Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Is airsoftmi.ca legit and quality guns?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 1st, 2019, 12:26   #1
AlexTheGunMan

Is airsoftmi.ca legit and quality guns?

Hi,

Does anyone ever ordered from them, they have a very nice website and seem to have quite a variety of guns not too expensive I guess..
Let me know if you guys ever ordered there!
AlexTheGunMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2019, 14:27   #2
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTheGunMan View Post
Hi,

Does anyone ever ordered from them, they have a very nice website and seem to have quite a variety of guns not too expensive I guess..
If there is any doubt there is no doubt. That's the first thing they teach you.
Old January 1st, 2019, 21:59   #3
HarleyF

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTheGunMan View Post
Hi,

Too good to be true?
I'm interested in if this is a legit site. If I order anything I'll keep you posted, seems like a newly built site with not too much product.

Last edited by HarleyF; January 1st, 2019 at 22:02..
HarleyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2019, 22:09   #4
RainyEyes

You guys know you don't have to make separate accounts. There's a section for retailers if you want to advertise...
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2019, 09:25   #5
Drakker
Official ASC Geomorphologist

Wow... More expensive crap. Only low quality guns to be found and they are more expensive than other well established retailers. Pass.

Québec province's master age verification representative.
Drakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2019, 12:36   #6
James123x

I actually made an order from them on Monday, my shipment arrived yesterday so shipping times are acceptable.. I bought the WG Full Metal US Combat 1911 CO2 for a fairly great price with free shipping, ends up being a pretty nice quality gun
I would recommend though there could be more products offered but very satisfied overall
James123x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2019, 13:58   #7
Danke

Super; an unfieldable pistol from bottom of the barrel maker from a nondescript store operated out of moms basement that'll fold it's tents at the first problem.

You got lucky my friend. Now if all is normal somewhere around the tenth to twentieth customer will have an issue and that store will vanish.

Just kidding; it's really not super at all.
Old January 4th, 2019, 14:10   #8
Drakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by James123x View Post
I actually made an order from them on Monday, my shipment arrived yesterday so shipping times are acceptable.. I bought the WG Full Metal US Combat 1911 CO2 for a fairly great price with free shipping, ends up being a pretty nice quality gun
I would recommend though there could be more products offered but very satisfied overall
How can you even say that? You paid 150$ for that low quality gun, yet a quick google search would have allowed you to find the same gun for 89$ in another Canadian store.

Old January 4th, 2019, 14:12   #9
Ourindar

Sssshhhh, don't scare away the new accounts that always post after a new account posts a new store.
Ourindar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2019, 15:25   #10
Drakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ourindar View Post
Sssshhhh, don't scare away the new accounts that always post after a new account posts a new store.
Quiet... I'm trying to send a subtle message to the store owner.

Old January 4th, 2019, 15:30   #11
Cr0nik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
How can you even say that? You paid 150$ for that low quality gun, yet a quick google search would have allowed you to find the same gun for 89$ in another Canadian store.
This.

I took a look around the site, the prices definitely seem to range from average to higher than they should be. What I really don't like though is that a bunch of their product listings don't include basic info like the gun's brand/manufacturer and model name; can't shop around and compare prices with other sites if you don't know what you're looking at. That and the fact that its all low end stuff makes me think its been setup to take advantage of new players.

Also there's no basic company information; email, physical location, shipping from etc.

Last edited by Cr0nik; January 5th, 2019 at 20:06..
Cr0nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2019, 15:36   #12
James123x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakker View Post
I'd like to see that my friend, did my research already and did it again I can not find anything with a lower price for now for this particular gun. Airsoft station sells it at 91$CAD but it cost you over 30$ shipping to Canada plus 40 to 50$ in duty fees..
150$ no taxes & free shipping was a pretty good deal to me plus it arrived fast and got a great service from the owner
Send me the link and we'll see about that 89$ gun
James123x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2019, 16:10   #13
Drakker

Uuuh... I'm kind of in a bind here. I can't give a direct link to a store to a user that is not age verified (old rule, but it still applies). But if you search for "wg co2 1911" on google.ca, it will be on the second page, or the first page if you increased your number of results per page to something bigger than 10 in the google settings. The picture will show an all black version, but you can select two tones before adding it to your cart. Note that google heavily customizes search results depending on how much information is has collected on you, so the link might not have the same ranking for you and might appear in the first page or third or something else. The price on that store in $88.99.

Old January 5th, 2019, 16:20   #14
Cr0nik

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
You guys know you don't have to make separate accounts. There's a section for retailers if you want to advertise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by James123x View Post
Send me the link and we'll see about that 89$ gun
I think Drakker is referring to one listed on H*** a store in Ontario, same brand but its a slightly different model for $89 CAD. However H*** does have the exact same model for $135 CAD + HST and shipping which would have worked out to around $165. You basically saved Ontario taxes by buying a half plastic Non blow back 1911 from a retailer that doesn't list his business and shipping location/country of origin. You easily could have been hit with Canadian tax and import duties or a surprise CBSA inspection. Just because a website is hosted in on a .ca domain doesn't mean the company is located in Canada, or that the products have already cleared Canadian customs.

And I dunno man, for what you spent +$50-70 you could have got a 1911 with a 1911 trigger, Co2 blowback, a more reputable brand like KJW or Elite Force, from a reputable established Canadian retailer.

Update:
As of this evening the site now says its located in Quebec, and lists a Quebec business address.
I hope they are legit, I hope they improve their product descriptions and pricing, I hope they are successful and contribute to the sport, and I hope you enjoy your gun "James".
Your purchase decision was still risky and I don't think anyone here would recommend that new players volunteer to be the first ones buying from sites with no established reputation.

Last edited by Cr0nik; January 6th, 2019 at 00:06.. Reason: Update
Cr0nik is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion