Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

This is the KJ 10/22 thread

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 6th, 2016, 20:20   #481
Bigload

Thanks for the info.

I missed your replies Data,

I installed the spacer, I didn't know that my inner barrel was two pieces. That's so strange. I might plan to swap it out for an RA tech stock length inner later on. I still haven't order my Cradle yet, like Seags suggested. My NPAS on the M4 came lose as well and went to 450 fps from 370.

At the moment, I don't think I will need to modify anything as the gun performs pretty straight out of the box!

Mp5 Magpuls seems to fit the mags nicely and cheaply. So no need for custom printed 3D plates!
Bigload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2016, 20:48   #482
Datawraith

If you're planning on a Cradle, better get it fast; it's on sale at the moment due to a clearance for whatever reason (hopefully Cradle isn't going out of business...).

Ra-Tech barrels are nice; look into the 6.03 Maple Leaf barrel though. Easier to maintain than the 6.01 and just as good for accuracy and range. I'm actually fairly tempted to get a VSR bucking and barrel hopup unit for more options... Also gotta get a new charging handle; I just snapped mine today

I found the MP5 Magpuls made it a bit of a pain in the ass to refill the mags with gas/CO2. Low quality ones tear when you push the pull tab out of the way to re-gas the mags.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2016, 20:38   #483
Bigload

I was impatient and bought the NPAS from a local source . I didn't see your message until now!

Having said that, how much gap on the NPAS did you open and what FPS did you get?

I can't seem to find a video for NPAS installation, but found a few on rocket valve. I assumed it is the same?

The NPAS will go into the stock valve?
Old March 17th, 2016, 21:05   #484
Datawraith

NPAS is better in my opinion; some people have trouble with the Cradles.

How much you open depends on the FPS you want, and you'll have to adjust according to your rifle. Mine will be different cause I'm running an aluminum bolt and aluminum piston. Just make sure to blue loctite it before installing (so it doesn't readjust itself).

There are some videos (if you're in the FB group, you should be able to find them in the FAQ; otherwise search youtube for TopHatRunner because I used his videos when I installed mine). The NPAS entirely replaces the black plastic bit inside the nozzle (dunno what it's called).
Old March 19th, 2016, 19:19   #485
Bigload

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
NPAS is better in my opinion; some people have trouble with the Cradles.

How much you open depends on the FPS you want, and you'll have to adjust according to your rifle. Mine will be different cause I'm running an aluminum bolt and aluminum piston. Just make sure to blue loctite it before installing (so it doesn't readjust itself).

There are some videos (if you're in the FB group, you should be able to find them in the FAQ; otherwise search youtube for TopHatRunner because I used his videos when I installed mine). The NPAS entirely replaces the black plastic bit inside the nozzle (dunno what it's called).
I replaced the plastic valve with the NPAS and had it barely open (3mm?). It was shooting at 390-400!

I think I might have installed it wrong? When I remove the mag, should you be able to see the NPAS via the opening? That, or I really need to loctite the NPAS
Old March 19th, 2016, 20:32   #486
Datawraith

That's a good FPS, isn't? Mine shoots at 370-380.
Old March 19th, 2016, 21:07   #487
Bigload

I am trying to get 375 consistently to play at Siege.

edited:

I found this little pictorial from this link

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...nd-custom-NPAS

I guess I have the adjustment wrong? If the NPAS is fully closed, that's MAX fps? If I open the gap, it prevents GAS from going thru?

Last edited by Bigload; March 19th, 2016 at 21:16..
Old March 20th, 2016, 01:48   #488
Seags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigload View Post
I guess I have the adjustment wrong? If the NPAS is fully closed, that's MAX fps? If I open the gap, it prevents GAS from going thru?
Yes
Seags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2016, 11:46   #489
Datawraith

Any KC owners (in the GTA) need to do a Shapeways run? I need a charging handle for my KC, and the shipping blows (it doubles the price of my order). Let me know!
Old November 24th, 2016, 21:50   #490
Chiba

So does anyone know if the Cradle Velocity Reducers are still available?
Chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2016, 22:16   #491
Datawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiba View Post
So does anyone know if the Cradle Velocity Reducers are still available?
No, Cradle is gone. Buy and use an NPAS and apply blue loctite, works pretty good. There's another community member (can't remember who) that made his own version of the Cradle, but I think it was super janky and not commercially applicable. I might ask on the FB page to see if someone who has a Cradle is willing to create a Shapeways model of it or something, maybe TopHatRunner.
Old November 24th, 2016, 22:23   #492
Chiba

doh! Thanks for the heads up. I guess blue Loctite it is.
Chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2016, 19:56   #493
Seags

Thought I would come here to get some more input, but I'm stil struggling with consistency and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

I'll list my specs and after that a rundown of all the DIY mods I've done myself to get better consistency. The upgrades I have are:

KF Piston
AEG chamber
Nine ball VSR bucking
PDI 6.10
NPAS
HPA tapped

And a few more but those aren't related to consistency.

My piston was loose, I.e. would move back and forth about a mm when installed. Fixed with an o-ring placed at the base of the piston. Teflon tape wrapped around the end of the bucking and barrel. Wanted to use floss but there is no room for it. Gasket maker on the piston to hold the spring pub in place. I've also checked that the magazine gasket and nozzle I let are properly aligned.

I'm getting on average around 355 FPS +/- 7 but every 1 in 4 shots goes as high as 370 or as low as 340. I had this same problem on a different barrel and bucking combo. I know I can get better efficiency because I've seen people shoot +/- 3 FPS on CO2 which is less consistent than HPA

Any ideas?
Old November 27th, 2016, 23:06   #494
Datawraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seags View Post
Thought I would come here to get some more input, but I'm stil struggling with consistency and I can't for the life of me figure out why.

I'll list my specs and after that a rundown of all the DIY mods I've done myself to get better consistency. The upgrades I have are:

KF Piston
AEG chamber
Nine ball VSR bucking
PDI 6.10
NPAS
HPA tapped

And a few more but those aren't related to consistency.

My piston was loose, I.e. would move back and forth about a mm when installed. Fixed with an o-ring placed at the base of the piston. Teflon tape wrapped around the end of the bucking and barrel. Wanted to use floss but there is no room for it. Gasket maker on the piston to hold the spring pub in place. I've also checked that the magazine gasket and nozzle I let are properly aligned.

I'm getting on average around 355 FPS +/- 7 but every 1 in 4 shots goes as high as 370 or as low as 340. I had this same problem on a different barrel and bucking combo. I know I can get better efficiency because I've seen people shoot +/- 3 FPS on CO2 which is less consistent than HPA

Any ideas?
Hmm... You've got a good set of internals and it sounds like you covered pretty much all the bases...

NPAS would be my first guess. Pull that out, make sure there's no wobble and that it's functioning as it should.

Have you checked the integrity of all your parts? There might be a crack in your nozzle or some other air seal leak that expands when the conditions are just right.

Hope that helps; the FB group might be more helpful though. They've got tons more experience than me.

On a side note, how's the nineball bucking working out for you? I've been looking for a VSR Monster Diamond bucking but can't find one locally... I might have to settle for a W-Hold or something else...
Old November 28th, 2016, 09:46   #495
Seags

I've found the nine ball to be much better than the PDI. I used the PDI when I ran propane and sometimes green gas and it swelled pretty quick. The bucking is much tighter in the barrel so it gives a better air seal. Haven't been able to do much long range testing but my groupings at 30ft were 1".

Once I get it to larger ranges I'll let you know how it goes
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion