Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tippmann M4 (Mini Review)

:

Reviews

Old March 3rd, 2015, 23:59   #1
Caelan

Tippmann M4 (Mini Review)

Here's a Mini review on the new Tippmann M4 Airsoft AR

Ok guys I have literally tested this gun inside and out. Ill list the pros and cons.

The 12 g co2 /80- round mags aren't worth their weight in gold. You'll get mabye 50 good shots and the other 20-30 tail off in power quite a bit.... In my opinion, not worth wasting the ammo and money on co2 cartridges. This might change due to temperature but I highly doubt it will make that much of a difference.

Now when u do make the change over to hpa.....and you should do it asap..... this is where the Tippmann goes to a whole other level. Crisp & clean recoil , consistent fps with no cool down. What more can u ask for. I've been running myn on a 48/4500 tank with an Empire coil line only because guys have been having rof problems with microbore lines. So I stuck with a traditional coil line.

The Tippmann is a very finicky beast.....please read the manual before you touch the gun  You need to take about an hour to tune the rof and fps just perfectly. There is actually a sweet spot  Nice small turns 1/8-1/16 inch turns with the hexagon key will get you to your sweet spot. I have myn sitting at a constant 400 fps at 18 rps.

Now one of the only downfalls of this gun is the hop up and nub design. The hop up is proprietary which is ok because it's machined right into the gun which makes it a great unit, solid and consistent. Where the design fails is the proprietary nub and adjusting screw that doesn't adjust properly or sit tight against the bucking when shooting. You'll get flyer's to the left and right. Thank goodness some young fellow in the US found that a 7/11 drinking straw mod fixes this problem temporarily. There are also a few guys trying to fix this problem with a 3d printer solution soon to be released.

Its a great gun to add after market parts too and change things up to make it your own custom build m4. The only thing I have found that isn't compatible yet are hand grips and outer barrels. But I'm sure someone will figure that out soon too. I know Tippmann all ready has different outer barrel lengths you can order. 

Performance- I went the cheaper route with my Tippmann on the inside  Madbull 6.03 Python II tbb but added a brand new G&G bucking as I believe the G&G bucking is the best stock bucking you can get for our climate. I'm hitting man sized torso hits at 200 feet with .30's at 400 fps. To say that an Orga WB works better.....mabye it does, never used one. But guys are saying they are getting 80 meters with the Orga which is around the 260' mark which is nice range point to be at for an m4 base platform.

I myself have my gun set at 18 rps which is quite high for the Tippmann. Most people have trouble achieving/ tuning their gun to this high of an rof. Again take your time tuning and getting to know your gun.

All in all the Tippmann is a ridiculously addictive gun to play with. The recoil and just sheer loudness of the gun makes me never want to pick up an aeg every again. Don't get me wrong the Tippmann has its kinks and quarks but it's a super fun solid platform for anybody in airsoft wanting to go to that next level. And don't forget when you own a Tippmann your getting the best service and customer support and warranty available for airsoft.

I'll leave a couple picks of my Tippmann I've fully modded externally  Enjoy

Cheers Caelan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-03-02 23.40.06.jpg (1.65 MB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg 2015-03-02 23.41.23.jpg (1.53 MB, 82 views)

Last edited by Caelan; March 4th, 2015 at 00:12..
Caelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 11:57   #2
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

Do you have a link to the drinking straw mod?
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2015, 22:10   #3
Caelan

Got the diagram from the good fellow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1425524908574.jpg (43.0 KB, 131 views)
Caelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2015, 08:22   #4
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

ahhh thanks
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2015, 11:48   #5
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
The CO2 mags are getting 50 or so shots it would seem they would be fine for realcap loadouts.

How drastic was the cooling effect around the 30 mark?
Old March 5th, 2015, 11:57   #6
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Tippmann is crazy loud. I used it at Mach1, and it was crazy loud, couldn't shoot randomly to give my position away, so had to make each shot count when hiding in the darker areas.

Co2 mags with the cartridge aren't as consistent as a HPA setup, because when the Co2 starts getting empty, you notice your guns becomes sluggish. You also can't eject the mag since it is punctured and attached to the internal system, once you eject the magazine, that cartridge is done, and requires a new one.

There warranty is great, you can call in and they will ship you replacement parts, easy peasey, no fees.

Gun needs a proper tune to get it going well, but I used it on semi only, so regardless it work quite well for me.

Here's how mine looked during my ownership.

http://airsoftcanada.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1278

Sold it off for a GHK M4, and never looked back, reason why I sold it - wasn't a fan of having a tank strapped to my back again, been there done that, tried it. Tippmann is a great start for a Daytona gun style platform. Didn't like the proprietary crap, no removable trigger guard, etc.

Also refilling HPA was a nuisance to go out and do it

Last edited by BioRage; March 5th, 2015 at 12:02..
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2015, 12:18   #7
brock0

Pretty underwhelming product after all the hype IMO.
brock0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2015, 12:38   #8
Blackthorne
A Total Bastard

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackthorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post

Co2 mags with the cartridge aren't as consistent as a HPA setup, because when the Co2 starts getting empty, you notice your guns becomes sluggish.

I get that, but at what round count does it get sluggish.

My point is if I can get 30 rounds of it with consistency, that meets my requirement.
Old March 5th, 2015, 12:52   #9
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
I get that, but at what round count does it get sluggish.

My point is if I can get 30 rounds of it with consistency, that meets my requirement.
You can get 30.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2015, 13:00   #10
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

you can all fondle the Tippmann products at TAC15 .. they will be there
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2015, 15:00   #11
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Tippmann is crazy loud. I used it at Mach1, and it was crazy loud, couldn't shoot randomly to give my position away, so had to make each shot count when hiding in the darker areas.
Airsoft players are funny. While RS owners want less kick and less noise, airsoft players want the opposite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsWLB0cGoe4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHr1AN0RKYY
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2015, 15:43   #12
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Airsoft players, or most of them want realism. I'd never sacrifice range, accuracy, consistency, functionality or versatility for a little realism though. A buddy out here uses Polar Stars, Wolverines and a Tippman. He says the Tippman is by far his favorite.
Old March 16th, 2015, 08:54   #13
SuperHog

If it doesn't eject empty shells, 95% of the realism is gone. GBB pistols slides work but no empty shells come out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDcoiuYPNUo

Are we talking about realism in looks, sounds, feel or actual function? People pick and choose what they believe is realism.

The RWA pistol is what I call realism in feel and action, but it still does not eject shells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN4ft0JN0p8

Last edited by SuperHog; March 16th, 2015 at 08:59..
Old August 15th, 2015, 13:18   #14
davenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelan View Post
I've been running myn on a 48/4500 tank with an Empire coil line only because guys have been having rof problems with microbore lines. So I stuck with a traditional coil line.

Cheers Caelan

Can you tell me more about rof problems with micro line ? I was about to buy Tippmann's micro remote but now...
davenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2015, 11:10   #15
SuperHog

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenk View Post
Can you tell me more about rof problems with micro line ? I was about to buy Tippmann's micro remote but now...

The micro line a a small bore air hose restricting high air flow that and air is restricted further by the check valve that has tiny tiny pin holes. In high ROF, you will starve the gun and shoot down (velocity drop) will occur.

You are better off with the regular Tippmann coil hose and remove the slide check valve and just use the on/off tank valve to shut off the air to the gun.

Last edited by SuperHog; September 13th, 2015 at 11:15..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews