Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

shotgun info and points of views

:

Newbie Tank

Old May 5th, 2015, 19:44   #1
stewhex

shotgun info and points of views

I was looking at the A&K M870 Full Metal, Real Wood Shotgun. How are they?

Whats the plus and negitive about em. Are the mags easy to gEt?

Are springs easy to aquire to lower vps as well?
stewhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2015, 23:17   #2
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Even if its just for cqb you will be heavily out gunned by the aeg/gbb/gbbr guys. You are best to look into an aeg to start with and then branch out from there. If you plan on cqb only you could go with a gbb pistol or smg, but the mags will cost you quite a bit.
here is a prety good read on some decent shotguns. kind of explains how effective they are for gaming.
If you just want one for pkinking you dont have to worry much. I have w mag fed single barrel and a tri shot, 2 of em are clearsoft. The tribshot has been JB welded back together all of them shoot okay, teardown is a pain, replacement parts are sort of trial and error outta the parts bin and super glue or jb weld lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft

Last edited by Hectic; May 5th, 2015 at 23:23..
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2015, 08:42   #3
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

Hectic- I don't think your link worked. I agree that being heavily outgunned is no fun. I seen a movie once where natives with wooden shields and spears were charging a gatling gun . It's kind of like that
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2015, 08:46   #4
groundraven

Send a message via MSN to groundraven
I own the A&K shotgun. Its a great shotgun lots of power, and the accuracy is amazing on it. Mags are pretty easy to find, under 30 bucks depending on where you go and they hold a good 30+ rounds. The only down falls about this shotgun would be the lack of rounds going down range. Since its a single barrel design its only going to be shooting one round at a time. Also the gun is a tad heavier then other shotguns. The weight is about 8 pounds. I personally am a huge fan of shotguns. I have ton of them and this one is one i like to use in woodland. Your going to get an easy 50 feet range+ on this gun with enough power to punch through the branches. I wouldn't buy any springs to lower the fps unless you are going to be doing cqb and it has to shoot under 350 fps, the thing is tho i never came across any springs for it yet. I hope this helps.

Last edited by groundraven; May 6th, 2015 at 08:53..
groundraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2015, 08:54   #5
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

A shotgun has other advantages... its cheap, its silent, some of them are small and very light. The 3-shots are like firing a short burst from and AEG every shot. If you play against kids with hi-caps, yeah, you might be outgunned, but in more serious games with ammo restriction, a shotgun will do just fine. I've often shot people from rather short ranges with a 3-shots shotgun and they couldn't even tell where it was coming from.

With that said, the A&K is a single shot shotgun. As far as I know its a clone of the Maruzen/G&P. Feedback on them isn't so great, they are not as durable as their G&P counterpart. Also, this shotgun doesn't have sights, yet its shooting over 400 fps, so you have a sniper rifle minimum engagement distance but none of the accuracy. You might be better off getting a cheap plastic 3-shots, or if anyone can get them in country, the new Cyma full metal 3-shots M870 shotguns.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2015, 09:08   #6
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
New Cyma Tri-shot can't be in, contacted the French retailer already. They won't even try to send it via dis-assembled (You can bring in maruis like that )

I would recommend a cheap tri-shot shotgun, better advantaged then single shot imo.
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2015, 09:14   #7
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Here is the linkhttp://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=167420&highlight=shotgun
and yes im not doubting a shotguns ability to be gammed but with minimal upgrade/replacement parts and such abshort range it will be dificult to be effevtive with one. 50-80ft range vs the 150ft+ that most aeg's can reach easily. I mostly use mine as a sidearm in the winter. The single barrel ones have about the same range (the ones i have at least) and are lacking cause in a chest rig u cant even feel em hit you
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old May 6th, 2015, 09:18   #8
BioRage

I got a gameplay video of a tri-shot shotgun with .30 on my youtube channel somewhere, outdoor was a cqb environment.

Naturally you feel more rewarded getting kills, but you arm gets tired from racking that damn spring pump.

You will be out-gunned by aegs with mid caps doe, but all worth it
Old May 6th, 2015, 09:29   #9
Drakker

What? 50-80ft range? With 0.28g+ BBs a tri-shot shoots 130ft+ easily, you can lob them farther if you want. Hell, if you are willing to put a lot of hours in it, you can even R-Hop those 3-shots and they will shoot around 180ft.

Can't wait for the Cymas to get in country, its just a question of time. With a bit of luck the metal will be good enough that the extra body strength will be able to handle stronger springs. It would allow us to bump the FPS from an okayish 270fps (w/0.20g). Getting to around 330fps would increase range a bit and provide some more foliage penetration while still being CQB safe.

Old May 6th, 2015, 10:01   #10
Hectic

Wow i couldnt get that mind of range out of my tri shot, it is just a crossman tho. The single shot ones with adjustable hop up i have seemed to fair beter for range. Gonna see if i can tear it down and mod the hop up and space the spring out a bit lol
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old May 6th, 2015, 10:10   #11
Drakker

I get 130ft with both my old crossman and a newer firepower.

Old May 6th, 2015, 11:23   #12
Hectic

Bone stock Crossman? I found in mine anything over .25's wouldnt hop at all. Perhaps i got a lemon, hop up wise or compression wise lol
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old May 6th, 2015, 12:16   #13
Drakker

Bone stock Crossman. Cleaned the barrels a few times, never bothered to disassemble it to clean the insides and I played in a lot of dirty places (read: paintball fields). After like 3 years, it developed a hairline crack in the receiver, it still works, but then I won a firepower full stock one at a game (thanks garrison airsoft!) and have been using this one since... but had to work on it though, the firepower one failed in its first game after like 3 shots. Opened it, cleaned it, polished the rails, corrected the assembly mistakes, greased it a bit and now its been working like a charm ever since.

Old May 6th, 2015, 14:04   #14
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Shotguns are basically bolt action rifles with almost no high quality parts available for them.

There are some more "true" shotguns, like the APS 870, but any shotgun that uses cluster munition suffers a serious lack of range.
Your best bet is still the marui trishots. Fixed hop can still be adjusted, although it's a lot more of a pain. And it's firing 3/6 BBs at once

Last edited by ThunderCactus; May 6th, 2015 at 14:08..
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2015, 14:07   #15
BioRage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
Shotguns are basically bolt action rifles with almost no high quality parts available for them.
but they are so fun
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank