Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

MP7 on Stargate.

:

Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi

Old December 12th, 2006, 08:55   #31
LUTNIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
Figuring out when the Stargate cast gets new weaponry is easy because they just so happen to coincide with Tokyo Marui release dates for that particular gun.

What, you didn't actually think they were using REAL guns, did you?
Umm....do you know how easy it is for TV and movie companies to get all and any manner of real firearms? So assuming the ejecting shells, muzzle flashes, and smoke, as well as the noticeably ammo depleting mags in the guns with transparent magazines (P90, G36 series) I still wont believe that the 3D animators that are doing all this actually pay attention enough to have the shells land where the set directors left them as where the empty casings fall as they fire are where they stay from different angles. Its like when someone said they used airsoft guns on trailer park boys when in many interviews with actors, producers, directors, and the like all say they use real guns with extra loud blanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAVOC View Post
currant laws dictate that even police are not to carry firearms over the border. So we Canadians have to use the Americans toys. Not to mention that the director will want the weapons to look cool and out of the ordinary.
You mean there isn't some interstellar version of the UN that disallows the transport of weapons across planetary "borders"!? The universe must be a lawless crazy place then unlike our outstanding peaceful Earth.

Last edited by LUTNIT; December 12th, 2006 at 08:58..
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 09:24   #32
Gryphon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUTNIT View Post
Umm....do you know how easy it is for TV and movie companies to get all and any manner of real firearms? So assuming the ejecting shells, muzzle flashes, and smoke, as well as the noticeably ammo depleting mags in the guns with transparent magazines (P90, G36 series) I still wont believe that the 3D animators that are doing all this actually pay attention enough to have the shells land where the set directors left them as where the empty casings fall as they fire are where they stay from different angles. Its like when someone said they used airsoft guns on trailer park boys when in many interviews with actors, producers, directors, and the like all say they use real guns with extra loud blanks.
Do you have a clue what you're talking about? I have been a part of movie productions pal, and there's more to it than simple availability. Things like the cost of blanks (sometimes up to $1.00 PER SHOT), insurance, cost of renting the guns, and paying the gun handler to look after them (because a props master doesn't). Besides which, it's been confirmed that Peter Kang supplied TM AEGs to the series.

TPB is quite obviously blank firing; where did I say it wasn't? You may want to rethink your cunning non-sequitur statements through a bit more thoroughly next time.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 15:35   #33
LUTNIT

Quote:
quite obviously blank firing; where did I say it wasn't?
Here:
Quote:
What, you didn't actually think they were using REAL guns, did you?
Quote:
Figuring out when the Stargate cast gets new weaponry is easy because they just so happen to coincide with Tokyo Marui release dates for that particular gun.
So TM started producing G36k's when?

Also the first time I remember seeing MP7's on stargate they where actually shooting them, so obviously not airsoft guns (I have no idea if they had some airsoft spares or not but they had at least a few real ones.)

Last edited by LUTNIT; December 12th, 2006 at 15:40..
Old December 12th, 2006, 17:42   #34
Kos-Mos

Usually in Stargates when they shoot close to the camera, they use real weapons. but when they are further, they use airsoft replicas.

And about the fact that TM doesn't produce a G36K....what keep them from upgrading and modifying the guns just like we do?

If you watch carefully, in some of the earliest episodes, you can see the smoke and blast from the muzzle being a bit offset to the guns. Yes they use airsoft rifles. Whenever they don't fire or fire from a distance, they use them. Ever though how much it would cost to have 15-20 rifles on the same camera shot and shooting all the blanks in there?
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 19:09   #35
LUTNIT

Actually now that you mention it I do remember several instances where the muzzle flashes/smoke don't look that real, didn't think about that till now.

I know they could modify the guns with a G36k kit but I would think they would want what they want up front instead of buying something else and modifying it. It wouldn't be that strenuous for Peter Kang to have the kits installed on his own though and sold to the studio as a ready to go G36k, or perhaps a manufacturer other than TM...
Old January 6th, 2007, 18:04   #36
Moderate

I thought I noticed a TM Springer on the very first episode "Children of the Gods". When Teal'c holds up the XM177 to look at it, while holding onto the woman/soldier just before the credits start. The XM177's mag has a big dip in it (while I assume that all armalite mags have a flat bottom) like some sort of spring loaded catch or highcap winding wheel.

Ex. Click to enlarge

Moderate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 20:49   #37
Zeonprime

Location: Waterloo, kitchener, guelph, mississauga, north east toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by moderatesniper View Post
I thought I noticed a TM Springer on the very first episode "Children of the Gods". When Teal'c holds up the XM177 to look at it, while holding onto the woman/soldier just before the credits start. The XM177's mag has a big dip in it (while I assume that all armalite mags have a flat bottom) like some sort of spring loaded catch or highcap winding wheel.

Ex. Click to enlarge

Hicap. have the Episode on the harddrive. it's a Hicap.

Stargate and other shows have been using Airsoft for years now. not to mention movies.

Battlestar Galatica (The new version) has been using several different airsoft guns since they started (TM P90 TRS and UMPs for example, also recently MP7A1 with an Elcan on it)

Quote:
Be safe not just with yourself, but those you play with. If you are reckless with other peoples safety then you will leave.
Zeonprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 22:23   #38
made Man

Send a message via ICQ to made Man
Whatever episode was on that i saw, there was a russian team coming back. holly frack did that RPK, SVD and AKs look awesome.
You dont choose who you love, love chooses you; and that little fucking son of a bitch sticks itself to your face like the godless bloodsucking bastards in Alien and refuses to let go until it has drained your soul and left you an empty shell of a human being.

I am worth $2,106,266.00 on HumanForSale.com

<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder
made Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2007, 22:46   #39
Jayne Finch

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.A.T.M._JLD View Post
Heckler & Koch love the MP5s, not realy a fan of the G36s. I'm a M4 type of guy but I alwas wished they had them in a 308 and looks like DPMS fixed that. Now just got to figer out how to get on.
if you think that ones cool check out the MGI "hydra" it can be adapted to SEVEN different types of ammunition.
Jayne Finch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2007, 23:10   #40
Hux37

From a friend that is highly into Stargate, and has been on the set and talked to everyone he could, he says airsoft are "carried" by the talent for some of the close ups (the before mentioned Teal'c scene). As for all the shooting scenes, they are blank firing firearms. If that is still useful in this topic.
Hux37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2007, 23:20   #41
Dracheous
Lego Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hux37 View Post
From a friend that is highly into Stargate, and has been on the set and talked to everyone he could, he says airsoft are "carried" by the talent for some of the close ups (the before mentioned Teal'c scene). As for all the shooting scenes, they are blank firing firearms. If that is still useful in this topic.
Makes sense, since there are so few actual shooting scenes. So safe "shoots" for the rest of the show time.

"The hydrogen economy car from the people who brought you the 'Hindenburg'" - Glen Foster

Condoms do not guarantee safe sex any more. A friend of mine wore one and was shot by the woman's husband!
Dracheous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 21:40   #42
Stone Evil

Yeah...after a stint with the MP7s it looks as though they are all using P90s. The first season of Atlantis have the cast using P90s as well. I haven't seen season two of Atlantis yet.
Stone Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 21:42   #43
R.A.T.M._JLD

wow. you need to get with the times.
Old May 14th, 2007, 22:19   #44
Stone Evil

wow. Thanks for that. Very helpful.
Stone Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 22:31   #45
Denis[teamplayer]

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.A.T.M._JLD View Post
wow. you need to get with the times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Evil View Post
wow. Thanks for that. Very helpful.
well, they did mention the mp7s above if you read the first post.....in feb '06
Denis[teamplayer] is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Movies/Video Games/Sci-fi