Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Bioshot BB Review and Comparison (.36, .40, .43)

:

Reviews

Old September 29th, 2014, 23:50   #16
Comeau-SCS

That sounds bad, is it an issue with the 0.32 only ?
Comeau-SCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 10:27   #17
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Could be the mags, could be they're not double polished as well.
I had feeding issues with anything over .28 on my ptw mags until I strengthened the springs and polished the channels in them
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 11:09   #18
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

it's the production batches I'm thinking or a change in manufacture, the issue does not exist with other brands or the previous bags before the recent restock.

They'll shoot fine out of high caps but not feed out of any midcap I've tried them on. You going to blame 26 different mags of 3 different brands for 3 different types of guns too?

Double polish has nothing to do with it. Other brands not advertised as double polished feed fine. The BBs are measuring smaller than advertised and physically jamming between the follower and the side of the mag channel.

It's an absolute shame because I love these rounds when they shoot. Even oiled up through the R-hop they're performing really well, I just have to start a mag with 20 rounds of something else and oil the .32s

Last edited by lurkingknight; September 30th, 2014 at 11:12..
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 12:24   #19
Comeau-SCS

That's wierd because in the tests you made KSC had en even smaller diameter
Comeau-SCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2014, 14:48   #20
ThunderCactus

Weird. Bioshot has good reviews all across the board.
That being said, I've noticed my own bag of .30s seems to be dropping in performance from when I first bought them. I haven't noticed any dessicant packs in them, but it's a 4000 round bag that cracks open easily after repeated folding over.
Maybe you just got a bag of degraded BBs?

Not to say a good BB brand can't go bad, but there's usually a lot of consistency in product faults. Like elite force is know in Europe and the US to have bad batch consistency.
Old January 28th, 2015, 14:29   #21
Sturminator

Thanks for doing such a thorough testing. I will soon be running .36 bioshots and am very confident from your results that I will reach even further as a bolt action sniper. Thanks again. Awsome work.
Sturminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2015, 18:55   #22
ScintillatingMarauder

What strikes me about this is that the BioShot .43 had better numbers than the .36 for both STDEV Diameter and STDEV Weight. I wonder why this wasn't reflected in the .43's shooting tests. Has anyone had different results?

Im about to order and I don't want to waste money on the .43's but I also don't want to miss out on additional precision. Especially since Im shooting GBB I get a great advantage with more weight.
ScintillatingMarauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2015, 19:39   #23
ThunderCactus

Could be the distribution of weight in the BB. We used to see similar effects with air bubbles.
Old February 5th, 2015, 20:13   #24
KenTsui

Also note this:

Quote:
My expectation and hopes going into this review were to find that the new heavy .40 and .43 were the superior bb, but the numbers don't seem to say so. Aside from that, the feeding issue is a bit of a nuisance. Perhaps, if I improve the efficiency of the magazine feeding, I might be able to use the .40 and .43 properly. Since I had difficulty loading them, I wonder if the speed-loader had cause some sort of damage to them to cause these results. I can't discount the possibility that there may be something wrong with the data or the gun that caused those bb's to score so low, but I'm a believer of what I see and practicality.

I've been wanting to do a re-run of the heavies, but haven't had the time to do so. Of course, I will report back if I do.

John told me that other testers seem to be impressed with the .43's. It's possible that maybe I got a bad batch or I had somehow damaged them during the loading.
Old February 5th, 2015, 23:17   #25
ScintillatingMarauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenTsui View Post
Also note this:

I've been wanting to do a re-run of the heavies, but haven't had the time to do so. Of course, I will report back if I do.

John told me that other testers seem to be impressed with the .43's. It's possible that maybe I got a bad batch or I had somehow damaged them during the loading.
Damaging during loading is possible especially with weaker bio bbs. I had been hand loading my GHK G5 mags and noticed I pretty badly marred up a Bioval just putting it in. So its possible. Another thing to check for is to fire 10-15 times into a bucket of water, then examine those BBs for issues.

BioShot's prices on their website, I noticed you get 40g of BBs per $1 with .4g and 40.31g of BBs per $1 for .43g. So .43 is slightly cheaper at least how I look at things. For comparison the .36 is 48.46 grams per $1.

I will get .36 and .43
ScintillatingMarauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2015, 23:24   #26
ThunderCactus

That's why I always use a stick loader lol
Could be NOZZLE damage from loading, you may need stronger mag springs to test them properly.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews