Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Official I hate Canada postal service thread!!!

:

General

Closed Thread

Old June 15th, 2011, 14:28   #676
Aegiis
Sgt. Pitbull

I've called and put an official complaint with them. I believe if enough people / businesses do it, they will at least know we feel this is a momentous stupid move.

www.anvairsoft.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
Aegiis ?* raison
Old June 15th, 2011, 14:39   #677
PaddMadd
uMadd, Padd?

Send a message via MSN to PaddMadd
I just ordered two packages from HK the day before the lock-out, if I have to wait until those lazy fuckers decide to go back to work, I am going to smack some people.
Old June 15th, 2011, 15:02   #678
MadMorbius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegiis View Post
I've called and put an official complaint with them. I believe if enough people / businesses do it, they will at least know we feel this is a momentous stupid move.
It's not a stupid move. It's the only move they can make if they want to survive as a corporation and maintain any kind of profitability.

You have other choices. They might cost a little more, but you can still move packages around.

Unless you want to see CPC's rates jump up, and have them accompanied by exhorbitant importation and brokerage fees, you'll have to put up with the lockout. They can't keep prices low while paying 0-day employees $24/hr with first-rate pensions and benefit programs.

Old June 15th, 2011, 15:19   #679
ACCL
* AV Suspended Pending Trade Dispute *

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMorbius View Post
They can't keep prices low while paying 0-day employees $24/hr with first-rate pensions and benefit programs.
Lol keep prices low. That's a new one. Since when has their prices been low
Old June 15th, 2011, 15:31   #680
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

A full lock out means that CP management saves millions on labour costs! for instance CUPW has around 48000 members on strike. Now assume that the average crowney makes about $100/day

48000 striking employees X $100 = 4.8 million dollars a day saved because CP doesnt have to pay its workers.
Old June 15th, 2011, 15:34   #681
MadMorbius
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCL View Post
Lol keep prices low. That's a new one. Since when has their prices been low
Compared to what? Have a look and see what it cost to send a package across the country using Fedex, UPS or DHL and compare that to Canada Post.

Quote:
48000 striking employees X $100 = 4.8 million dollars a day saved because CP doesnt have to pay its workers.
What kind of world do you live in where not doing business equals saving money?

Old June 15th, 2011, 15:41   #682
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7831 View Post
Sure theyre not paying people, but theyre not making money either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGrail25 View Post
I'm no expert on the law, but the only victims of rape in this story are the 40 men.
Old June 15th, 2011, 15:47   #683
philly0001

Nope I have asked. They do not facilitate pick up at processing plants (under any circumstance). I have a few things in the mail too and Canada Post has been fucking around with delivery and now they are locked out. I am not impressed when I was told my package would be shipping UPS but gets shipped Canada Post. So its not entirely CP fault but I should have had my package by now, and calling them doesnt really get you anywhere (they have 5-10 bus days to get back to you). And now I have no idea when I will get it, wouldnt be suprised if it gets returned to sender. I too wouldve liked to have my new gear for Sundays game at Adrenaline. My money/property is being held hostage!! Its so fun being on the shit end of a strike (teachers strike, I have to go to school in the summer, garbage stike I have to smell garbage everywhere, etc), seems like making the customer suffer for your greed is a little counter productive. Those that might have come back have now got that last nail in the coffin. I have a feeling they might be getting paid $25hr to start but only working 1 day (or even a few hours) a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberwing View Post
GOD DAMMIT!! I have two packages sitting right now in Mississauga that I was hoping would atleast arrive by Friday for the Adrenaline Game... Is it possible to go and just pick the packages up?
Old June 15th, 2011, 15:50   #684
MadMorbius
Mail and packages in the system are being processed, according to the article I posted and the notice on infopost. So it might take a little longer, but it should still be moving.

Old June 15th, 2011, 15:55   #685
ACCL
* AV Suspended Pending Trade Dispute *

[QUOTE=MadMorbius;1484332]Compared to what? Have a look and see what it cost to send a package across the country using Fedex, UPS or DHL and compare that to Canada Post. QUOTE]

Compared to other national postal services in other countries.
Old June 15th, 2011, 16:15   #686
MrBond
formerly tattoodan

Quote:
Mail and packages in the system are being processed, according to the article I posted and the notice on infopost. So it might take a little longer, but it should still be moving.
It's moving in transit but not on deliveries tho...

Team Mandrills
Old June 15th, 2011, 16:19   #687
HKGhost

Fuck CP! This shit always happen and goes nowhere. Now all of my packages is rotting in their facility. FUCK!

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
Old June 15th, 2011, 16:26   #688
slink182

Feds indicated they're going to step in.

Federal Labour Minister Lisa Raitt gave the 48 hours notice of her intention to introduce a bill to end the lockout. Earliest they can table and vote would be Monday.

So, ray of hope in the distance, methinks.
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
Old June 15th, 2011, 16:29   #689
Aegiis
Sgt. Pitbull

Quote:
Not according to the discussion I had with a CP employee this morning.

I should not have to "pay" for their conflict. The only thing this lockout is doing is pissing me off as a customer, not making me feel sympathetic towards them.

When you can't compete anymore in this free market, you die. They could'nt anticipate the changes, their loss.

www.anvairsoft.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kull View Post
Aegiis ?* raison
Old June 15th, 2011, 16:30   #690
MadMorbius
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCL View Post

Compared to other national postal services in other countries.
Fair enough, but we're not in those countries. And again, you can blame the Unions.

Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General