Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Marui GBB pistols

:

Newbie Tank

Old October 3rd, 2011, 18:04   #1
Slono
Slow mo.

Marui GBB pistols

This is a noob-ish question, but which pistol has the hardest blowback? I know a lot of the pistols use a double stack magazine, so how would the other guns compare to the hi-capa (the only double stack pistols I have experience with)?

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands
in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he
stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Slono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 18:08   #2
S_Okita

Id like to tack on a question about maruis, what if any mods are needed for propane?? ive read a lot about people saying you need hi flow valves and enhanced recoil springs etc. otherwise you run the risk of cracking the frame or the slide from the excess pressure. is this all true and if so what upgrades are actually required for my gun to live a full life without breakage?
S_Okita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 18:45   #3
Jamroxorz
Jamroz

Get a TM desert eagle
Hardkick =]
Jamroxorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 18:45   #4
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamroz View Post
Get a TM desert eagle
Hardkick =]
Was posting this as it popped up!!!
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 18:51   #5
Jamroxorz
Jamroz

I have one and I LOVE IT =] sexy hand canon, and if you get a bigger valve, a metal slide, and a harder blowback spring it'll kick even harder.
Jamroxorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 18:52   #6
kullwarrior

Desert Eagle,
Five-seveN (using propane = breaking it long term)
Old October 3rd, 2011, 19:14   #7
Reckless

pretty much in order:

desert eagle
PX4
G18 & five seven are pretty much equal

the DE's just got a massive slide with a pretty good metal skeleton in it... I run 2

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 19:18   #8
S_Okita

well i was specifically referring to a tm hi capa 5.1, personally i find desert eagles excessive (too big/heavy and a real one will kill the target then you with the recoil.) Any thing needed for a hicapa to survive long term propane usage?? otherwise ill just use duster and hope for the best.
Old October 3rd, 2011, 19:20   #9
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

The biggest recoil I've ever felt on a blow back pistol was the KWC Desert Eagle. Full metal, uses c02... 1 and 1/2" of blowback. It actually hurt your wrists if you fired it alot. Way too hot to game.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 19:40   #10
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
This is a noob-ish question, but which pistol has the hardest blowback? I know a lot of the pistols use a double stack magazine, so how would the other guns compare to the hi-capa (the only double stack pistols I have experience with)?
Anything with a metal slide will have the most felt recoil. So the gun with the heaviest slide will usually have the most felt recoil. However a gun with the heaviest slide will also have horrible performance.

In general the TM blowback system is really good, and combined with a metal slide and a enhanced recoil spring, that's probably the best recoil/perfomance ratio you're going to get. KWA/KSC NS2/System7 is also beastly.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 20:11   #11
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Okita View Post
Id like to tack on a question about maruis, what if any mods are needed for propane?? ive read a lot about people saying you need hi flow valves and enhanced recoil springs etc. otherwise you run the risk of cracking the frame or the slide from the excess pressure. is this all true and if so what upgrades are actually required for my gun to live a full life without breakage?
What you have stated is true for older TM GBB pistols, however beginning with the Sig P226 TM pistols have been able to run propane out of the box with no problems. I owned a stock TM P226 that ran great for three seasons with no issues whatsoever, and that is a common experience. Since then, TM has released the 1911/MEU series of pistols as well as the PX4 Storm, FN Five Seven, and the Sig P226 E2; all of which will run propane just fine out of the box.

I cannot speak knowledgeably about the TM Glock line, perhaps someone else can chime in.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 21:05   #12
ap27

I think TM 5-7 is known to break over time because of propane use. The breakage occurs in some major part and not just cracking in the slide/barrel. I have a TM 18c and so far propane seems to be working well. I have a stronger recoil spring in there but I'm certain that eventually the plastic slide with give way. Will upgrade to a metal one when that happens.

ap27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 22:08   #13
MrBond
formerly tattoodan

I have the TM Glock 18c with a PGC metal slide, harder recoil spring and buffers (to absorb some of the shock to the frame). I run it on propane only and it's my strongest felt recoil pistol and I have quite a few, all the others full metal. The biggest (of the very few) known issue with running this pistol on propane is that the main screw post in the middle of the lower frame absorbs alot of the shock and might break eventualy, tho there's some tricks out there to reinforce it (with cold weld and such).

I personaly think the pistols with a metal slide/composite frame combo (like the glock) tend to "kick" more because of the weight distribution.

Team Mandrills
MrBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2011, 22:14   #14
S_Okita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Anything with a metal slide will have the most felt recoil. So the gun with the heaviest slide will usually have the most felt recoil. However a gun with the heaviest slide will also have horrible performance.

In general the TM blowback system is really good, and combined with a metal slide and a enhanced recoil spring, that's probably the best recoil/perfomance ratio you're going to get. KWA/KSC NS2/System7 is also beastly.
so kwa ns2 is identical to ksc system 7??
Old October 3rd, 2011, 22:58   #15
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Okita View Post
so kwa ns2 is identical to ksc system 7??
Yes.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank