Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Swiss Arms - KWC Sig P2022 CO2 Softair

:

Reviews

Old January 4th, 2008, 22:25   #1
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Swiss Arms - KWC Sig P2022 CO2 Softair

Ok before anyone comes down on me for reviewing a "softair" gun please just read the review first before flaming.

I picked this gun up at the local hardware store because it was a cheap looking sidearm and I was really bored.

Pros: Cheap sidearm with good firepower
Cons: Crap safety, clear, NBB

Looks:
When I first seen it I thought it was just another springer until I noticed the FPS on the box read 380fps with .20 BB's. The package read Co2 and I knew from Kamloops playing fields that you can command serious power and respect with a CO2 sidearm. Sadly the gun is clear with the tip of the barrel orange but depending on low term dependability tests, it might be painted black in the future.

The ejection port on the slide is black which makes it stand out against the clear slide and has a serial number 206005GN and under that reads 6mm. On the slide is a simple warning about safe use and below that reads Read Manual and KWC. The otherside reads Sig Sauer SP2022 and a Made in Taiwan below that.

The gun also has a built in rail as well for mounting a small taclight or laser.

Feel:
When I took the gun out of the package it was light until I put the mag into the gun though then the full weight comes to bear. The gun weighs 710g so not too bad. The grip although plastic, almost has a rubbery feel to the outside and the entire gun fits nicely into my hands.

The slide does seem to be a little off on the front end but since its NBB it doesnt effect shooting at all.

The entire gun does has that cheap plastic feel though comapred to name brand airsoft sidearms.

Package:
The gun and such were packaged in plastic like a toy which really sucks but oh well. The package includes the gun, one mag, cheap .2 BBs, and a hex wrench for the bottow of the mag where the CO2 canister goes into.

Firing:
The trigger is a nice strong pull and the gun simple fires. The first time I fired it I wasn't sure it was working properly because it is just the quiet. I don't have a chrono to test the 380fps mark but it was doing damage to random things around the room and when a team mate offered to be a live dummy and take a round to the back through a workshirt and jacket... well it developed a welt the size of a dime in diameter, about a quarter inch high, and a red mark around all that about 2 inches in diamter... sorta looks like a nipple lol.

As fast as you pull the trigger the rounds are fired. Another sad part is the mag only holds 14 rounds and spare mags are not available as of yet.

Overall:
Without long term testing I have no idea how long the gun will last. I paid $69.99 for it plus the cost of CO2 cartridges.

So if you need a cheap sidearm with some serious firepower then this is worth it or if you want something to plink this is really well worth it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cybergun_sigsauer_28545.jpg (67.0 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by Drache; January 4th, 2008 at 22:38..
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 22:47   #2
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
You should probably get this moved to the review section, yes?

Interesting nonetheless.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 22:48   #3
SuperCkicken

yea but if he did that peoplewould just constantly remind him that this is an airsoft forum and clearsoft does not belong, of which would end up with this ni the trash
Old January 4th, 2008, 23:05   #4
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
You should probably get this moved to the review section, yes?

Interesting nonetheless.
It was in the review section and it was moved here! :banghead:

If they allowed my review of the Kraken (WHICH IS CLEARSOFT) then why isn't this allowed? Both this AND the Kraken are available in clear and solid colours.... In fact there are now TWO reviews of the Kraken!

Personally I think this is a load of BS....

Last edited by Drache; January 4th, 2008 at 23:07..
Old January 4th, 2008, 23:09   #5
Styrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache View Post
It was in the review section and it was moved here! :banghead:
Haha, that's hilarious.

Old January 4th, 2008, 23:12   #6
Amos

Isn't this one of the airsoft guns made by the same people who make the REAL sig sauer guns?
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 23:15   #7
Drache

Ok Ive got a list of reviews in the review section of "clearsoft" which are still there, the top of the list is my Kraken review with over 12,000 views and 15 pages.

As for Amos' comment, yes it is....
Old January 4th, 2008, 23:24   #8
Styrak

Lol. Back in the review section! Hahaha.

Old January 4th, 2008, 23:31   #9
Drache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Lol. Back in the review section! Hahaha.
HURRAY!
Old February 10th, 2008, 07:39   #10
Bontic

Hey dude.... where did you buy that gun? I've been looking everywhere for it. I live in BC too.
Bontic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2008, 20:24   #11
Syn

Hows the accuracy say at 20 feet? I'm tempted to get one for some IPSC cheapness. Only thing is lack of mags!! Also it runs a bit hot.

Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2008, 20:41   #12
ancorp
AK Guru

You might also want to consider the fact that it's a double action trigger, so it'd be like firing a revolver.

IMO a short single action semi automatic (thus blowback) is what you'd want for IPSC.
Old April 19th, 2008, 20:45   #13
Syn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancorp View Post
You might also want to consider the fact that it's a double action trigger, so it'd be like firing a revolver.

IMO a short single action semi automatic (thus blowback) is what you'd want for IPSC.
thanks for that, good point. I was tempted to start a what would be a great IPSC airsoft pistol. Time for much more research before I do that.

Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 06:30   #14
Bontic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn View Post
Hows the accuracy say at 20 feet? I'm tempted to get one for some IPSC cheapness. Only thing is lack of mags!! Also it runs a bit hot.

It's amazingly accurate at 20 feet - you can hit a dime. However, the hopup gets inconsistent beyond around 35 feet. Just so you know, it has the same internals as the Taurus PT 24/7 made by the same manufacturer, so if you prefer it in Taurus form it's the same. The manufacturer is actually KWC, and it has been rebranded by Swiss Arms/Cybergun.

If you want a very accurate spring target pistol for cheap cheap, the same manufacturer has a P226 model for sale at Walmarts. I sit at measured 25 feet away and plink at quarters and dimes I have stood up with sticky tack.

I prefer the trigger pull and sights on the P226. Short and sensitive release, and the front sight fills the gap in the rear sights perfectly, and the sights are not too tall. On the Taurus, the sights are just a bit tall for my liking and the front sight is too narrow; you can see a chink of a gap either side of it inside the rear sights. I expect the sigg SP2022 model will have the same sights as the P226. Makes me wish I had gone with the Sig. The Taurus has a nice ribbed rubber pistol grip.

The pull on the Taurus (or SP2022) is double action as ancorp pointed out. The mechanism has to slide the bb into the chamber, and wind the hammer back to strike the valve on the mag. This does make it harder to hold the gun steady during the pull, so for very high accuracy it presents more of a challenge.

It gets literally 250 bbs on a single gas cartridge, though the power diminishes throughout. It runs over 300 fps till the last mag or two, so it's not a major issue. Actually, it only runs really hot for the first two mags or so before settling down. It gets lower than 350 for most of the gas charge, so if you need it to be less hot just dry fire a few shots of gas out first. Each gas cartridge goes for $0.75 at CT if you buy the 40 pack. Mag has had two small temporary leaks that seemed to fix themselves. So far around 2000 bbs, eight gas cartridges, no other issues.

Any information you need, you can search for reviews on KWC models in black plastic; they are the same internally.

By the way, what does IPSC stand for?
and, why do GBBs not have this double action on the trigger?

Last edited by Bontic; April 29th, 2008 at 03:32.. Reason: KWC... KJW... all these darn Taiwanese acronyms sound the same.
Bontic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 18:05   #15
Erennert
A minor, using dad's ID

I bought this gun gun from a friend and I was surprised! It's really powerful for the price, and its accuracy is good as well. Just a quick paint job would fix the clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
I'm a sniper.

Because I'm fat and can't run fast.
Erennert is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews