Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE 1911 Slide Jam

:

Doctor's Corner

Old September 21st, 2011, 19:36   #1
iKliiu

WE 1911 Slide Jam

My 1911 jams almost every shot with both of my mags. Here are some pictures of the jam. Can anyone explain what is going on what I can do to solve this?

iKliiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 19:48   #2
MrBond
formerly tattoodan

Sometimes there's a bit of miscast on the hammer instead of being a round, smooth surface as it should be. With use it sometimes grind the under-plate at the bottom of the slide and jams. If you can pull the hammer down a bit and the slide goes back in battery, that's your problem. Simply file down the excess metal on the hammer to a smooth surface and you should be good.

Team Mandrills
MrBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2011, 21:19   #3
IRONSIGHT

You may also have a burr on the bottom of the slide that's grabbing the hammer, caused by the above mentioned problem. On a side note I don't see the shine of oil anywhere along the bottom of your slide. Do you lube your gun?
IRONSIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2011, 21:18   #4
iKliiu

I checked the hammer, it looks good. I think the issue is that the hammer gets stuck in the slide somehow.
Old September 22nd, 2011, 22:53   #5
viking9934

check your chamber groove to slide groove( near ejection port , the tree extruded line) on mine i had probleme when they get used. this make the slide going to far and get stuck.
Old September 24th, 2011, 23:47   #6
iKliiu

Still no luck. This problem started after my hammer jammed once, and I disassembled the hammer assembly.
Old September 25th, 2011, 03:45   #7
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

I had the exact same problem on my Hi-Capa. The hammer assembly can be reassembled in a way that lets the hammer ride higher, resulting in collision with the bump on the underside of the slide.

I thought you might have a jammed blowback unit, but it looks like the slide is caught on the hammer instead.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 06:43   #8
Drake
E-01

Okay, if you pull the hammer down while it's stuck like that does the slide move freely?

Do you have to manually (perhaps quite forcefully) push/tap the slide back into battery (i.e., fully forward)?

If it's the latter, remove the slide and check your blowback unit (BBU) by pulling the loading nozzle all the way forward: check the o-ring on the piston head (if one/was is present) and make sure if hasn't come off. I've seen some get caught/shredded by the loading nozzle and end up torn and jammed at the base of the BBU.

Also pull back and release the nozzle and make sure it's moving freely and smoothly.

If necessary, remove the the BBU (flat head screw holding the rear sight and hex screw at the rear of the slide: don't lose the small long-ish spring when you remove the BBU) and lube the piston head. Check the inside of the blowback unit and ensure it's free of dirt/debris and slightly lubed.

Make sure the hex screw holding the BBU isn't excessively overtightened as it may pull the BBU back at a weird angle (fraction of a degree) which can interfere with the loading nozzle. Tight is okay, I'm talking about not torquing down on it like a gorilla.
Old September 25th, 2011, 14:42   #9
iKliiu

When I pull the hammer down when the slide is stuck, the slide goes to where it's supposed to be. I'm pretty sure the slide is caught on the hammer; is there any way to fix this?
Old September 25th, 2011, 18:22   #10
Drake
E-01

Like Green Synergy said, make sure your trigger assembly is assembled correctly.

Was it shooting ok before?
Old September 25th, 2011, 18:24   #11
dougi3000

Mine does the same.
The hammer is getting caught between cylinder and the back of the unit.
See picture.
It is caught on the part indicated by the blue arrow.
It may be caused by the wear on the plastic cylinder indicated in red.
my cylinder is warn down quite a bit, so it makes an indent where the hammer gets caught.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG141.jpg (234.6 KB, 18 views)
dougi3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 18:47   #12
HKGhost

If the hammer is causing the slide to get stuck in the back stroke, it's your sear that is worn. The sear isn't engaging the hammer properly so the hammer doesn't go back as far as it should. Replace the sear and see what happens.

Custom Build | Upgrades | Repairs | Maintenance
HKGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2011, 21:40   #13
iKliiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Like Green Synergy said, make sure your trigger assembly is assembled correctly.

Was it shooting ok before?
It was shooting fine before. I'm pretty sure I assembled it properly. I followed this guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKGhost View Post
If the hammer is causing the slide to get stuck in the back stroke, it's your sear that is worn. The sear isn't engaging the hammer properly so the hammer doesn't go back as far as it should. Replace the sear and see what happens.
Any way I can repair the sear with some JB Weld? I don't really want to replace something that I'm not certain that is causing the problem
Old September 26th, 2011, 13:20   #14
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

My sear wasn't damaged. I just had assembled it incorrectly. When it was redone properly, my Hi-Capa went back to perfect functioning... compared to my Glock, it's a finicky pistol to put back together.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2011, 17:52   #15
iKliiu

A little update: whenever I put the mag in, the slide lock occurs, even when I am just releasing the slide. Without the mag, the gun releases all the way to where it should be. Is this still a sear problem?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner