Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Well VSR-10 or L96

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 1st, 2013, 14:23   #1
Bar1975

Well VSR-10 or L96

Lots of great deals around town now with these WELL Spring sniper rifles..

what is the better buy.. the VSR10 or the L96.

Both seem to have plenty of upgrade parts available but is one better quality than the other or are they basically the same?

I'm getting one of these this week..
Bar1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 14:37   #2
jaydempster

iv'e had 4 L96's, they are good looking guns but they take a lot of work to get them shooting straight, the stock hop and barrel are garbage. the stock trigger box is made of plastic and tends to break if you upgrade the spring. I find that the vsr10 has a better hop design and there are more parts available for it, plus its a lot lighter.
jaydempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 14:57   #3
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

But the Well VSR10 is pure crap. Everything needs to be changed, including the receiver. You are much better off starting with a good base such a Tokyo Marui and upgrading only what needs to be upgraded (cylinder, piston, inner barrel, hop up rubber, trigger block). It will cost you approximately the same thing as changing everything in a Well, but the Marui will be much more accurate for the same price.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 15:02   #4
Bar1975

some great feedback guys.. and pretty much what i expected.. "They are both crap.. "

Let's put it this way.. i'm a rather decent gun tech and love upgrading my guns. I've already got my eyes on a full metal Trigger box and PDI Hop up unit.. as well as improved metal cylinder, spring guide, piston set. (And of course a TB Inner Barrel)

upgrading the gun goes without saying.. i only buy cheaper guns so that i can upgrade the hell out of them.

So i guess the question is what is the better 'base platform' for upgrading?

While i'd love to own a Maruzen or TM .. i don't see a whole lot of them around town for sale.. and especially for a measly $150 brand new.
Old December 1st, 2013, 15:39   #5
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

You can find a TM VSR10 for around 400$. Since you will not have to upgrade the stock, the hop up unit and the bolt handle you are already saving 200-300$ right there. With a cheap clone you will probably want to upgrade the outer barrel and receiver eventually or if they are so off spec that upgrade parts will not fit. The receiver is a restricted part and the outer barrel is 150-250$ depending on the length. In this case you get a *lot* more for your money with the Marui. Trust me, I've built both and now I wish I had never attempted to build off a Well/TSD clone. ;)

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2013, 15:51   #6
leth1337

I've run a Well L96 for almost 4 years. I used the stock hopup and inner barrel for a year w .3g bbs and it was a laser. The only reason I changed these 2 parts was to use a tighter inner barrel - an AEG barrel - I had to change the hopup. Still using the stock trigger box. Still shooting 435fps and I now run .4g bbs. Well VSR10 sears broke on me within the first 5 games, I replaced them with better ones and sold the gun.

My personal preference has always been the L96 but it IS heavier.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 18:47   #7
Bar1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by leth1337 View Post
I've run a Well L96 for almost 4 years. I used the stock hopup and inner barrel for a year w .3g bbs and it was a laser. The only reason I changed these 2 parts was to use a tighter inner barrel - an AEG barrel - I had to change the hopup. Still using the stock trigger box. Still shooting 435fps and I now run .4g bbs
What hop up and barrel combination did you end up changing out too? Are the PDI hopups compatible with the WELL L96? I hear they are a great upgrade for this gun.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 18:56   #8
leth1337

Yes I used a PDI chamber, Prometheus bucking, and madbull 509mm inner barrel
Old December 3rd, 2013, 19:11   #9
Bar1975

sweet...

well i picked up the L96 after.. Cyber Monday sale i got it for $155!! (with scope and bi-pod)

at that price i just couldn't say no
Old December 3rd, 2013, 19:12   #10
leth1337

Ya that's a good deal.
Old December 6th, 2013, 16:26   #11
Crimzzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar1975 View Post
sweet...

well i picked up the L96 after.. Cyber Monday sale i got it for $155!! (with scope and bi-pod)

at that price i just couldn't say no
Should have put that 155$ towards a new TM VSR10. (400$). Most likely cheaper in the long run and fantastic build quality/tolerances.

My buddy had to beat parts into his Well (Like a rented mule). My TM Vsr10 went together fantastically and shoots quite accurately.
Crimzzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2013, 16:41   #12
iKliiu

JG Bar-10's can easily compete with TM's, basically once both are upgrade their performances are the same. Externally, they are near identical too.
iKliiu is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion