Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Wingun Revolver CO2 question.

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 8th, 2012, 11:44   #1
Nikodemus
a.k.a. DeathBot

Wingun Revolver CO2 question.

I recently purchased one of the Skeleton Sidearms rebranded Wingun revolvers. I just finished the Chupa Chups mod for my shells and am working on doing the washer mod. But before I fire it up I had a question I have been unable to find an answer on.

You get an incredible number of shots from a single CO2 capsule, more than I am likely to fire it in one go. Can you leave a CO2 cartridge in the revolver when not in use, or will it blow the seals eventually? If you cant leave it in there how do you get it out? I am not fond of the idea of unscrewing a half full CO2 capsule under pressure.

Thanks.
Nikodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 11:48   #2
Jimski

If it's possible you could start unscrewing slowly and when you hear pchhh stop unscrewing and let it empty itself.
Old February 8th, 2012, 13:13   #3
Drake
E-01

Do not leave it in for extended periods (i.e., days+) and like Jimski said just unscrew it: the screw is still there so the cartridge isn't going anywhere.

A slow leak is going to keep cold gas/liquid flowing longer; I would recommend unscrewing it quickly so that gas does vent: the cartridge (and co2 it contains) will cool down within seconds and freeze itself solid when venting. Then just chuck it and it'll evaporate itself slowly in your garbage can (you may want to wear gloves or something when handling the frozen cartridge)
Old February 8th, 2012, 13:25   #4
MrBond
formerly tattoodan

@Drake
Wouldn't the gas vent directly on the seal still and possibly damage it?

Team Mandrills
MrBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 13:32   #5
Grudge
multitech

I've left CO2 cartridges in my pistol over the whole winter and had no issues with it inthe two years I've had it.
Old February 8th, 2012, 13:42   #6
MrBond
formerly tattoodan

The way I see it is, wich is the worst: having pressure on part of the seal over a long period or venting cold gas on it (possibly freezing it) for a short time?

Honestly leaving it in might not be ideal but so far, it didn't cause any issues in my Wingun revolver or my KWC .177 pellet pistol.

It would be cool to get some long term results from someone who might've tested it in the past...

Team Mandrills
Old February 8th, 2012, 15:24   #7
Amos

Shoot until it's dry!
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 18:11   #8
Adamlxlx

^Best way
Adamlxlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2012, 18:18   #9
Jakkal

Are you going to be doing a review of the pistol? I have a few friends who were wondering about the quality of those revolvers.
Jakkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2012, 12:59   #10
MrBond
formerly tattoodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Shoot until it's dry!
It is indeed the best way but like the OP said, the problem with that is, in the case of the Wingun revolver, let's say you shot 20 times with it (quite resonable for a sidearm six-shooter in a game) well you still have enough gas for another 100 shots! Shooting a double-action revolver a hundred times to empty the CO2 is quite a pain in the ass... and it puts quite a bit of wear on the mechanism doing this every time.

Team Mandrills
Old February 13th, 2012, 18:01   #11
Nikodemus
a.k.a. DeathBot

Thanks for all the replies. Probably just going to leave it in the revolver. It didnt seem to hurt my pellet guns any.
Old February 13th, 2012, 22:14   #12
Nikodemus
a.k.a. DeathBot

I got a couple of people asking about the mods one can do on these revolvers to bring down the fps to something a bit more gameable. So here is a couple of things I found searching the web.

Both of these mods I found on a France airsoft forum. Didnt find them on any english language ones for some reason.

The Chupa Chups mod is very easy, but it needs to be a Chupa Chup lollipop. Basically you stick the Chupa Chup stick (which is hollow) in the end of the shell the gas goes through. It will only go in a few millimeters because the hole tapers smaller as it goes to the front. Then take an exacto knife and cut off the stick flush with the back of the shell. What this does is decrease the size of the hole so less gas can go through.

I havent tried the washer mod yet, but basically what you need to do is find/create a washer that will fit over the button the hammer hits to release the gas. This button is behind a little metal spring, so the washer has to fit behind the spring and around the button. What this does is shorten the length the button can be depressed and in turn limits the amount of gas released.

Like I say I have not tried the washer mod yet, and I dont have a chrono to see how much of a difference the Chupa Chup mod makes, but shooting through cardboard boxes it does seem as though it is shooting weaker.

Hope that helps you out.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion