Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tm Hi Capa 5.1 problem

:

Doctor's Corner

Old May 17th, 2013, 18:08   #1
Rusty Lugnuts
Fainting Goat, Dictator of Quinte West

Tm Hi Capa 5.1 problem

Hey , My pistol has been working happily for about a year, suddenly a problem. I pull the trigger , gun cycles normally and then a BB rolls out of the barrel. I thought maybe it was too much hop up so i dialed that back with no difference. its the same .25 bastards that i've been using all along. What should i be looking for? Also two different mags act the same and sometimes 2 bbs roll out.

Last edited by Rusty Lugnuts; May 17th, 2013 at 18:14..
Rusty Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 18:25   #2
MultipleParadox

Did you inspect your nozzle? Sounds like a broken/cracked nozzle at first read

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 09:08   #3
N_Force

Most likely is the nozzle not moving freely. Slowly pull the slide back and check if the nozzle spring back freely. If the sliding rail has too much space that could be lightly moving up and down, do two different check by lightly pull up and lightly push down the slide to check for the nozzle spring back movement.

N_Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:11   #4
jaydempster

I've had a sticky loading nozzle on my 5.1, it causes the gun to jam getting the slide stuck half way back. A bb rolling out the barrel is almost always the buckings fault. I would say take the inner barrel and the hop apart and have a good look at everything, before you do that have a peak down the inner barrel and see if the hop is actually working.
jaydempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2013, 11:40   #5
N_Force

If you have a sticky nozzle , means the nozzle doesn't spring back freely, that could be the reason but may not the barrels. Remove the slide and up side down it on desk, use finger lightly push on the nozzle, slide move it back and fore, and check if there is any fiction between the top of nozzle and inside slide of housing . If you can feel the touching spot, most likely that is it.

Old May 18th, 2013, 15:07   #6
Rusty Lugnuts

the nozzle does not move easily back and forth, i put some lub on it and the gun is working better - but still is not her old self, It will fire 4 or 5 BB's correctly then 2 at once then fire correctly again, The velocity seems about right
Old May 18th, 2013, 20:50   #7
Kos-Mos

How many mags did you try?
Double feed and slow FPS/BB rolling out can be caused by worn/cracked feeding lips.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 14:43   #8
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Your problem has nothing to do with anything that is mentioned above.

Your hop up just isn't sticky enough to hold your rounds in place anymore, it's as simple as that. When your slide returns to battery, the force of it stripping the round off the mag and punching it in to the chamber is enough force to push it past the retaining edge in the hop up rubber. Thus, it just rolls out.

Either your rubber is worn, or it's just overlubed with too much silicone oil. Try soaking it in dish detergent (Sunlight is great... don't use Palmolive or anything that has lotion or some sort of moisturizer in it.) Hopefully that's enough to strip out any oil that it's sucked up, and make it sticky again.

If that doesn't work, then tons of different hop up rubbers are available that will fix it, or even improve your hop up.

If you have a metal slide with and enhanced recoil spring, this generally increases the likelihood of this problem starting, because the return speed of the slide carries much more force.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 17:37   #9
Rusty Lugnuts

When the slide is off the gun , how much force should be needed to move the nozzle back and forth. mine is very stiff almost at the point of hurting your fingernail. since i lubed it the BB's don't roll out the barrel anymore. It is still periodically shooting 2 bb's at once followed by none the next shot
Old May 20th, 2013, 18:27   #10
Kos-Mos

It should be very easy to move, barely touching it with your fingertip should move it.
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2013, 20:38   #11
N_Force

As my TM hi capa experience, remove the slide and disassemble the nozzle parts see what the problems causing it sticky. Look for any broken or crack or even damage o-ring. Also any rubbing area or worn out you can see after clean up the excessive oil or grease.
My problem was the top of the nozzle rubbing the inside slide and caused the nozzle got stuck and bb's rolled out once in a while. By filed the housing of the slide to fix it. Hope it helps.

Old May 20th, 2013, 22:12   #12
StrikeFreedom

sticky float valve within nozzle
StrikeFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 01:01   #13
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

It should move quite easily. As N-Force states, check the piston head to make sure the lip isn't ripped, folded, torn, or otherwise damaged in any way. If you've upgraded to an o-ring design, make sure it hasn't blown out of its groove. Some piston heads fit tighter than others.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner