Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Reviews - BuyAirsoft.ca

:

Reviews

Old May 11th, 2007, 07:38   #211
Porkchop

Send a message via ICQ to Porkchop
Had a feeling that things were not as smooth, when they overran their estimated times of arrival.
In light of this last post I am doubly glad I asked for my money back right away.

Cry "Haddock" and let slip the hounds of Beer
[-brought to you courtesy of Salamander Army -]
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 13:27   #212
ancorp
AK Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Well, if these guys were indeed labling Airsoft products as paintball products, doesn't surprise me.
I doubt they would dare to put that kind of markup on guns though. A $300 china AEG without an importation fee is insane profit.

Cheers,
Alex
ancorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2007, 08:26   #213
yanhchan

Send a message via AIM to yanhchan Send a message via MSN to yanhchan
Crap I'm waiting for a reply from them about a refund. They quoted me 30 days for the arrival of the item. Its only been 24 days or so but I just found out they're having trouble with customs now....craps

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
yanhchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2007, 10:34   #214
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancorp View Post
I doubt they would dare to put that kind of markup on guns though. A $300 china AEG without an importation fee is insane profit.

Cheers,
Alex
I don't know, it's just speculation on my part with nothing to back it up.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2007, 19:06   #215
digital_blue

I have requested info about a gun and some parts that are in stock and they haven't responded since. That was about 3 days ago... Anyone have any problems contacting them recently?
digital_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2007, 19:09   #216
Stone Evil

Wow...that's too bad. I knew something was up, as their site hasn't been updated in a long time.
Stone Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2007, 19:21   #217
dontask

Send a message via MSN to dontask
assuming their stuff got caught at customs
that means all the guns they invested in will be destroyed by the crown?
and in addition to all the refunds they'll have to make won't that totally destroy their business?
dontask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2007, 21:43   #218
Stone Evil

I know it only asks for speculation, but what makes this company go under investigation when others don't? Or have all others gone as well? Perhaps it is a stage that all stores in Canada go through. I have heard the same thing happened or is happeing to 007airsoft.com. Is that company still selling guns? I went to their site and under "In stock" it looked as though two were available. I just don't know if it is old stock or not. What about A& A Surplus...has anyone bought guns recently from them? have they been under investigation? If so, what were the law violoations if any, or recommendations made for them to remain a legal company?
I know warcraftgames had sold guns for a while but are only selling accessories at the moment. Recently the rifle part fo their site was up again after being closed, but seems to be missing once again.
I understand that the US has to have orange paint on the barrel ends, but it is not required in Canada. And although the G36C I got from buyairsoft.ca had no orange tip ( yay! ) other guns from this company have had them painted on. Do you think buyairsoft paints these on themselves to stay one step closer to the law, or maybe they get a lot of their stuff from the states?
What does a Canadian company have to do to avoid these sorts of complications and disruptions to their business?
Stone Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2007, 21:47   #219
dontask

Send a message via MSN to dontask
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Evil View Post
I know it only asks for speculation, but what makes this company go under investigation when others don't? Or have all others gone as well? Perhaps it is a stage that all stores in Canada go through. I have heard the same thing happened or is happeing to 007airsoft.com. Is that company still selling guns? I went to their site and under "In stock" it looked as though two were available. I just don't know if it is old stock or not. What about A& A Surplus...has anyone bought guns recently from them? have they been under investigation? If so, what were the law violoations if any, or recommendations made for them to remain a legal company?
I know warcraftgames had sold guns for a while but are only selling accessories at the moment. Recently the rifle part fo their site was up again after being closed, but seems to be missing once again.
I understand that the US has to have orange paint on the barrel ends, but it is not required in Canada. And although the G36C I got from buyairsoft.ca had no orange tip ( yay! ) other guns from this company have had them painted on. Do you think buyairsoft paints these on themselves to stay one step closer to the law, or maybe they get a lot of their stuff from the states?
What does a Canadian company have to do to avoid these sorts of complications and disruptions to their business?
most stores have been hit already in the past months
and buyairsoft were getting their stuff from the US
dontask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 08:36   #220
Spawn28
I am manly hear me squeek

Send a message via MSN to Spawn28
Well when i purchased mine it was the only AEG available on there site. I purchased it on the 2nd of april and arrived april 15th there hasnt been a gun there since i know cause ive looked everyday and they have even removed the pics and reviews of it ...
Spawn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 18:03   #221
yanhchan

Got a reply from them today saying they refunded me through paypal on May10th. The girl i got to pay for me is going to check tonight. I'm pissed though because I was really really looking forward to seeing that gun...

Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country ~John F. Kennedy
Old May 15th, 2007, 10:16   #222
gamz

Any idea when they will be getting new stock?

Old May 15th, 2007, 10:21   #223
SuperCkicken

i believe they said 3-6 months :shock:
SuperCkicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 15:53   #224
digital_blue

I have finally received the info I was looking for. After several days! They claim to reply wthin 12 hours.......
digital_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 15:54   #225
yanhchan

3-6mths= end of airsoft season..

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews