Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Which is the best pistol brand?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old March 14th, 2017, 20:17   #16
NoGear
likes being humiliated

Ill give a +1 on KWA/KSC i own 3 of their glocks

Glock 17 is a good pistol and its easy to doctor if anything goes wrong.
Glock 18 is pretty much similar except i won't use full auto.
Glock 19 is the most up to date of their glock line. its a bit tighter than the 17 but the weight and heft is overall its best selling point.

The only thing you need to worry about is keeping a spare set of nozzle springs and nozzle, but most people do with gas guns anyways. The aftermarket support is zero, but for whats there is pretty decent.
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2017, 00:15   #17
Rydock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
kjw isnt a great brand but they shoot ok and are dencently durable for a cheap price. I have had my m9 vertec since 2008 and it still works well. i just swapped the barrel and hop rubber. it rattles a bit due to lose tolerences but works works well after years of hard use.
Which barrel did you end up using in your KJW?
Rydock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2017, 11:08   #18
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Often times this is an issue of, 'pick your favourite gun, then find out who makes the best one'. I also did a quick write up in another thread on how guns are only lightly measured by their initial quality, but in the back of an experienced player's mind is overall potential. Quality materials and specs are important, but think about how it can perform once it's upgraded, modded, etc. Even the good brands have stinkers.

For GBBPs, I typically avoid any model that has a thin gas reservoir, like a 1911, or a thin hammer mechanism, like an M9. Your gun being able to go through a whole mag effeciently is a must, but most guns can do a mag and a half, or more. The most moving and rubbing parts are in the hammer mechanism, so the thinner and tighter they are, the more issues you'll likely run into. Most TMs are good and most KWA USP line or good. Obviously there's more, but here's a few to look out for.

Tokyo Marui winners:
- Sig P226 (maybe the best pistol ever made)
- M&P 9
- PX4 Storm (needs a hop mod)
- MK23 Socom (non-blowback)

Tokyo Marui losers:
- Sig P226 E2 (short life-span)
- FN 5/7 (reliability issues)
Old March 15th, 2017, 13:27   #19
ccyg8774

#Please don't take this reply seriously#
Army Armament!
Why? Because…
Before I bought an Army Armament pistol, I was only able to do repair works on AEGs, but now… (Laugh with tears)
It just opened up a new world of gas gun tech to me! Can your Tokyo Marui do that? (Laugh with tears again)
#Please don't take this reply seriously#

Last edited by ccyg8774; March 15th, 2017 at 17:50..
ccyg8774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2017, 19:08   #20
Metcarfre

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Stay away from ... WE Gen 4 G19 because some of the parts are hard to come by.
What specifically is hard to come by for these?
Metcarfre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2017, 22:14   #21
Dumblins

I'm starting to look at pistols too.

I really like the CZ and P226 platform but I'm not sure about the plastic feel (never hold any plastic pistol before).

Which brands would you suggest for both these platforms ?
Dumblins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 00:20   #22
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

The first question you have to ask yourself is this:
Do you want a reliable pistol?
Or do you just want one that looks cool and has good recoil?
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 07:12   #23
Dumblins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
The first question you have to ask yourself is this:
Do you want a reliable pistol?
Or do you just want one that looks cool and has good recoil?
How about both? Hehe

I'd rather have something reliable I guess! But if I can get the reliability, look and feel I'm up for it!
Old March 26th, 2017, 08:38   #24
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Simple answer, plastic pistols are lighter and require less force to cycle, they are more durable and reliable, although a good brand helps (hint: Tokyo Marui).

Metal pistols are heavier and take a lot of force to cycle. This puts a lot more stress on the parts. Also, almost all manufacturers use low quality metals, which will break, deform and wear out. They kick harder but are not as durable. High quality metal upgrade parts exist, but most of them are made to Tokyo Marui spec to replace the plastic parts and might not fit all that well on clones.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 11:43   #25
Dumblins

So I'm better off with a TM (like for anything lol) ?

I really like the ASG CZ75 SP-01 Shadow though but I'd rather not worry about having problem with my gun than hoping it shoots when I need it.

I'll take a look at the TMs further more. Thanks
Old March 26th, 2017, 12:06   #26
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

You can get better reliability than a plastic slide if you get one of those fancy $300-$600 titanium slides that weight the same amount. But that's a whole other pistol in cost.

Point is, the lighter slide takes less gas to cycle, so you get more efficiency, and most importantly, better cold weather performance.
Personally, I'd rather have my pistol work every time i pull it out of the holster, otherwise what's the point of having a pistol? lol

Some metal slide guns CAN be a great mix of functional, cool, and reliable. And some plastic pistols can be junk. But it's important to know what you want before you buy it.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 13:17   #27
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metcarfre View Post
What specifically is hard to come by for these?
They're discontinued so if the frame breaks you'll have to buy a whole new gun to replace. The mag release is a different shape so guarder and other brands that fit TM g17 will not fit a we G19.

G19 mags are shorter than g17 mags but are about 10% more cost worthy and won't work on other common Glocks (like the g17).

In general it's no big deal but you just need OEM parts for a discontinued pistol and magazines meant for cross compatibility so you'll always look like you're running extended mags.

Other than that it's a nice short gun that's really well balanced...
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2017, 19:05   #28
Dumblins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
You can get better reliability than a plastic slide if you get one of those fancy $300-$600 titanium slides that weight the same amount. But that's a whole other pistol in cost.

Point is, the lighter slide takes less gas to cycle, so you get more efficiency, and most importantly, better cold weather performance.
Personally, I'd rather have my pistol work every time i pull it out of the holster, otherwise what's the point of having a pistol? lol

Some metal slide guns CAN be a great mix of functional, cool, and reliable. And some plastic pistols can be junk. But it's important to know what you want before you buy it.
So let's say I'd go with a TM since you kinda got me convince on their reliability and efficiency, I've been looking at their models and I stopped on two of them which are the Toky Marui P226 Rail and the Tokyo Marui HK45.

At this point is just a personnal preference or do you suggest one more than the other ?
Old March 26th, 2017, 19:10   #29
Datawraith

Yes, kind of a personal preference to see how much you like the aesthetics and ergonomics of one or the other. However, my P226 imploded pretty quickly without warning for no reason at all... and it's known to have an issue of the slide catch wearing down the BBU.

Go with the HK45 or USP-C or M&P9 or PX4. Those have the newest architecture and I haven't heard anything bad about them (except for minor things like the trigger on the M&P).
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2017, 10:58   #30
Dumblins

Datawraith, thanks for the testimonial !

I really like the HK45 even though it's a little bit more pricey. Do all pistols can take Green Gas and CO2 as well ?
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion