Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Better ROF

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 23rd, 2011, 22:55   #1
Tempest VI

Better ROF

I've overhauled my CA AUG's mechbox with one of those Guarder SP150 FTKs but swapped out the spring with a M120. I knew it was going to lower my ROF and such because the gears are "Infinite Torque", and the AUG runs a 8.4V mini. My ROF is currently at around 2 rounds per second. Now, I do have experience with LiPos but only in helis, but that's a different concept than an AEG. I know the more volts the faster the motor is going to turn, the thing with helis is that rotor rpm is always 100%. From what I read on the forms, the 11.1V LiPo won't alone increase my ROF and that it will act similar to a 9.6V? I know I can also change my motor to something like an EG1000. The motor I have currently is stock and it just says Classic Army, but apparently it may already be an EG1000, as some other threads said CA now puts those in their newer guns?

So in essence what I'm asking is what is the best possible way to increase my ROF in my current situation? If going to a 11.1V LiPo won't do the trick, what will? Theoretically, my mechbox should be able to handle it without any problems... right?
Old July 23rd, 2011, 23:59   #2
THEMAKKER13

I would think your rate of fire should be higher. A mosfet and deans connectors would increase your rate of fire, but it seems like you have a good set up otherwise.
THEMAKKER13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 00:04   #3
Tempest VI

So your saying install a mosfet and don't go with a Lipo, just stay with the 8.4v or go a 9.6?
Old July 24th, 2011, 12:14   #4
THEMAKKER13

I can't really make a battery recommendation as I've never used Lipo's but if you got a mosfet, a lipo, and deans connectors your rof will go up. Lipos can damage your gearbox, so you should read up on them and be careful.
Old July 24th, 2011, 12:27   #5
Tempest VI

Is there a specific MOSFET for the AUG because of the dual stage trigger? I know lot of good things came from the ASCU V2 but it's for mexhbox V2.
Old July 24th, 2011, 13:05   #6
AngelusNex
formerly Sepulcrum

Send a message via MSN to AngelusNex
2 rounds per second means you mechbox is fucked up or your battery is complete shit.

Reshim it, properly adjust the motor height and that should give you at least 12-16 bbps
AngelusNex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 14:39   #7
Tempest VI

I thought something like that too. I actually placed both sets of gears in the half case of the mexbox and spun the bevel gear by hand. It was a huge differnce between the speed in which the sector gear spins, infact the sector gear has a 1:1 ratio on both it's gears.
Old July 25th, 2011, 18:41   #8
THEMAKKER13

Angelusnex is right, something has to be wrong. As for a specific mosfet sorry I don't know. If you have an arniesairsoft account you can pm a guy who goes by "infected". He builds and sells mosfets, and you can ask him if he makes ones for augs, but I don't know if the dual stage trigger even matters.

Last edited by THEMAKKER13; July 26th, 2011 at 17:44..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications