I need some multiglam cordura

:

Gear Discussion

Old December 5th, 2015, 21:52   #1
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I need some multiglam cordura

500 or 1000d

I can't find what I want so I'm going to make a utility pouch. I need 1-2 yards of 500 or 1000d cordura (standard roll should be 60in wide) so if you are hoarding mats let me know if you have any to spare or know where to get some.

I'm trying to not order from the states given the exchange rate and that shipping 1 yard of fabric costs as much as the fabric.
Old December 7th, 2015, 05:13   #2
AnthonyG
LUser Title

Honestly, eBay is probably your best bet, especially if you need other supplies like thread, seam tape and webbing. I was looking for Ranger Green Cordura and ending up trying Rockywoods. Like you said I spent a ridiculous amount for almost no product at all, and in the end was unhappy with the colour of velcro they sold me.

I've not looked specifically for multicam, but in any colour its almost impossible to find a single source for all the materials you need to make a pouch. Forget local shops, everywhere I checked in Toronto only had bright and fluorescent colours of Cordura.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

*Busy signing for his packages*
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2015, 09:05   #3
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

yeah I've ordered from rockywoods before as well as a scraps from a tarp maker on ebay. Right now the exchange is really unfavorable so it's an option that 's low on the list right now.

a yard from rockywoods is about 17-18$ usd they want another 20ish to ship it to canada.

Ebay is about the same, so trying to find some other options.
Old December 7th, 2015, 16:11   #4
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

problem has been solved. lol. I now have enough cordura to make a mess tent. lol.
Old December 18th, 2015, 21:18   #5
AnthonyG
LUser Title

where did you end up buying from?
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2015, 22:40   #6
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

a little birdy dropped me a lead that warfighter had a portion of a roll left that they were trying to clear out. I ended up with the whole lot for a filthy price.

FILTHY.
Old December 23rd, 2015, 14:31   #7
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I'm now looking for a spool of #499 tan #69 bonded nylon thread.

Will be in the gta for a few days after festivus, are there any textiles stores that sell this stuff?

not paying 40$ to ship a spool of 20$ from the states. would also take a close color match or an appropriate green. Just need a store that sells the range of colors in nylon thread.
Old December 24th, 2015, 10:35   #8
WPJ

Hey mate, Walmart has some, if you want I can look up the colour id I have its a perfect match
WPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2015, 11:56   #9
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

cool I'll stop by and check one out at some point. If not I'm sure some of the textile places in toronto will have some, going to hit a couple big ones while I'm down. I'll have a material swatch with me so I can find something appropriate if they don't have the exact 499.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion