Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Revolvers for Target shooting

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 7th, 2012, 19:13   #1
zapper

Revolvers for Target shooting

Hello Everyone!
I have to be honest with you-have not been on the forum for a long time nor contributed anything.I am a senior who may buy either the new CO2 Dan Wesson
6 inch air soft revolver or the Skeleton Side Arms SS357 8 inch revolver only for paper target punching at home( or sticky target) at about 20 feet. Accuracy potential is very important.
Both of these are new on the market and so very few reviews. I know they will hit pop cans with their advertised FPS velocity but I need to know if either will suit my purpose for good shot groups with 25g bbs. I do like the looks of both although the faux wood grain grips on the SS357 may be troublesome with wear.
Any advise or opinions would be much appreciated and thank you!
zapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 19:15   #2
slink182

If you're just target shooting, and accuracy is "very important", then why not a pellet gun?
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 19:44   #3
L473ncy

The only revolvers you'll ever need for target shooting:

http://www.dlairgun.com/Air-Pistols/Smith-Wesson/
http://www.dlairgun.com/Air-Pistols/Crosman/ (scroll down on this one)
Old May 7th, 2012, 20:20   #4
Danke

I would shy away from the Skeleton sidearms stuff. They seemed to be aimed at impulse buyers who don't care if the function is short lived.

I would take a look in the classifieds right now. I bet you find what you're after in the spring/gas section.
Old May 7th, 2012, 22:23   #5
zapper

Airsoft Revolvers

Actually, I do have some decent pellet pistols for target work and a Dan Wesson
4.5mm bb revolver which is of excellent build quality and accuracy at short range. I am curious if either of the two soft airs I mentioned would give me similar results. ASG/Dan Wesson does have quality but Skeleton I don't know, they don't seem to have any history on the web.
I don't want to get into $$$ airsoft. thanks for any opinions!
Old May 7th, 2012, 22:32   #6
Drake
E-01

I'll echo Danke's recommendation of staying away from Skeleton Sidearms products.

You could check out WinGun revolvers; they're generally too hot to game with but since you're target shooting it would be fine, and they're relatively inexpensive. You'd have to ask an owner about accuracy.
Old May 7th, 2012, 22:49   #7
zapper

Forgot to mention - I am only interested in the chrome/nickle finish -providing functionality is there and I can only assume that at 20 feet indoors and no breeze, temperature /rain/snow issues, these could perform as well as steel bb models or pellets. Is this a reasonable assumption( using quality 25g or higher) and would the Skeleton 8 inch barrel be a plus?
Sure hope their track record reveals itself soon.Thanks for any more education you can provide me!
Old May 8th, 2012, 13:53   #8
Death March

On youtube there are posts about the Dan Wesson units,I just picked up the nickle 6" Dan Wesson.Havent had the chance to chrono it yet but they say 453fps with .20's. I had to clean the barrel with 6-7 swabs as it was realy dirty(black is more like it). The build of it though is realy nice,full metal.Just the grip is something like a rubber/plastic.
Ok so I just did a chrono test with it,It chrono'ed 545fps first shot with .20 the rest of them went down to 520 (18 shots) then I used (6) .25s and it was shoot'n 497fps with the .25's. Now keep in mind this is only the 6",one of the other guys on ower team has the 8" I don't think anyone will be gamming with these! It would be fun and you don't have to worrie about guy's not calling there hits,you might see them drop though Hmmm great Ref. gun for people that don't call hits!

Last edited by Death March; May 8th, 2012 at 14:59..
Death March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 15:19   #9
MrBond
formerly tattoodan

If you want the look/great finish of an airsoft revolver + the accuracy of a pellet gun for target shooting, here's the perfect hybrid --> http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Dan_We...ver/2645#sSpec

Basically the same as the airsoft version except the bullet cartridge and inner barrel are for .177 caliber.

Team Mandrills
MrBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 15:25   #10
zapper

Thanks for your info Death March. I am leaning to the Dan Wesson 6 inch silver, it will be in Toronto dealers this month.Some ads say 450FPS for this and only 426FPS
for the 8 inch (?) Anyway, based on your comments - would this 6 inch be a good target revolver for 20 feet? I have seen the steel bb version and it is superb fit and finish as is the 8 inch black which I have and it scores as good as my pellet guns in short range.
ASG will not be offering the silver long barrel in 4.5 or 6.mm.

Last edited by zapper; May 8th, 2012 at 15:27.. Reason: include user name
Old May 8th, 2012, 17:37   #11
Death March

Yeh on my box it states that its 453fps with .20's lol. I have a little range in my Basement 30-35ft. It has a tight group,but shoots a little high and to the left. As far as I'v seen you can't get a nickel 8" only in a 6". I want another just for fun. I don't like the dark ver. with the gun metal finish.I would love the 8" nickel.
Old May 8th, 2012, 17:45   #12
SuperCriollo

My 4in is shooting slightly towards the left too. Thankfully the rear sight is adjustable.

SuperCriollo
SuperCriollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 19:44   #13
Death March

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCriollo View Post
My 4in is shooting slightly towards the left too. Thankfully the rear sight is adjustable.
I just don't have the time to mess with it right now. I still want to try it with some .28s and see how that works. Kinda sucks with no hop-up on them.
Old May 12th, 2012, 16:50   #14
Feddar

Are saying there is no hop up on these revolvers?
Feddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 17:30   #15
zapper

Thanks for the ongoing opinions in this thread. Hop up is fixed on the Dan Wesson and Skeleton SS357 according to the web ads.
I visited a local airsoft shop to look around. He advised that he does have the
Dan Wesson 6 inch but it shoots over a 2 foot spread.So this dampens my enthusiasm for this model since I want it for indoor 20 foot target work.I will wait for more reviews on sites like Pyramyd Air hoping that a few people may be more positive about it.
Why would they put out a $230-$250 gun with no hop up if that is a key element? Surely good looks alone won't sell it.
Having said that and because I am a novice in soft air- could I ask for suggestions of other pistols that would make me smile, under $300, non-blowback and not needing extra $$ in modifications Thanks again!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion