Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CYMA MP5 Full Auto Issue

:

Doctor's Corner

Old July 28th, 2015, 18:50   #1
HGPHYDRA

CYMA MP5 Full Auto Issue

So a friend of mine recently purchased a CYMA mp5 and after 3 or 4 games it's begun to only fire 3 or 4 times on full auto and then cuts off. No telling sounds after cut off, just silence.

It's due for a dissessembly and a tune up but I am fairly new myself and only worked on my v.6 and v.3 gearboxes.

Can anyone tell me what to watch out for, and what could possibly be causing such an issue? Thanks!
HGPHYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2015, 23:32   #2
freshblake
Trade Dispute in progress - AV removed

How does it work with other batteries?
Old July 29th, 2015, 03:31   #3
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Sounds like a trigger switch/cutoff lever issue.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2015, 21:05   #4
HGPHYDRA

Yeah him and I took it apart. We found the trigger trolley broken. More precisely the bottom plastic plate that allows the spring to pull it back away from the contacts, instead of up against the tappet plate.

Will any version 2 trigger assembly work in a mp5? I've seen shs ones on a few websites.
Old July 29th, 2015, 21:39   #5
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Yep a v2 trigger is a v2 trigger. The difference between various v2 guns is the actual trigger lever itself, the contact assembly and the shuttle (or trolley as you put it, I kinda like that actually lol) are the same across v2 boxes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2015, 13:08   #6
8bitninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGPHYDRA View Post
So a friend of mine recently purchased a CYMA mp5 and after 3 or 4 games it's begun to only fire 3 or 4 times on full auto and then cuts off. No telling sounds after cut off, just silence.

It's due for a dissessembly and a tune up but I am fairly new myself and only worked on my v.6 and v.3 gearboxes.

Can anyone tell me what to watch out for, and what could possibly be causing such an issue? Thanks!

Excuse my noobness, but does playing 3-4 games warrant a "disassembly and a tune up"? Is that a normal maintenance process for this feller?
Old August 17th, 2015, 14:03   #7
Bar1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitninja View Post
Excuse my noobness, but does playing 3-4 games warrant a "disassembly and a tune up"? Is that a normal maintenance process for this feller?
lol.. i disassemble and tune up all my new guns before i even put a battery in them to see if they work.

Guy behind the counter at TA asks me "do you want me to test this gun for you".. i say "why... before this thing shoots a single BB i will cut it open.. re-wire to Deans and tune up the gearbox.."

it all depends on if you like tinkering with this stuff as much as you do playing the game. I personally was teching airsoft guns way before i actually played airsoft.
Bar1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2015, 14:07   #8
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitninja View Post
Full-auto means full auto, NOT BURST. Not working as intended? No warranty?
Manual maintenance time.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2015, 15:12   #9
8bitninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Full-auto means full auto, NOT BURST. Not working as intended? No warranty?
Manual maintenance time.
Yes, I know that. OP mentioned it's due for a maintenance and tune up, not a repair (i.e. after 3-4 games). I quoted this post "It's due for a dissessembly and a tune up". Given my noobness, I'm trying to gauge if it's something that should be done with this particular CYMA like a first 5000KM oil change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar1975 View Post
lol.. i disassemble and tune up all my new guns before i even put a battery in them to see if they work.

Guy behind the counter at TA asks me "do you want me to test this gun for you".. i say "why... before this thing shoots a single BB i will cut it open.. re-wire to Deans and tune up the gearbox.."

it all depends on if you like tinkering with this stuff as much as you do playing the game. I personally was teching airsoft guns way before i actually played airsoft.
Thanks mate, I've torn down all my pistols but I haven't moved to AEGs yet. From what I hear, they are pretty standard inside -- give or take QC issues with cheapies, but that's for me to read about. I was just wondering if you had knowledge about known issues after 3-4 games specifically with the CYMA MP5 which I have. Cheers!

Last edited by 8bitninja; August 17th, 2015 at 15:15..
8bitninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 08:38   #10
BobbyDangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
Sounds like a trigger switch/cutoff lever issue.
It's this. Had the same issue

BA Level 3 Certified
BobbyDangerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2015, 15:16   #11
HGPHYDRA

*update*

Bought a shs v.2 switch. Turns out the cyma trigger shuttle was a fair bit smaller. Had to file the back of the new shs trigger shuttle in order for the trigger to properly reset and grab the shuttle.

Also had time to shim, install sorbo, and correct A.O.E. My friend gamed it yesterday and it worked with out a hitch. Now we wait to see how long that will last haha!
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner