:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old February 5th, 2013, 14:38   #16
M.Garcia
M.Garcia
M.Garcia
M.Garcia

Love the reference.

Any guides created that can reference someone on where/how to get the parts to transform our M4s into C8s? Such items that are listed in this reference?
M.Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 14:45   #17
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Garcia View Post
Love the reference.

Any guides created that can reference someone on where/how to get the parts to transform our M4s into C8s? Such items that are listed in this reference?
If GBBR I can write out one fairly quickly. If AEG... might take me longer.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 14:49   #18
M.Garcia
M.Garcia
M.Garcia
M.Garcia

Maybe if we can have a guide for ASC for both GBBR and AEG that would be greatly appreciated by the community.

I personally am running an AEG. King Arms 2012 Colt M4A1 Full Metal.
M.Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:06   #19
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Apparently I was wrongish on the forge codes... From ARFCOM...

Quote:
A D K marked upper is not Diemaco. The first C8 uppers had C H marked uppers followed by C H with the stylized "D" just under the rear sight. Then finally just the stylized "D". C8 don't have M4 feed ramps. The Dutch contract ones do. The SFW barrels have M4 feed ramps, but are run with standard weaver flat top uppers.

Last edited by MaybeStopCalling; February 7th, 2013 at 02:04..
Old February 7th, 2013, 15:10   #20
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Got my blank lower, awaiting some extra money to get it engraved/marked. Any particular recommendations on who to send it to for the work?
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 15:26   #21
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
Got my blank lower, awaiting some extra money to get it engraved/marked. Any particular recommendations on who to send it to for the work?
http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=143781

Couple of notes...

1. If you do get it stripped and recoated, make sure the powder coat is thin... I had to ream out a couple of holes to get components to fit back in. That powder coat is ridiculously strong though.
2. All you need is your intended serial number and the model of the rifle... (Is yours a A3 or a FTHB? I can't remember anymore.)
Old February 26th, 2013, 08:06   #22
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Interesting summary of the C7/C8s... missing some information but a good start.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/arti...t-white-north/

Quote:
Canadian involvement with the Colt M16 series of rifles began as a result of that country’s Small Arms Replacement Program (SARP), which sought to supplant the FN-FAL-based C1A1 rifles chambered in 7.62x51 mm NATO that had been in use by Canadian troops from 1955 to 1983. The winner of the program for the new Canadian battle rifle was the Colt...
Old February 26th, 2013, 08:12   #23
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Just an FYI @ my unit we have a TON of "USGI" magazines of american manufacture, marked "NOT FOR EXPORT".
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 08:19   #24
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Also a note on "aftermarket kit"; as skleletor said aftermarket stocks, vertgrip etc are pretty common, it's all up to your chain of command.

That being said...funny story....

Our Unit just had our annual weapons technical inspection... someone from the base support organization where the weapons techs work comes in to check that our weapons are servicable etc...

Well, this time they sent a civilian contractor in to check our weapons, and when he saw the number of rifles with aftermarket vertgrips, rails, buttstocks and rail accessories etc he flipped his lid, declaring these to be "illegal weapons modifications" and snapped pictures of all the offending items....

I was hauled into my sergeant major's office and chewed out over my VLTOR buttstock, others are in it for vert grips which are non issue mostly... I'm away from work this week but last I heard all the weapons are being "quarantined" to be assessed for "safety issues" ......

Do I have any worries over this ? Not at all, obviously a newbie civilian contractor who doesn't have a clue, but unfortunately he is the authority in Kingston for some reason on these matters and the process has to run it's course.

So yes while we use after market accessories on our personal weapons, sometimes you run into that one special person who "didn't get the memo" as it were....
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2013, 01:48   #25
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

So what was the outcome of that investigation?
Old April 27th, 2013, 04:53   #26
Creoden

great collection of information, but I have a couple questions.

-What markings are on the upper of the Diemaco C8s?

-Does anyone have any photos or info on Colt Canada Trades on current rifles, including any trades on the upper?

Does anyone know the letter designation for the C8 CQB? I would like to make one with proper trades, but assume I would have to go with colt canada markings as it came after diemaco I believe.
Creoden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2013, 05:14   #27
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creoden View Post
great collection of information, but I have a couple questions.

-What markings are on the upper of the Diemaco C8s?

-Does anyone have any photos or info on Colt Canada Trades on current rifles, including any trades on the upper?

Does anyone know the letter designation for the C8 CQB? I would like to make one with proper trades, but assume I would have to go with colt canada markings as it came after diemaco I believe.
- The IURs have Colt Canada and a number marked on the left side, but for your standard AR-15 type upper I'm not entirely sure if there is anything besides forge marks. A sample marking on a IUR would be "COLT CANADA 20048"

- Which rifle are you looking at? Canadian Military? Foreign Military? Law Enforcement?

- I'm not sure on this one, but I think Skeletor or any of the other more informed CF guys might be able to chime in. AFAIK, the CQBs are built off of CF issue C8 lowers, and are essentially conversions done by upper swap. Don't quote me on that though.
Old April 27th, 2013, 05:21   #28
Creoden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Synergy View Post
- The IURs have Colt Canada and a number marked on the left side, but for your standard AR-15 type upper I'm not entirely sure if there is anything besides forge marks. A sample marking on a IUR would be "COLT CANADA 20048"

- Which rifle are you looking at? Canadian Military? Foreign Military? Law Enforcement?

- I'm not sure on this one, but I think Skeletor or any of the other more informed CF guys might be able to chime in. AFAIK, the CQBs are built off of CF issue C8 lowers, and are essentially conversions done by upper swap. Don't quote me on that though.

I'm currently in the process of building a Canadian Military C8 A3 (or FTHB haven't decided) and a C8 CQB using WE M4s. I got to play with a C8 A3 wth Colt Canada markings recently, but couldn't take pictures, and didn't even think about looking at the upper...

Just found this for a C7 Lower with Colt Canada Trades on ar15.com
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6067/...4ba90bd6_b.jpg
Old April 27th, 2013, 15:15   #29
Creoden

@Skeletor, Thanks for the info!

Just looking on Colt Canadas site and they still have everything labeled as diemaco on all their weapon photos.

one last question, for the C8 A3, the one I was looking at, the C8 A3 was centered, but for some reason I have it in my mind there was a space between them... for people who have seen the C8 A3 is it...

C8A3 OR C8_A3 (with _ being a space)

Thanks!
Old April 27th, 2013, 15:17   #30
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creoden View Post
@Skeletor, Thanks for the info!

one last question, for the C8 A3, the one I was looking at, the C8 A3 was centered, but for some reason I have it in my mind there was a space between them... for people who have seen the C8 A3 is it...

C8A3 OR C8_A3 (with _ being a space)

Thanks!
It can vary from what I've seen of the markings on most rifles and carbines.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications