Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Best aeg with blow back

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old August 4th, 2014, 03:13   #1
Integra-r

Best aeg with blow back

Hiii next to Daytona and Pstars what is the best aeg with blow back? I'm not a fan of the dg and Pstars wire and stuff, is the rm4 the best aeg with bb?
Integra-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 05:01   #2
beta678
ASC's navel of the year!

Send a message via MSN to beta678
Daytona runs on HPA, would classify it as a GBBR, as you pretty much just cannibalize the AEG for the body. P* to my knowledge doesn't have any real recoil compared to GBBRs, bit of a weird gas/electric hybird? Never tried one out so someone with a P* can probably fill you in.

Anyways, I'm not sure if you're looking for something with recoil or the dinky fake bolt blow back covers (seems like most people use blow back and recoil interchangeably), but if you're looking for something with recoil, there's a couple out on the market. If you're looking for an AEG with the blow back covers, then tons out there, just need to google it.

Bolt, KWA, Tokyo Marui all have something with recoil but I think the Bolt recoil AEG's kick the hardest, followed by KWA's RM4 ERG, and I'm not too sure about the rest. There's Tokyo Marui's Recoil shock system (Scar, AK, etc), which probably performs the best out of box being a TM and all, but recoil is reportedly weaker than the KWA and Bolt. I think G&P is also releasing a M4 with a recoil system soon but haven't really followed it.

Probably missed one or two other options but those are the better known and more popular AEG's with a recoil system.
Old August 4th, 2014, 08:19   #3
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

I've heard good things abou the Bolt m4
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 08:33   #4
Forever_kaos

Correct - P*'s have 0 kick.
The battery is there to power the solenoid, that is it. The HPA propels the BB.
If you pull the trigger REALLY hard, you will get "kick". But you could do that with any AEG.

Why not go with a WE/KJW/etc... M4/G36/what-have you? A true blow back rifle with recoil.
They're great, if they made some German WW2 variants, I'd be all over them.

Last edited by Forever_kaos; August 4th, 2014 at 08:36..
Forever_kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 08:35   #5
Hughes
BurningBeard

Daytona guns make use of both types of bodies, but only quality brands are recommended.
Polarstars have zero recoil. The only time they do is when I convince people my daytona gun is a polarstar with the recoil kit

I have heard nothing but good things about the Bolt M4 and they are beautiful externally.
Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 09:01   #6
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

aeg blowback isn't really blowback.. it's bolt movement.
Old August 4th, 2014, 09:14   #7
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Lugnuts View Post
The BOLT M4, IMHO is absolute garbage as far as the blow back unit is involved. Externally it's actually quite a nice rifle, worth the month just for that actually. The problem is that BOLT went with a mechanical blowback design involving an arm reaching through a cutout in the mechbox which is pushed back by the piston. Over time (not that long actually) the arm wears away at the piston and eventually the piston snaps in two.

@OP: If you are looking for blowback, go GBBR; stay away from electric blowback designs period they just are not worth it. Even G&G (which uses an excellent pneumatic blowback design) are getting a "do not buy" recommendation from me these days due to the inferior alloys they are using in their mech boxs, horrible QC at the factory etc.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 09:35   #8
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

KWA ERG series - best balance between realism (recoil + bolt lock-back on last round) and backwards compatibility with most other Version 2 parts.

User reports are quite favourable in terms of long-term durability as well.

Also - licensed receivers.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 10:11   #9
Wrath144
formerly steyr

I have a bolt, a team mate has two rm4s and used to have a bolt and is trying to trade to get his bolt back (he's still keeping both rm4s). They're both sweet and I haven't had any internal problems with mine at all even in winter. I think you can't go wrong with either, but the Rm4 has nicer externals and some better features.
Kokanee: have you actually seen a bolt piston break? Or are you basing your info on the tremors system?

Last edited by Wrath144; August 4th, 2014 at 10:13..
Wrath144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 11:12   #10
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath144 View Post
Kokanee: have you actually seen a bolt piston break? Or are you basing your info on the tremors system?
Basing my observations on being staff at an airsoft shop were they were carried for a period of time; the return rate for servicing (snapped pistons) are extremely high, I would wager 30-40%. I have personally seen many Bolt pistons snapped, with extreme wear on the rear of the piston. This store no longer carries the Bolt line.

As well the mechanical blowback system places more resistance into the system and results in lower battery longevity as more power is required just to crank the mechbox.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 11:17   #11
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
KWA ERG series - best balance between realism (recoil + bolt lock-back on last round) and backwards compatibility with most other Version 2 parts.

User reports are quite favourable in terms of long-term durability as well.

Also - licensed receivers.
Dis dis dis.

Played around with one a little while back. Very crisp, good trigger response out of the box, and the recoil is comparable to a WE M4.
Old August 4th, 2014, 11:36   #12
Wrath144
formerly steyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post
Basing my observations on being staff at an airsoft shop were they were carried for a period of time; the return rate for servicing (snapped pistons) are extremely high, I would wager 30-40%. I have personally seen many Bolt pistons snapped, with extreme wear on the rear of the piston. This store no longer carries the Bolt line.

As well the mechanical blowback system places more resistance into the system and results in lower battery longevity as more power is required just to crank the mechbox.
Interesting. I'll keep an eye on it. We pretty much exclusively use ours in semi so maybe that's the difference. I'll agree on them being power hungry though, but I got mine down to drawing only 17 amps on full auto at 430 fps with a frankentorque motor. It's slow, but you wouldn't know it by the cycle speed in semi.

Last edited by Wrath144; August 4th, 2014 at 12:07..
Wrath144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2014, 15:21   #13
targetGspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Lugnuts View Post
I have a bolt b4 sop mod and it's fantastic! Great internals, strong recoil, super accurate, highly compatible with mags and parts. Ejection port cover is garbage but that's my only complaint.
Old August 4th, 2014, 15:24   #14
targetGspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee View Post

My bolt has a metal piston, can't see it snapping, perhaps deforming or other internal failure, but she's been solid through numerous games, time will tell I guess.
Old August 4th, 2014, 15:39   #15
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

I owned a TM AK74MN the recoil on that gun was quite sweet. In full auto it made a very nice crisp sound and a decent amount of recoil. If you go the TM route, be aware that upgrade parts while available, are rather limited in brand variety.

But for their cost, they may not be a viable option.
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion