Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Tiger Stripe Goes Digital...

:

Gear Discussion

Old July 7th, 2006, 22:46   #16
made Man

Send a message via ICQ to made Man
Point of the digi patters is that there no actuall pattern. Having a tiger stripe patter kinda defeats the purpose, eh?
You dont choose who you love, love chooses you; and that little fucking son of a bitch sticks itself to your face like the godless bloodsucking bastards in Alien and refuses to let go until it has drained your soul and left you an empty shell of a human being.

I am worth $2,106,266.00 on HumanForSale.com

<axel026> i need help please
<^cell^> do you have an appointment?
<axel026> im french
<^cell^> i see... thats a terrible disorder
made Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2006, 16:16   #17
rc_p120

Send a message via MSN to rc_p120
That's true, seems like kind of a gimmick to me. But I'm sure the pattern is still very effective.

Pvt.Vince, can you give me a link to the website that told you the US Navy is being issued ACU? Only article I could find (March 2006) told me they are still going ahead with their retarded blue pattern.

Thanks

My archived Buy and Sell user ratings
rc_p120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2006, 09:56   #18
Vince

Yeah that must have been some sort or false article... found this on Navy page
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Navy experimental.jpg (81.6 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg Navy experimental 2.jpg (94.2 KB, 57 views)
Old July 19th, 2006, 11:02   #19
MadMorbius
lol fucking NAVY in camouflage....if you fall off the fucking ship, the LAST thing you want is to be invisible. If you crawl your way to land, you might as well be in a flourescent jumpsuit for all the good that shit will do.

They should save a few bucks and just put them in reverseable jumpsuits. Orange on one side, Sage on the other.

The US Air Force is trialing semi-pixelated tigerstripe, after shitcanning the blue tigerstripe after troops were embarassed to be seen in it:

"Air Force tasks Tiger Stripe Products to assemble private sector project team. TSP consuls and instructs AF Clothing Office (WPAFB) in taking project from idea to production. TSP assembles team from several different areas of manufacturing and begins project.

TSP redesigns our copyrighted Original Vietnam Tiger Stripe™ pattern for Air Force tiger stripe pattern. Air Force given several different color schemes including combat ready camouflage colorways. Air Force leadership chooses blue/gray color scheme which, not surprisingly, fails the acceptance of Air Force personnel."

Pun intended.

It looks ok, but a little "washed out". Yet another pattern that seems to be specifically designed with the Middle East in mind.
Old July 19th, 2006, 16:37   #20
Vince

Looks like darker ACU
Old July 20th, 2006, 01:01   #21
rc_p120

Send a message via MSN to rc_p120
The USAF pattern doesn't look too bad. I'll reserve judgement until I see it first-hand, or at least some pics of it in actual use.

Anyone else think the US military over all would be better spending this money on some other program? A whole different fancy fuck camo pattern for every branch just screams friendly-fire if you ask me.

My archived Buy and Sell user ratings
rc_p120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 01:18   #22
CaptGeist

Yes. I live in the US and right now all the branches are kind of scattered camo wise. We had some National Gaurd guys doing security at a local event a few months ago, and i saw ACU, Desert Digi, and woodland, and all the soldiers were just back from iraq. Ive never seen that navy crap before though, it does seem a little pointless. I wish they would just stick all of our guys in marpat, (It pwns cadpat, even though it was based on cadpat, i think cadpats too bright IMO), but for some reason every branch has to have a different camo. Nice for distinction but its a little confusing for a normal person who isent as informed as people like us.
CaptGeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 14:26   #23
Goldman

Send a message via MSN to Goldman
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGeist
Yes. I live in the US and right now all the branches are kind of scattered camo wise. We had some National Gaurd guys doing security at a local event a few months ago, and i saw ACU, Desert Digi, and woodland, and all the soldiers were just back from iraq. Ive never seen that navy crap before though, it does seem a little pointless. I wish they would just stick all of our guys in marpat, (It pwns cadpat, even though it was based on cadpat, i think cadpats too bright IMO), but for some reason every branch has to have a different camo. Nice for distinction but its a little confusing for a normal person who isent as informed as people like us.

IIRC the commandant of the Corps holds the patent on MARPAT, and has stated its for the USMC only, so outfitting all US Armed Forces with it isn't going to happen.

Something I'm wondering about the Navy pattern.... Well right now for BDUs the Navy uses US woodland and US 3 colour desert right? Seals, being part of the navy must wear its branches BDUs... so would the SEALs also be forced to wear this stuff?

My Buy/Sell 1337ness rating
Goldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 16:14   #24
Mustang019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldman
Quote:

IIRC the commandant of the Corps holds the patent on MARPAT, and has stated its for the USMC only, so outfitting all US Armed Forces with it isn't going to happen.

Something I'm wondering about the Navy pattern.... Well right now for BDUs the Navy uses US woodland and US 3 colour desert right? Seals, being part of the navy must wear its branches BDUs... so would the SEALs also be forced to wear this stuff?
No, because the SEALs is more independant than people used to think. In other word they can choose what they want.
Mustang019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 16:17   #25
Vince

When you say they were wearing a pair of Levis jeans and an ERDL shirt in Vietnam, you understand how independant they are...
Usual to see pictures of a group of seals with none of the guys geared up the same way... one in full TS, one in full ERDL, one mixed TS/ERDL one Levis/ERDL etc etc... weird bunch those seals
Old July 20th, 2006, 17:05   #26
MrEvolution
MrChairsoft

well after learning how to kill someone 20 diff ways with just your thumb, id imagine you'd be weird too.
MrEvolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2006, 17:08   #27
skitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEvolution
well after learning how to kill someone 20 diff ways with just your thumb, id imagine you'd be weird too.
urban legend............
skitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2006, 01:52   #28
CaptGeist

Yup. Seals, Delta, basically all US Spec Ops guys get free pic of what they want to wear and shoot. Heck, even the regular army gets to pick its weapon, i havent seen a regular M16 in months, most soldiers have M4s or Uber moded 16s.
Old July 21st, 2006, 02:00   #29
pugs144

Quote:
Heck, even the regular army gets to pick its weapon, i havent seen a regular M16 in months..
...in months?? In months of what, ogling every thread at Militaryphotos.net? Newsflash: That doesn't count as operational experience....Captain.

Quote:
most soldiers have M4s or Uber moded 16s.
*SIGH*
Blarney, is that you?
pugs144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2006, 12:30   #30
CaptGeist

Nope months of news videos and research in pictures and books. Its a known fact that most American units in Iraq are using M4s as opposed to M16s. Most of the fighting in Iraq now is urban and CQB type stuff anyway, therefore, most American soldiers now use M4s, plus, the new American M16s are starting to do away with automatic and burst options, however the M4 retains both. Im not stupid, i know what im talking about.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion