Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Echo 1 M240B After action report

:

Reviews

Old March 12th, 2012, 21:44   #1
Brodie_BHD

Echo 1 M240B After action report

Well I got a chance to take my Echo1 M240B out to its first game just this past weekend and run it through its paces.

I have to start by saying this thing dominated the field and just kept on rocking! There was a few hiccups with the gun though that kind of bothered me.

First off the Size and Weight... this thing is seriously long and heavy and is the difficult to shoulder properly due to the location of the box mag. I found myself using the carry handle ALOT which then lead to the next issue.

The locking mechanism for the barrel isnt very solid and while holding and shouldering the weapon can very easily be unlocked then when you go to grab the carrying handle you unlock and pop off your outer barrel! The locking mechanism needs a stronger spring to hold it in place.

Next one up is the box mag! This has some pro's and con's. First off its extremely easy to load and reload just flip up the velcro closure and pop open the cardboard box and dump in your bag of bb's! The mag sticks out from the side of the gun in a way that it makes it difficult to shoulder it and support the front end. I also had some feeding issues... Im not sure if this was due to the auto winding function winding the gun when you pull the trigger or if it was from my support hand interfering with the feed tube, not sure but it was annoying! Move from cover and go to shoot again and POP POP POP POP POP then it fires after it finally winds the magazine back up.

The accuracy was acceptable for a support gun but it can deffinatly improve, a nice tightbore and new hopup rubber will fix that. The rate of fire was a little slower than I would have liked aswell. I ran a 7.4v 25c 4900mah Lipo and the ROF was no where near that of my G&P M249 with the exact same battery.

Overall I would have to say im happy with this gun but it has some shortcomings. I think the box mag could use a pressure switch for reliablility although the trigger pull auto winding is nice and you dont have to do anything extra for the mag.

I will work on it and use it some more and see how well it performs in the long run! Pics to follow to keep everyone happy!
Brodie_BHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2012, 23:52   #2
JLiang

Send a message via Skype™ to JLiang
Nice! Sounds like a pretty solid platform.

Tell us when you get that Tightbore and Hop in. I'm interested, at least.
"-----------\_*_\
JLiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:49   #3
venture

That is an expensive gun. Do you mind telling us the price?

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:59   #4
j_march

one website sells it in canada for 800$, i believe its revolution airsoft
Old March 13th, 2012, 07:59   #5
j_march

capital sells it for like $1100 or $1200 though
Old March 13th, 2012, 08:24   #6
Juic3
freakonleash

Except the look, is there any advantage comparing to the M249 ?
Juic3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 10:09   #7
Brodie_BHD

I picked mine up lightly used from a member on here for less than 800 shipped so I'm happy with the price I paid. It is an expensive piece of equipment but still cheaper than my G&P M249 which sat that game out due to feeding issues.

I would say there is no advantage over an M249... Probably more disadvantages than anything like the extra length and weight and the annoying box mag that makes it difficult to handle.

One advantage may be the barrel inner barrel length and the easy to use box mag. Not only that it is just 10x more badass lugging that thing out to the field instead of your typical SAW that most people are used to seeing.
Old March 13th, 2012, 12:14   #8
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Good to see someone post up their thoughts on fielding this GPMG. I would be curious to know if you employed it like a rifle (carrying it around, shooting from the shoulders) or in a machine gun role (bipod deployed, shooting from the prone)?
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 12:17   #9
wildcard

Send a message via MSN to wildcard Send a message via Yahoo to wildcard
for increased accuracy and range go with a madbull python 650mm inner barrel and a modify clear hop up. Be carefull on pinching the wires on your mosfet they will cause a short and parts are hard and expensive to comeby. keep the tab for teh barrel release secure otherwise when you use your carry handle the barrel will come out, when fitting in the barrel follow the grooves and you should hear a click when secured otherwise it is still free. I used mine as a rifle at LZ and Rhino teh weight is relatively light compared to my Inokatsu M60
wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2012, 12:39   #10
Brodie_BHD

I used it in a combo role. I moved around quite a bit but always tried to get in a position to brace myself with either the bipod or just propping the front end on something.

Running around and trying to shoot freehand is a bit more difficult but it can be done. I was in a position where it was myself only vs. 3 opfor and managed to take them all out just by alternating positions and my fire on all 3 of their positions.

Worked out pretty good and I'm looking forward to getting some more field time with it!
Old March 23rd, 2012, 20:29   #11
Summers1000

This might be a bit late, but that is not a carrying handle it's the grip to remove the barrel on the real one when they have to switch them out without burning their hands that's why it's so weak.
Summers1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 20:48   #12
Kwokwai

Send a message via ICQ to Kwokwai Send a message via MSN to Kwokwai Send a message via Yahoo to Kwokwai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summers1000 View Post
This might be a bit late, but that is not a carrying handle it's the grip to remove the barrel on the real one when they have to switch them out without burning their hands that's why it's so weak.
Not necessarily. If it's like the C6 you can use it to carry as well.
Kwokwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2012, 16:07   #13
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
No, on the real thing it's actually supposed to be a carrying handle. It can easily take the weight of a real M240/C6, but of course in airsoft your mileage may vary.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2012, 20:21   #14
Brodie_BHD

Quote:
Its not the handle thats weak it was the locking mechanism to hold the barrel in place. I found that while grabbing the gun I managed to knock it loose a few times.

Yes it is also used to switch barrels on the real gun so your not grabbing the barrel when its at the melting point.
Old March 24th, 2012, 22:53   #15
Porkchop

Send a message via ICQ to Porkchop
Did anybody ever figure out what type of battery comes with the gun?
I still don't have a clue

Cry "Haddock" and let slip the hounds of Beer
[-brought to you courtesy of Salamander Army -]
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews