Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KWA USP, mag/spares availability

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 3rd, 2013, 14:40   #1
Metcarfre

KWA USP, mag/spares availability

Hi there,

Been looking around for a GBBP to purchase as my first gun*, and I'm interested in the KWA USP. However, it's my understanding that KWA lost the license to produce H&K branded items, so that finding spare magazines and replacement parts may be an issue. However, I also read somewhere that Umarex had been given the license by H&K and essentially producing a rebranded version of the KWA USP - is this correct? If so, this would likely alleviate this problem, yes?

Also, I'm aware of the commandment "though shalt not try to import guns", but does this hold for magazines as well? For example Airsoft GI http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=8237

* I'm aware that a basic AEG is a much more appropriate item to start the sport with, but I figure I can rent/beg/borrow a long arm if and when I decide to try the real deal. Meanwhile, the pistol can always be used for plinking & etc.
Metcarfre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 15:03   #2
K3vX

You're half correct.

Umarex always owned and will always own the H&K licence. They can do whatever they want with it.

Umarex had a partership with KWA so they could produce weapon under the H&K licence. Umarex pistols are EXACTLY the same as KWA pistol, but depending on the website, time of the year or the bird migration, they interchange names.

Umarex broke the partnership with KWA, removing them their borrowed licence. KWA can no longer sell any H&K products. They can, however, still sell replacement parts AND magazines.

I would not worry about the mag supply for at least a few years. And yes, you can import them. You may pay more with shipping and custom taxes, but I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metcarfre View Post
Hi there,

Been looking around for a GBBP to purchase as my first gun*, and I'm interested in the KWA USP. However, it's my understanding that KWA lost the license to produce H&K branded items, so that finding spare magazines and replacement parts may be an issue. However, I also read somewhere that Umarex had been given the license by H&K and essentially producing a rebranded version of the KWA USP - is this correct? If so, this would likely alleviate this problem, yes?

Also, I'm aware of the commandment "though shalt not try to import guns", but does this hold for magazines as well? For example Airsoft GI http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=8237

* I'm aware that a basic AEG is a much more appropriate item to start the sport with, but I figure I can rent/beg/borrow a long arm if and when I decide to try the real deal. Meanwhile, the pistol can always be used for plinking & etc.
K3vX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 15:29   #3
Metcarfre

Very informative, thank you.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 15:36   #4
TurlteRaph

So you are seriously going to attend games with a Pistol??
TurlteRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 15:42   #5
Danke

In fact KWA will still be making some H&K stuff for Umarex, they just won't get to brand it.

Going pistol only can be a lot of fun. Make sure you have lots of mags.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 15:47   #6
Metcarfre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurlteRaph View Post
So you are seriously going to attend games with a Pistol??
No, like I said, my intention is to rent/beg/borrow and try the sport out a few times before I decide to go whole hog.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 15:47   #7
Nickaayyy

Played a full year just pistol and had a lot of fun. Give you a challenge when you have to get your friend when hes in the wood with an AK with drum mag.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 16:40   #8
TurlteRaph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metcarfre View Post
No, like I said, my intention is to rent/beg/borrow and try the sport out a few times before I decide to go whole hog.
If you are, I will join you...
TurlteRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2013, 16:42   #9
Metcarfre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurlteRaph View Post
If you are, I will join you...
something something high speed low drag
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank