Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My woodland shoots

:

USA

Old May 5th, 2011, 11:12   #31
Frozen Tex

Now that you've seen the error of your ways, my initial advice regarding kneepads and comms stands.

Delenda Est Carthago
Frozen Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:14   #32
ravan318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Tex View Post
Now that you've seen the error of your ways, my initial advice regarding kneepads and comms stands.
lol thanks again, I'll definitely keep that in my mind. (I've actually thought about changing the earpiece to the swimmer ones that you've mentioned.. I hope they aren't too expensive..)
ravan318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:36   #33
Frozen Tex

Replica headsets aren't that expensive from sites like eHobbyasia, etc. And I understand even REAL Bowmann/Swimmers aren't all that pricey, at least compared to genuine Comtac IIs... Just make sure you get the correct matching PTT with pins for your radio.
As for the kneepad inserts, get the padding, measure out the right size, then fold it in half for. Good amount of padding that isn't too thick or stiff. And make sure whatever padding you get isn't water absorbent; you don't want sponges on your knees.

Delenda Est Carthago
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:49   #34
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
See Ravan, we can play nice. Happy you handled things as you did and recovered your thread. Congrats.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2011, 12:11   #35
ravan318

Quote:
Replica headsets aren't that expensive from sites like eHobbyasia, etc. And I understand even REAL Bowmann/Swimmers aren't all that pricey, at least compared to genuine Comtac IIs... Just make sure you get the correct matching PTT with pins for your radio.
As for the kneepad inserts, get the padding, measure out the right size, then fold it in half for. Good amount of padding that isn't too thick or stiff. And make sure whatever padding you get isn't water absorbent; you don't want sponges on your knees.
thanks
yea as u saw, i had the replica, so i do need to find the matching headset from ehobbyasia. i visited their store and i cant express how excellent their customer service is. it's sth that uncompany falls short of in comparison. btw r the pads really popular ?
Old May 5th, 2011, 12:22   #36
ravan318

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
See Ravan, we can play nice. Happy you handled things as you did and recovered your thread. Congrats.
thx. it's ur methods which demonstrated of how ought to be, so it influences mine too.
Old May 5th, 2011, 12:25   #37
Frozen Tex

Popular? Dunno... This was discussed over in the Force Recon/MARSOC thread, but you don't see plastic capped kneepads as much as you used to in pictures of troops in Iraq and A-Stan. I can't tell if they're using inserts, but since the space is there for them... Why not? I'll still definitely use. Hard pads for CQB/MOUT ops, but for woodland/greenside inserts should be fine.

Delenda Est Carthago
Old May 5th, 2011, 12:42   #38
ravan318

Quote:
Popular? Dunno... This was discussed over in the Force Recon/MARSOC thread, but you don't see plastic capped kneepads as much as you used to in pictures of troops in Iraq and A-Stan. I can't tell if they're using inserts, but since the space is there for them... Why not? I'll still definitely use. Hard pads for CQB/MOUT ops, but for woodland/greenside inserts should be fine.
oh ic, so that's wt it's for. thanks for the new knowledge
wt u mean is that i can take apart my current kneepads?
Old May 5th, 2011, 13:04   #39
Frozen Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravan318 View Post
oh ic, so that's wt it's for. thanks for the new knowledge
wt u mean is that i can take apart my current kneepads?
No.

I mean that newer uniforms (Army Combat Uniform, Marine Corp Combat Utility Uniform) and many "Tactical" cargo pants have space in the knees to insert thin pieces of foam padding. This may be something adopted to the purpose such as toolbox/drawer liner, or a purpose made and shaped insert. NOT taking apart hardshell kneepads. Of course, if your pants are old-school BDUs, then this is a moot discussion as they don't have an opening in the reinforced knees.

EDIT: Try Googling "ACU knee inserts"; you'll get some images to see what I mean, some suggestions I hadn't thought of (mouse pads! Of course!), as well as links to buy purpose-made Skydex inserts.

Delenda Est Carthago

Last edited by Frozen Tex; May 5th, 2011 at 13:13.. Reason: extra info.
Old May 20th, 2011, 09:09   #40
iceman3994

Also on that note, the gloves are really too big for you. You need a smaller size. Flight gloves are to be tight around the fingers so you don't lose your ability to use the fingers when flying. The way you wear them is all wrong. They are to be long as well as they are to cover any exposed skin while in flight in case of a fire.
Old May 24th, 2011, 23:58   #41
J-Man19

Didn't read all the comment, dear god trigger control.
Finger stays out of the trigger guard until you are ready to shoot.
gun pointed up/down = finger off trigger.
J-Man19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2011, 17:35   #42
Lord of Rebirth

What is the mesh hood piece?
Lord of Rebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > USA