Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KJW KC02 vs WE G39K

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 4th, 2013, 21:34   #1
sammynac99

KJW KC02 vs WE G39K

Hey guys, looking to get into one of the above mentioned GBBR's. Many of the senior members on here have vouched for both platforms, citing that to make a WE reliable you gotta pour in money, some have said that the kjw 10/22 is sweet too, which I don't doubt. The reality is is that I have narrowed it down between these 2 and am looking to take a vote necessarily and hear both sides. Current owners opinions will be taken seriously as well as gun mechanics, I need a real comparison of

Build quality

Reliability

Gas efficiency

Accuracy

Maintenance( ease of cleaning etc.)

Availability of replacement parts and upgrades

Availability of magazines

This has been covered, but not in depth as a face to face thread. This will be the battle to end all battles between the 2 rifles and will hopefully settle more then just my mind in regards to such a purchase. Thanks
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 21:54   #2
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

one question would be are you wanting a DMR type weapon or an assult rifle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 22:36   #3
Viperfish

KC02 hands down, shit simple to work on, lots of aftermarket parts. works great right out of the box and can take alot of abuse. Not to mention its out of the box performance and accuracy.

The fact of the matter is the gun its based on a super reliable system. so is the airsoft gun.

WOLFPACK WP-32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBR View Post
If you ever go to a milsim and hear a vuvuzela, you are fucked.
Viperfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 00:26   #4
forsberg2110
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammynac99 View Post
Hey guys, looking to get into one of the above mentioned GBBR's. Many of the senior members on here have vouched for both platforms, citing that to make a WE reliable you gotta pour in money, some have said that the kjw 10/22 is sweet too, which I don't doubt. The reality is is that I have narrowed it down between these 2 and am looking to take a vote necessarily and hear both sides. Current owners opinions will be taken seriously as well as gun mechanics, I need a real comparison of

Build quality

Reliability

Gas efficiency

Accuracy

Maintenance( ease of cleaning etc.)

Availability of replacement parts and upgrades

Availability of magazines

This has been covered, but not in depth as a face to face thread. This will be the battle to end all battles between the 2 rifles and will hopefully settle more then just my mind in regards to such a purchase. Thanks
I dont know why people say WE-Tech guns are not reliable..i have owned a G39K for two years and all i have ever done with it was put in a 6.01 barrel.. its the only gun i use and never had a problem..all you have to do is take care of it after each game..the problem with WE-Tech is there guns are affordable so stupid little kids buy them and never take care of them then complain when they break.
forsberg2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:51   #5
sammynac99

In regards to using it as a DMR vs assault the way I'd like to use it would be as a multi role rifle, from what I understand regarding the KJW is you can run it on duster indoors shooting 250-350, and if you wanna run it outdoors you use propane where you can get a consistent 400 ish FPS, I assume there are npas units for both guns???

Thank you for the response viperfish, If there are any other people who would like to speak for the WE it would be cool to hear from owners, as it's true that the myths regarding WE may be overblown in the community. Although I have heard people say that WE's break, I'm sure there are some owners that like their WE and that work fine. So lets hear from those guys too.
Old March 5th, 2013, 11:39   #6
camerashot

I have two KC02's I like it so much.

Out of the box it is super reliable. Shoots amazing. Has lots of aftermarket parts if you want to improve performance. The ratech hop rubber and the ratech inner barell just make it exceptional.
It is my favourite gun I play with because of the versatility.

I cant speak for the WE but the KC02 has an npas option.
camerashot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 13:03   #7
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
From second hand experience, or first hand depending who you talk to...the g39K cannot compare to the KC-02. I find the g39k to be very subpar. Body material and build is meh and nothing to look at really. Its really a matter of preference. Just go to TA. They have both models and handle them.

I would say to go with the KC-02 since its just another great performing gun being pumped out by kjw. I have no idea why the brand is not brought up more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 13:44   #8
Re1ko

KJW hands down. Got a WE G39 RAS and had it break the third time I used it and could not get replacement parts from the retailer I bought it from.

Never seen any issues with the KC-02. Know lots of guys that run them around here. The few times I have shot one I was very impressed with the performance.
Re1ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 16:23   #9
forsberg2110
Banned

For me personally I don't like the looks of kc02. I've owned we-tech m14, ak74 pmc and a g39k. Never ever had a problem I guess I take care of them correctly. Go buy a g39k from TA, put a tightbore barrel, and ratech hopup rubber. The gun will shoot 550fps all day long no problem
forsberg2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 18:22   #10
T-Hell

KC02 is a great platform...

Light. the gun weighs nothing

Mags. Both a GG and a CO2 Version mag are available

Range. With an upgraded RAtech inner at 380mm and the RAT hopup was getting 200+ feet before the BB started to drop perhaps even 250 feet with accuracy

Get the long mags.
Personally I went CO2 less maint...

ended up putting a new inner in I have the RATech 510mm
have not ranged it yet but am guessing that 250+ feet will be in order.

Rhino Living

http://www.nordicbattlegroup.ca
T-Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 19:05   #11
MaciekA

I don't own a KC02 but I've been kind of drooling to get one this year at some point and have spent some time shouldering it. The rifle feels very very good.

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 19:08   #12
MaciekA

One thing I'd really like to see for the KC02 is mags like these:

Now you know

MaciekA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:49   #13
sammynac99

Bought a kc02, the thing is crisp and feels awesome to fire, I definitely need to field it ASAP, need to go and search for tetra duster now, wish me luck!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion