Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ares Airsoft sits up and pays attention

:

General

Old March 9th, 2012, 09:06   #1
Ratters

Ares Airsoft sits up and pays attention

Being the proud new owner of a Mk43 which was gently used and slightly abused I was quick to begin my search for replacement parts.

First off was the boxmag. 4000 rounds of plastic spewing insanity coming at you from this thing!
North American "carriers" and European ones were contacted. One replied having one, never again to be heard from when it was time to purchase it ):

I finally found one in the UK (Wolf Armories) and they shipped it out.

Being that the original owner accidentally broke off the barrel release latch, again contacting the Ares carriers and distributors, absolutely no replies.

Out of frustration I persistently contacted Ares ( within reason) voiced the fact that their product is amazing yet people representing your product are not respecting their obligations to you as the product supplier or their customers.

After a couple of these emails "boom" like a waking giant they were on it. Every part I needed, not excluding parts not listed on their website were shipped within the week.
Note: the boxmag out of the UK was $140 landed. Local request to order for me was quoted at $180+ Ares price? Double O-ring cylinder head, ball bearing quick change spring guide, additional boxmag with faux ammo belt, barrel release lever, shipped Xpress? $130 Canadian.

I don't think I'd ever had such a awesome experiance with ordering direct from a manufacturer. Not all manufacturers will do it but I suppose I said the right things to them and it's been great.

Lesson here is don't knock a brand till you do what I've done. You may be pleasantly surprised (:

Cheers,

Jason
Old March 9th, 2012, 09:17   #2
Strelok

Hmm, cool. Might actually encourage me to buy their PPSH.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 09:46   #3
j_march

I had heard bad stories about trying to find parts for some of their guns.....you must have emailed the right guy with the right attitude......its good to see a company stand up and do the right thing.
Old March 9th, 2012, 10:28   #4
Juic3
freakonleash

Customer service is very important cause yes the money come from the sells , but if you give sh*tty customer service the buyer will talk crap about you and give you bad rep. Happy to see Ares give some good service.
Juic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 10:29   #5
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

I've had the most weird results with Ares.

2 years ago, broke my stock at a game on a saturday. Sent an email to Ares the next day, wrong email account but they forwarded me to the right department. After some back and forth, got the replacement parts sorted out and paid by bank transfer. 4 days later, recieved my parts.

January this year, found out my mechbox was borked, had to order a new once since its proprietary. Sent an email to them, got a reply within a day telling me they'll be checking their warehouse for availability. Week goes by, no response, I send a follow up to see whats going on, no reply. Another week goes by, another follow up, no response. I send one last follow up, telling them that I've liked their products for the past few years but their service for parts is getting out of hand for company that uses many proprietary parts.

last week, decided to send them another follow up, someone gets back to me in 2 days telling me that the warehouse is out of the mechbox i need, and production run for those is expected in July.

First experience with spare parts was great, second, not so much. They're interesting to deal with but I really do hope that they step up their game in terms of replacement parts. I honestly do like their products, they're pretty well designed, but the support is what kills it for most people.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 10:49   #6
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

In reality the proprietary parts are not that bad. Decently reliable on par with other average brands. The problem really just is when something brakes its impossible to get replacements.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 10:55   #7
L473ncy

I wonder if Zshot had anything to do with lighting a fire under their asses and actually getting them to start distributing replacement OEM parts more widely.

If it was, then good job Zshot if you're reading this.
Old March 9th, 2012, 10:57   #8
j_march

thats the reason i try to stay away from ares....unless they have a gun no one else makes...for example my ares tavor with mars sight.....but now S&T has a tavor and for much cheaper. I also find ares to be pretty expensive when other brands offer somewhat better prices.
Old March 9th, 2012, 15:24   #9
Ratters

cs@aresairsoft.com

Belle or Chrystal are awesome, response time was shockingly quick.

Fanky also deserves BIG kudos

Try them out! I"m sure they'd love the attention.

Cheers
Old March 9th, 2012, 17:22   #10
Regulator

Ares support

I have an Ares M4 SIR and the bolt catch broke. I emailed ares and they didn't respond for three weeks. So I send a follow up email and they respond in 2 days saying that they were having server issues but they would forward to customer service. Then no response for 9 days, so I followed up again this week. If I don't hear back in another week I will try contacting them by name. Thanks for the info.
Regulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 19:51   #11
medhatboy
formerly Swatt Five-Six

I had to contact Zshot about mags from my Ares L1A1, they got them in for me for $28US each.
medhatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2012, 23:23   #12
bujitjit

To all of the Ares's lover above,

I'm one of the dealers that deals with the Ares distributor in Canada, and they have listened to the customer and trying to change as much as they can.

From what I heard from the local distributor in Canada, they have contacted the ASC and trying to open up an account to help all the ASC members locate their parts with ease.

At first, Ryan told them they can open up account, then later on when everything is ready and the owner of Ares Canada ready to pay and stuff, Ryan told them no, because of some stupid reason I would say!

But as a dealer, from all the story I heard from other distributors, and put every piece together, ASC are just playing games! they don't want to open up account for dealers that are in GTA, because some GTA dealers are threaten them if they let more guys from the GTA hopping on, they will withdraw their ads!

If anyone is clever enough and figure it out, NONE of the newer advertisement are from GTA....!!

This is all BULLS, when you said you trying to help out the ASC community by bringing in benefits from different directions, WHY block some dealers that willing and able to offer such service?

If anyone interested to find out more, I might ask the distributor to pass the email on to me, so I can post it up here.

For all the Ares Lover, there are people that willing to help here, but is being block by a stupide reason from ASC

And for all the Ares hater, there are people that could make your experience better, but ASC wouldn't like to help out!

And for all the mods, or owner of this forum, PLEASE do look into this problem, this is totally BULLS.....!!!
bujitjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2012, 00:05   #13
Swattiger

Hopefully we could take a more opened attitude towards new retailer who wants to advertise here, so members could have more choice.

I have been buying from a local retailer at prices similar to those who are having big sale here now for a while. And this retailer's application to advertise here was rejected, the reason was "this new retailer would not bring any benefit to the community".
Swattiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2012, 02:56   #14
TaroBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
Hmm, cool. Might actually encourage me to buy their PPSH.
Split hop up, man.
Old March 10th, 2012, 03:24   #15
Dynamo
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow

Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
front end of my friend's PTS ACR's gearbox (made by Ares) is cracked to shit. what are his chances of getting a replacement shell? and i do specifically mean just the shell.. the rest of the internals are garbage.
for now i hope JB weld will be strong enough to hold it together.. anyone who does have the Ares made ACR, be warned! the front of the gearbox is weak sauce, and should be reinforced with JB weld BEFORE it breaks.

Don't look at me, I don't know, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯.
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General