Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Quality of Velocity Arms' HK416

:

Newbie Tank

Old September 17th, 2009, 16:06   #1
stealthy1

Quality of Velocity Arms' HK416

Hi guys, I used the search but I believe that I didn't get what I was looking for. Anyway, I was browsing on sites to buy my first gun, and I stumbled upon Velocity Arms' custom HK416, or the VK416
[linky: http://velocityarms.ca/index.php?mai...oducts_id=334]

My question is does anyone have an idea if this is a good gun to start out? I'm appealed by the price and the stuff in it. I'm not looking for a super blazing, high ROF/velocity gun, just something I can use to start plinking in the garage and to bring out to a game once in a while. And is this a better starter than the G&G M4 Commando? (I'd like to get an HK416, but from what I researched, the SRC HK416 is non-existant and the JG HK416 is available but rare-coincidentally, where would I get one-do I have to ask a retailer to import?)

Oh and as per the AV thing, I've PM'ed Optix already. I will be taking a look in the classifieds once I get AV'ed, but I'd like to research my options. I know that this is probably not great compared to one from the classifieds, but I'd like to try to get my feet wet before diving in headfirst.

If flaming is a must, please go lightly! I have read all the threads on buying a new gun.

Thanks a lot guys!
stealthy1
stealthy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 16:11   #2
Tex

It is a JG with a clear poly lower. the lower is very strong far better than the G&G clear lowers.

YouTube - VA body strength

_/|

Last edited by Tex; September 17th, 2009 at 16:14..
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 16:22   #3
Donster

with the apparent upgrades already in the mechbox, along with the strength of the poly lower, i would stick with velocity arms guns, as far as Cansoft goes. If you want a metal body for your gun down the road, Dboys does make a full trade 416 body (however, the quality of that is always in question).
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2009, 16:34   #4
stealthy1

Thanks for the quick reply guys. So the VK416 is Cansoft? I remember that Ken at 007airsoft sells the G&G M4 Commando which was a Top Line G&G with a clear lower.

A metal body isn't too much of concern at the moment, I can just get some Krylon. But concerning internals (which is my concern), the VK/JG internals are better than G&G internals?

Oh yes, another question: if I were to put a Crane or Mod stock with a battery, would I have to rewire anything? I see that the 416 uses a PEQ-2 battery box. I'd like to try and use two battery holders (the stock and the PEQ) if they're available.

Otherwise, all things considered, the 416 would be better than the M4 Commando?

Thanks again guys
Old September 19th, 2009, 19:49   #5
stealthy1

Bump, and:

Okay I'm going to eat my words. After looking at the VK416, it looks like I'm going to need a metal lower as the VA one replaces it with their own logo. I want the full HK trades, whether the lower is plastic or whatever isn't a problem. But obviously only the full metal ones seem to have them.

My question is: is it hard to get a full metal lower in Canada? I've seen the HurricanE HK416 mod kit with the HK416 lower, but that costs $600 and I don't need the full lower if I'm going with this gun.
Then there's the lower itself but it looks like it says HKM4D? It's okay if I have no other choice.
Then I've read threads about the aforementioned DBoys one, but the quality issue makes me =S about it.
So what else do I have in terms of options for a metal lower?

And is it even possible to GET metal lowers into Canada? I mean, obviously not myself, I'd have to do it through retailers, but are they willing to bring them in?

I also saw a listing for a VFC HK416, would that be a better choice than this? (Keeping in mind cost and all..., the listing I saw has reinforced gears, new rubber hop-up, gone through 8K rounds, and was not fielded; its apparently the HK416 Super DX...haven't yet found a site that lists contents of stock box).

THANKS a lot for taking the time!
Old September 19th, 2009, 20:11   #6
GSK88

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthy1 View Post
Bump, and:

Okay I'm going to eat my words. After looking at the VK416, it looks like I'm going to need a metal lower as the VA one replaces it with their own logo. I want the full HK trades, whether the lower is plastic or whatever isn't a problem. But obviously only the full metal ones seem to have them.

My question is: is it hard to get a full metal lower in Canada? I've seen the HurricanE HK416 mod kit with the HK416 lower, but that costs $600 and I don't need the full lower if I'm going with this gun.
Then there's the lower itself but it looks like it says HKM4D? It's okay if I have no other choice.
Then I've read threads about the aforementioned DBoys one, but the quality issue makes me =S about it.
So what else do I have in terms of options for a metal lower?

And is it even possible to GET metal lowers into Canada? I mean, obviously not myself, I'd have to do it through retailers, but are they willing to bring them in?

I also saw a listing for a VFC HK416, would that be a better choice than this? (Keeping in mind cost and all..., the listing I saw has reinforced gears, new rubber hop-up, gone through 8K rounds, and was not fielded; its apparently the HK416 Super DX...haven't yet found a site that lists contents of stock box).

THANKS a lot for taking the time!
That VFC DX should run you clost to $900-ish...JG 416s are very common, there's usually one for sale in the classifieds. Metal lower receivers you can get in Canada but through a custom order only by one of the retailers. There's a guy selling the Gen. 2 JG416 which already comes with a metal receiver and MOSFET. If you're willing to spend the cash, get the VFC and have it checked by a local gun doc. VFC is pretty much the high end for 416s besides custom built ones.
Old December 28th, 2009, 21:07   #7
deadbolt

hello, i realise this is a dead topic, but i'm going to attempt to bring it back anyway

about the VA 416, i'm looking at buying one ATM and pretty much neerly have it in the bag.

but i would like to know, if this is a gun meant for masters, i realise it says it's for both beginners and masters, but come on i'm sure they say that about the canadian tire crap....

i have a friend who wants it a lot more that me, and he has never played AS before, and is not aware of the things that can go wrong with the guns.
so, what would i find as far as issues from a out of the box gun like this?

what sort of batery options should i go for? should i upgrade?
same goes for the motor, i want the sniper, so i need a above decent ROF ... so should i grab new gearbox?
with .25 or .30 can i expect 100 feet distance or lesser than that?

and one of the most important facts about this gun, how loud is it??
i baught a gun a while back... g&g ....sounds like an old doller store gun... terribly annoying.

thank you.
deadbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2009, 15:42   #8
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post

what sort of batery options should i go for? should i upgrade?
same goes for the motor, i want the sniper, so i need a above decent ROF ... so should i grab new gearbox?
with .25 or .30 can i expect 100 feet distance or lesser than that?

and one of the most important facts about this gun, how loud is it??
i baught a gun a while back... g&g ....sounds like an old doller store gun... terribly annoying.

thank you.
Stock 8.4v NIMH battery will be have a slow ROF and be noisier because it will take longer for the motor to spin up for every shot. Replacing it with a powerful Lipo battery will give you very fast ROF and turn over your motor so quickly you won't have time to notice the motor whine.

You want the sniper so you want high ROF? That makes no sense at all. If you want to snipe, shoot in semi-auto.

Stock JG 416s are pretty consistently 400 FPS from the 3 that I've seen in person. That will give you at least 150 feet. If you are lucky, even 180+ feet in range with 0.25s
Old December 29th, 2009, 23:51   #9
deadbolt

okay, i apologise i substituded ROF for FPS.. my apologies.

i want a hard shooting gun

now, JG? is that velocity arms? or 007 or another random CAN site?

cheers.
Old December 30th, 2009, 06:31   #10
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua

Quote:
okay, i apologise i substituded ROF for FPS.. my apologies.

i want a hard shooting gun

now, JG? is that velocity arms? or 007 or another random CAN site?

cheers.
Velocity Arms HK416 is JG
Old December 30th, 2009, 10:47   #11
coach
aka coachster

The JG mech box is decent. I hammered on it in sub zero weather but it was not JG stock. Spring was swapped for a modify s100 so it is shooting a little softer. Expected it to break but it didn't. Not the best box you could use but definitely an alternative. It's still a little noisy especially in a full metal shell. The JG box with a downgrade spring, and a few other small upgrades, sings with a 9.6v mini. Just ask Zeon. He ate plenty of rounds during his terminator game.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 16:20   #12
deadbolt

hrmm... food for thought.

tell me, if i bought that gun today, at 350, how much more should i expect to pay on making it top of the line?
i'm planning on buying two ...
Old December 30th, 2009, 16:40   #13
KoolAidMan

Quote:

tell me, if i bought that gun today, at 350, how much more should i expect to pay on making it top of the line?
Get age verified and you can buy a full metal hl416 with trades for close to that price or a gas one : ) for a bit more.

In all respects its not bad i suggest getting the s system much better deal for the $ as long as you don't mind the clear and you can always full metal it with a Classic army or g&p body once your Aved for around 200$ so 500 for A jg with supperior exterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
KoolAidMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2009, 20:39   #14
deadbolt

i can't get age verified no one in my proximity is able to do it.
neerest person is aproxamitly 4 hours.

the JG has the highest FPS and has the sexiest body

what is the 'S' system? who makes it? is it on the real airsoft store, or velocity arms??
Old December 30th, 2009, 21:08   #15
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua

Quote:

I have never seen the Velocity Arms version in person but I assume it's just the normal JG gun with their own clear receiver on it.

If it is based on the latest JG model, then it is already a top of the line gun internally with a 400 FPS spring, bearing spring guide, bearings one of the gear bushings, etc. and you won't have to spend a dime aside from perhaps a better battery.

The Velocity Arms guy is on vacation or something though so you won't be getting the gun soon.

The only thing I would want for that gun is a metal body.

As for the S-System, it's another common AEG. JG makes a version as well. I don't know if VA has one. Go google and look it up yourself.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank