Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Using a plate carrier with custom-made plates as a form of protection from knives & needles?

:

Gear Discussion

Closed Thread

Old January 20th, 2016, 17:04   #46
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

no reputable self defense class will tell you to protect yourself and plan for confrontation. That's asking for a lawsuit when your shit didn't work out and you get stabbed or when cops come knocking on your door because your classes taught a retard that ended up killing a guy in a self defense claim.

They will all teach you to read the circumstances and avoid putting yourself in the situation where confrontation may happen. In OPs case, different route home. If the neighborhood sucks that bad that you fear for your life every day.. move.

The fight you can always win is the fight you never put yourself into.

You can be the best guy in the class, that won't help you when a guy with a knife catches you unawares and slashes your neck, then takes your wallet while you're dying on the ground. How good is your uber super street fighting skillz and awesome cutting board vest then?

Here's the best self defense technique when they pull a weapon in front of you.

Here's my wallet, you want the PIN for the cards too?

Last edited by lurkingknight; January 20th, 2016 at 17:12..
Old January 20th, 2016, 17:48   #47
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
Yeah, you many want to look at these
http://www.superiorglove.com/arm-pro...istant-sleeves
and maybe this line or similar
http://www.bladerunner.tv/
/genuine, honest response.

*shakes head*

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
Old January 20th, 2016, 17:52   #48
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
no reputable self defense class will tell you to protect yourself and plan for confrontation. That's asking for a lawsuit when your shit didn't work out and you get stabbed or when cops come knocking on your door because your classes taught a retard that ended up killing a guy in a self defense claim.
This is actually something they need to teach people in high-school or earlier.

You have a RIGHT to defend yourself; however, that right may only be executed when all other attempts to diffuse the confrontation is exhausted. E.g. someone mugging you, run like hell instead of fighting them in self-defense.

It's more likely that both parties will incur legal ramifications rather than just the perp.

Only a peace officer has a more lenient interpretation of the right to self-defense because of a plethora of different reasons.

Last edited by RainyEyes; January 20th, 2016 at 17:57..
Old January 20th, 2016, 19:39   #49
chaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Activist View Post
The whole point of me coming up with this idea is about the vest being CONCEALED. So can all those whom appear to have aspergers or anti-social disorder perhaps read the whole thread before throwing in their useless two cents?
Seriously? Are you fucking kidding me with that comment?
Old January 20th, 2016, 19:46   #50
hollywood...
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Activist View Post
Again - the bottom line is: I don't feel it's worthwhile or even necessary to drop more than $100 on a defensive armour-vest if i can make an acceptable contraption on my own with just a replica carier
This made me laugh - how much do you value your life?

My elbow pads for hockey cost more than $100
Old January 20th, 2016, 20:22   #51
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

I still can't tell if OP is fourteen or mentally ill.
Old January 20th, 2016, 20:27   #52
Handsonic
"I like syrup on my blue waffles." #diseasedvagina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffradical View Post
I still can't tell if OP is fourteen or mentally ill.
Old January 20th, 2016, 20:34   #53
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsonic View Post
Old January 20th, 2016, 20:47   #54
Danke

I have taken to duct taping cutting boards to my skin. Then I put my clothing on.

The duct tape solution, although tactically sound, is hot and painful to remove.
Old January 20th, 2016, 21:49   #55
DuffMan

Send a message via ICQ to DuffMan Send a message via MSN to DuffMan
I'm not sure what's constraining your budget, but you're much better off using a phone book than cutting boards (Jesus Christ how small are these cutting boards?). It's more ergonomic and can be easily modified to give you better coverage and articulation.
There's a reason it's a traditional Glasgow solution.

*I am not fucking endorsing this boneheaded decision and this does not at all constitute expert advice. I take no fucking liability at all for what happens to you on the street*

"He resisted. I asked him to comply."
"Telling him to 'eat it, bitch' is not really a request."
Old January 20th, 2016, 22:28   #56
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

- The neighbourhood you walk through has a high probability of serious threat to your health and safety.

ANSWER: This is not a good neighbourhood for you to walk through nor live in. You are at unreasonable risk, you must do something to end this permanently, that is the first and only reasonable option. BIG PICTURE

- You can't move for some reason and must get from A to B.

ANSWER: A stab vest is a band-aid on an arterial bleed here. You will eventually get hurt or in over your head. If every day is a possibility for violence, then you must go around, period. Get a car, catch a ride, take transit and if those options are not available to you, get a good bike and helmet and go around the neighborhood quickly and safely. You can ride on the street and take a more appropriate path.

- You live in Syria and ISIS is targeting you for some reason, so armor is the only reasonable option.

ANSWER: Safety and life saving gear is not a joke, it is engineered to do specific tasks by experienced professionals. You need to deflect blades? Then engineered armor is the only option, cost is not an excuse here as your life is at risk. It doesn't matter if it's for sports, work, or personal defense, safety is safety, using a brand name running shoe analogy won't help you. Or, you can use your defense budget to get a bike or transport around your red zone. Prison inmates tape magazines around them, so you can go this route I guess, it'll be just as idiotic.

- You travel through this area with other people? Sometimes your girlfriend visits? How does the mail get delivered, by armored robots?

ANSWER: Stop doing this, unless you have extra cutting boards to lend everyone.

- You are a target for some reason and this neighbourhood is out of control.

ANSWER: When you, or someone else you see is being hassled, note the persons height, age and base description, even take a cell pic of you can. Every single time there's an incident file a police report, every time, every, every, every. Eventually there will be more patrols, more plain clothes officers, more investigations and more surveillance within the neighbourhood. It may take time, but eventually arrests and pressure will lessen the crime rate. Why do I get the feeling you may know some of these individuals? Idiots from school, well known trouble makers, are you being targeted for some reason?

- You are dead set on this path and you're not trolling, the problem seems to be everyone else.

ANSWER: You are asking about an apparently very serious situation to your life and health and came to an airsoft forum to get advice? Well, we will help as much as we can, in fact, some of us even have experience in these issues, but you won't take our advice for some reason? No one here is disagreeing with one another, except for with you. We aren't all sitting in the same basement, BFF's forever, this is a diverse community and everyone is being very clear that your idea isn't good and that proper and realistic solutions are the only way to go. You could have Googled or Youtubed the problem and found real, professional information on these issues by proper sources. In a health or safety situation, nobody is gonna suggest an uneducated/Mickey-Mouse solution for you, so you can go back into danger half-cocked. Make some smart life choices, take this seriously, consult professionals and get some self defense training bud. There, that's the best advice you're gonna get!

PS: Please post up your homemade body armor results so we can add it to the off-topic/You laugh, you lose thread. Good luck. I'll be watching for your obituary.

Last edited by Ricochet; January 20th, 2016 at 22:52..
Old January 22nd, 2016, 13:35   #57
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Okay I am shutting this down. Based upon several of the threads you have made and the questions you are asking strongly leads one to believe you are up to no good, and quite possibly something very illegal.

Thread locked, do not create any more on this or related topics.

Saskatoon is not that dangerous of a City, and by your questions and inquiries I believe you are more of the issue than the correction.
If your path is/was this dangerous and you actually called the cops after the attempted robberies like you should it would either be patrolled more frequently or a path you would no longer walk along.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion