Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TRAINING in BC, Ex-British Military Instructor

:

Tactics, Techniques and Procedures

Old July 17th, 2014, 16:51   #1
VonLuck

Question TRAINING in BC, Ex-British Military Instructor

Gents,

I'll intro myself quickly and then move on...

I served 10 odd years as a full-time soldier in the Queens Mil (British Army), and have six Operational tours in Iraq and Afghan as an Operator, TL, STL, and Small Arms Instructor.

I have been doing a bit of a recce to find out if people here in BC would be interested in receiving training in FIBUA (Fighting in Built Up Areas), house to house or CQB, CQC... Whatever the kids are calling it now...

I was looking at putting together a 2 day course which would cover everything from billy basics to breaching and dominating rooms/buildings. Maybe go into hostage rescue, searching enemy dead and eventually expanding to the outdoors, fieldcraft, and a bit of long range sniper craft.

This would be more to get you right into the thick of the fun shit without all the crap that comes with the real Mil...

Now, I wanted to know what kinda monetary levels people would be willing to pay for such a level of training? And how many would be interested before I started pricing up land plots in Chilliwack.

Cheers for the reply's and hopefully we can get this facility on the go for you lads...

Best regards,

VonLuck
VonLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2014, 14:30   #2
KenTsui

There aren't many indoor venues that will allow anyone to really utilize these skills. Justifying to pay for these instructions will be difficult. Participation for such course will likely be of personal interest.

Now, I've taken sniper clinics that are run outdoors and I would've gladly paid $20-30 (easily the price of a regular game) per day. That's because I know I will be able to use these skills and apply them to almost every game I play.

So, for myself, I would say about $30 per day is a good starting point depending on the depth of the lessons, if I wanted to improve my CQB tactics. As it is now, I will likely not even want to participate. I'd be more interested in the "billy basics", squad tactics, and basic weapon manipulation.
Old August 28th, 2014, 14:46   #3
Danke

Are you plugged in here yet?

http://www.lowermainlandairsoft.ca/f...566404debea398

If not I'd say start there.
Old August 28th, 2014, 14:49   #4
Schoolboy

You've got my attention there brew. I'm more than interested.
Schoolboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2019, 11:32   #5
Ratters

Tactical training in BC

I would go and have a chin wag with the owner of Panther Paintball. He owns a vast amount of land, has a LARGE collection of military vehicles and combat vehicles on private land.

He is also a member of the Canadian Historic Military Museum which incidentally used to occupy space at the old Chilliwack Base so he may have contacts and leads on plots.

The other option to consider is the Panther paintball field itself. It is already set up with cabins, varying terrain, quasi-urban combat areas, open areas and highly dense wooded areas. Running something mid-week might work out well considering weekends are reserved for gameplay.

This might be a good place to start
Old August 11th, 2019, 13:20   #6
Danke

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Flight Test?

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Tactics, Techniques and Procedures