Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

[WE] G39C - H&K G36C for normal people

:

Reviews

Old September 14th, 2011, 23:29   #106
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocko View Post
Does anyone know if the charging handle from an AEG would work?
ARES one will work with some mod, however the lack of perfect fit tells me it will destroy it self faster than WE plastic one.
Old September 14th, 2011, 23:54   #107
Stocko

mmm

I'm gonna need a new charging handle...

Is there anywhere else besides UNCompany that stocks the Nebula charging handles? Its out of stock on the UN website.

Also is there a place I can get a selector switch also? preferably from the same place to save shipping.

Thanks!
Stocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 11:04   #108
Basic-Wedge

Quote:
Is there anywhere else besides UNCompany that stocks the Nebula charging handles? Its out of stock on the UN website.

Also is there a place I can get a selector switch also? preferably from the same place to save shipping.
I bought my NeBula charging handle from Tokyo Model Company in Hong Kong http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk

As far as I know, they don't sell replacement parts for WE. For that, I suggest Airsoft Buddy http://www.airsoftbuddy.com

Basic-Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 13:06   #109
Stocko

Ah ok, I was hoping to get them both together to save on the ridiculous shipping prices...

To be honest I don't really care about the charging handle. Kinda cool just to rack it straight back. But that's just me.

Thanks though
Old September 15th, 2011, 13:22   #110
Basic-Wedge

IIRC, Tokyo Model only charged me $4 for shipping the handle. It arrived in a small bubble packed envelope, which was more than adequate.

Old September 15th, 2011, 13:34   #111
Stocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic-Wedge View Post
IIRC, Tokyo Model only charged me $4 for shipping the handle. It arrived in a small bubble packed envelope, which was more than adequate.
That's not so bad.. Airsoftbuddy wanted $24 to ship a selector switch... Unless I read it wrong lol.

But if you don't mind me asking how long was shipping?
Old September 15th, 2011, 14:48   #112
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

Enjoy
http://www.boomarms.com/shop/item.cf.../curr_code/USD

You might as well pick up the HK sticker while you are at it.

http://www.boomarms.com/shop/showroom.cfm

The shipping from them isnt great but you arnt paying through the ass for a part you need.
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2011, 15:10   #113
Basic-Wedge

Quote:
But if you don't mind me asking how long was shipping?
Probably because it was only an envelope, shipping was just 8 or 9 days.

Old September 18th, 2011, 02:13   #114
12andy

Basic: Were you able to tame your velocities, by any chance?
12andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2011, 11:56   #115
Basic-Wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12andy View Post
Basic: Were you able to tame your velocities, by any chance?
Yes, velocity is under control, and the overhop has also been tamed.

The issue of the velocity being too high was easily resolved once I realized my G39 was one of the "Canada only" models, meaning it had been modified at the factory to shoot over 470 fps, in order to meet Canadian importation standards.

I tamed the velocity by fully closing the NPAS valve and by dropping in a small rubber O-ring between the valve and the two prongs on the back half of the bolt (looking at a disassembled bolt, that'll make clearer sense).

It's easy to know what size of O-ring to use - it's the same size as WE uses in the BB loaders they ship with their guns.

My G39 now fires .28s at about 280 fps, comfortably under local field limits. Since the rifle has all the range I need, and good accuracy. I'm leaving it set where it currently is. If I feel need for more velocity, I'll simply open the NPAS valve half a turn.

The overhop was solved by installing a Shredder nub and an RA-Tech bucking.

The latest issue I'm tackling is using my G39 without pre-adding lubricant to the propane. I've found the Airsoft Innovations lube I've been using is just making a royal mess inside the weapon, and I'm not convinced additional lube is even Beneficial. As long as proper gun lube is added where needed, I don't feel the propane needs to be doctored. I'll let you know how testing goes...

This is what I'm using now:

"The Ultimate Synthetic Grease That Slicks Up & Protects A Lot More Than Just Triggers; Smooth, Friction-Free Operation For All Types Of Firearms

If you have a firearm that "works", then you need Action Lube Plus. Not a petroleum-based grease, but a synthetic-based, semi-solid lubricant developed and used by military special forces to protect expensive, hi-tech firearms and equipment in all temperatures and all environments; from the deserts of Kuwait to the Bering Strait. Actually exceeds the mil spec of standard, molybdenum disulfide grease. Action Lube Plus lubricates and inhibits corrosion and galling from salt water, powder residue, sweat and moisture on all types of metal, including stainless steel, titanium and aluminum. Action Lube Plus is very concentrated; only a small amount applied to the face of sears and triggers will dramatically decrease pull weight as well as smooth actual trigger feel. On high friction points like bolt raceways and lever mechanisms, just a dab of Action Lube Plus completely eliminates wear and helps assure reliable functioning. A very light coating on the outside of your guns will keep fingerprints neutralized and protect expensive bluing from rust and moisture damage that can occur during storage."

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1...LUBE_PLUS_reg_

Last edited by Basic-Wedge; September 18th, 2011 at 12:03..
Old September 18th, 2011, 16:16   #116
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic-Wedge View Post
I tamed the velocity by fully closing the NPAS valve and by dropping in a small rubber O-ring between the valve and the two prongs on the back half of the bolt (looking at a disassembled bolt, that'll make clearer sense).
Can you provide picture of that?
Old September 19th, 2011, 12:08   #117
12andy

Basic: Thanks for the update. Gives me hope that my E is actually usable outside of sniper roles.

I haven't chrono'd mine yet, but I'm more than certain that it'll be shooting very hot as well. Aside from the longer (understatement?) barrel, the box had a red stamp on it, indicating 420 fps.

As this is my first foray into airsoft (thus, first gun), your posts have been most helpful. Appreciated.
Old September 19th, 2011, 14:14   #118
Basic-Wedge

I'm glad relating my experiences with this rifle has been helpful to some folks.

The G39 is my first gas gun, so there was a fairly steep learning curve. Gas guns are so much more like real steel, and have little in common with AEGs.

12andy, you might be surprised when you actually do chrono your rifle. Because of the louder report, and the sharpness of the action's movement, they seem more powerful than they really are. I know there are a couple of players locally who are terrified of GBBRs, and are always claiming they're dangerous and shooting too hot - even when they're proved to be 25% below field limits.

Old September 19th, 2011, 16:02   #119
12andy

The mere fact that GBB guns somewhat resemble their RS counterparts was what made me take the plunge, ultimately. The multitude of well-done (note: still baffled by the bad quality videos people dare putting out, still) Youtube clips were intoxicating, as well. My how the wallet's hurting, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Lol, I could imagine those sentiments. I can safely say that, based on my quick indoor (read: basement [ventilated!]) testing, the G39 is about 75%-80% the loudness of my 8" barreled Tippmann A5 marker; while the A5 was loud enough to cause ringing in my right ear after every shouldered shot, the G39 isn't too shabby for what it is.

Been sifting through airsoftparts.ca - is this the RA-tech bucking you were referring to? http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...oducts_id=2048

In addition, the mags are a royal pain to load. The two "U" tabs are literally shredding my BBs upon loading. Granted it was a free bag, given to me from the store I got my gear from, so I'm curious if that may be the case. Very tempted to file off that section just a tad to speed up break-in, but I know I shouldn't for fear of removing too much material.

Last edited by 12andy; September 19th, 2011 at 16:46..
Old September 23rd, 2011, 00:35   #120
Basic-Wedge

Yup. That's the bucking I use. It's a lot stiffer than the OEM part.

I know the mags are a royal pain to load, but you certainly shouldn't go after the feed lips with any files. I can foresee a fine line between "broken in" and just plain broken.

To your observations about crappy YouTube videos, I'll add a question: how can so many 12 year old kids possess the combination of crappy video cameras and expensive airsoft rifles? Seriously, if I see one more pop can being shredded by an uberexpensive GBBR, I'm going to puke!

Last edited by Basic-Wedge; September 23rd, 2011 at 00:43..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews