hooks. That means that your gun is essentially short stroking.

Improve your piston head seal. Increase the hammer spring tension. And if neccessary, downgrade your recoil spring tension...

This increases your gun's capacity for blowback operation. Good seals + less resistance during the rearward stroke gets you a charged hammer (theoratically)...

There might be something else at play that I'm overlooking but I would start there....
Custom SAI BLU Glock Build (Timberwolf Base)
Custom Zev Noveske Shooting Team Glock 34
Project Guns
Custom Zev Dragonfly G17 (Project) (In progress)
phloudernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2014, 19:22   #859
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Airsoft Surgeon Nozzle broke on me. Trying the Guns Modify nozzle, seems good, however it will not work with the AS Piston Head. The Airsoft Surgeon nozzles appear to be out of stock everywhere...

EDIT:

While the Gunsmodify Nozzle fits well with the stock TM piston head, it works even better with the Airsoft Surgeon piston head once an O-Ring Swap is made. Using the next smallest O-Ring out of a pack of 10 I bought at Canadian Tire, the perfect fitment is achieved with the AS Piston head- Not wobbly, but not too tight either. Snug would be a good way to describe it. Recoil seems to have improved slightly, I doubt this will increase FPS but I'll chrony tomorrow to see if it has.

TL;DR- Smaller O-Ring + AS Piston Head + Gunsmodify Nozzle = Win

Last edited by MaybeStopCalling; November 3rd, 2014 at 09:58..
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2014, 22:52   #860
jjkfeng

I was dicking around with my g18c, and the slide got stuck. In the end I forced it off, but I ended up snapping my hammer in half.

I can't find a tm g18c hammer for now, would a g17 hammer work in its place?

Unless someone can sell me one, in which case, please pm me.

Thanks!
jjkfeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2014, 15:36   #861
e-luder

No. They are incompatible. You need a G18c specific hammer.
Old November 30th, 2014, 22:46   #862
Animalmother

Since the guide was posted. What can I do to make my glock 18c more reliable? I know the frame, what else? I don't use full auto anymore. I also have been using duster gas as I'm afraid to use green gas. Metal slide+guarder frame? Spring with buffer? I already have a guarder mag catch and hammer spring.
Animalmother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2015, 02:21   #863
Dino7777

What a great thread! Thanks! Have anyone out there seen original TM Glock 17 hop-up chambers for sale in an Asia webshop?

I can only find aluminum ones, and I prefer the original heavy one or steel/copper ones. My current one cracked off the bottom lip that locks in the barrel.
Dino7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2015, 15:31   #864
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino7777 View Post
What a great thread! Thanks! Have anyone out there seen original TM Glock 17 hop-up chambers for sale in an Asia webshop?

I can only find aluminum ones, and I prefer the original heavy one or steel/copper ones. My current one cracked off the bottom lip that locks in the barrel.
There's a whole bunch of over seas retailers that carry the stock hop unit.
I'm looking at one right now.

I don't think they ever made steel/copper ones though....
Old January 20th, 2015, 11:46   #865
rufunky

Question

Can someone tell me where I can purchase the PGC slide and barrel for the marui g26? I can not find it anywhere and my plastic stock barrel cracked :/
rufunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2015, 13:53   #866
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufunky View Post
Can someone tell me where I can purchase the PGC slide and barrel for the marui g26? I can not find it anywhere and my plastic stock barrel cracked :/
I believe they're discontinued.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2015, 13:57   #867
rufunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeStopCalling View Post
I believe they're discontinued.
Thanks, that could be why. Any idea where I can get a Shooter’s Design g26 marui slide and barrel?
rufunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2015, 14:38   #868
apilar

If you find one over seas be careful of the importing rules. I have a feeling there is a restriction on importing barrels/slides that are less than 5 inches...

Happy hunting
apilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2015, 15:39   #869
Dino7777

Not much help I know, but I recently looked around for an upgrade of my G26 slide, and after much searching in the Asia shops I could only find Guarder ones, so I went with that. Not cheap compared to G17 slides.

Here it is with the stock slide.

IMG_0450.JPG

Last edited by Dino7777; January 30th, 2015 at 02:17..
Dino7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2015, 12:56   #870
N.G.

I ordered a Guarder frame & Prime G34 slide for my G18c. Was able to transfer all parts with no issues, except for the stock blow back unit. I filed the BBU a bit where I thought it was hitting. It looks like the BBU is all the way in, but, it covers the slide grooves. You can see this in the first picture below. I am starting to think they sent me a slide for another model glock. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thoughts?

Last edited by N.G.; January 24th, 2015 at 12:15..
N.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications