Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Open chamber WE M4/Scar/PDW/G39/l85

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old April 17th, 2012, 19:18   #136
Heerven

Ok for the bucking. but in single fire it should good so not sure it's the problem.
Also I use propane and do everything you say for maintenance.
Might be double feeding after all

Heerven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 21:48   #137
Shirley
A-56 aka Mr.Hitman

New WE mags!
RA TECH WE NEW GBB MAGS DEBUT - YouTube

CANADIAN AIRSOFT PRACTICAL SHOOTING (CAPS)
CAPS DIRECTOR # 0047
Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 22:22   #138
horto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hitman View Post
Ones that don't suck?
If that is the case maybe I can be persuaded to give gbbr's another go
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:53   #139
KheSan

Quote:
New WE mags!
RA TECH WE NEW GBB MAGS DEBUT - YouTube
Would love to try these. I found one of my brand new mags leaking the other night. Bought a month or so ago but never used. I always load a little gas in to keep pressure on the seals but found this one completely deflated. I took it apart and tight everything up and shot a little silicon lube inside before sealing it back up and refilling gas and it seems to have stopped the leak - for now.
KheSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 17:52   #140
R1ghty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KheSan View Post
Would love to try these.
Me too... as long as its try and not buy.... it's a big wad of coin when you hit the 10mag mark.

Anyone try the Blue RA-Tech rubber yet?
R1ghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2012, 18:23   #141
SINN

Send a message via MSN to SINN
Do you mean for the hop up sleeve?

If so, I have and it shoots incredible. A little stiff at first while it was broken in, but was shooting super long and straight. After a couple of mags on semi, the action was back to feeling nice and smooth.
Old April 20th, 2012, 18:54   #142
R1ghty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINN View Post
Do you mean for the hop up sleeve?

If so, I have and it shoots incredible. A little stiff at first while it was broken in, but was shooting super long and straight. After a couple of mags on semi, the action was back to feeling nice and smooth.
Quote:
RA-Tech Hop-Up Rubber WE Open Bolt System - NEW
Quoted from ASP. I call it what the retailers call it, even if it is incorrect.. example: buffer tube..

That's good to hear it shoots well, as I just bought one ;D
R1ghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 17:43   #143
Coresair

Hey all!

I was thinking of building a 2nd upper for my M4. Since my current set up sports a 10.5" barrel I was thinking on building something longer for the new upper.

The Thing :

I am going for a 16" with this : Beta Project 16" Outer

The Problem :

a 16" barrel is about 406.4 mm and I can't find a 400-407 mm inner barrel for WE GBBs. I can only find two close (but no cigar) alternatives : 380 and 440 mm inners. the 380 is 20mm short while the 440 would require some cutting/crowning and I don't have the tools nor the know-how.

Does anyone know of a brand or make that would have a 400mm inner that might have slipped past me somehow? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Coresair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2012, 17:53   #144
Deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coresair View Post
Hey all!

I was thinking of building a 2nd upper for my M4. Since my current set up sports a 10.5" barrel I was thinking on building something longer for the new upper.

The Thing :

I am going for a 16" with this : Beta Project 16" Outer

The Problem :

a 16" barrel is about 406.4 mm and I can't find a 400-407 mm inner barrel for WE GBBs. I can only find two close (but no cigar) alternatives : 380 and 440 mm inners. the 380 is 20mm short while the 440 would require some cutting/crowning and I don't have the tools nor the know-how.

Does anyone know of a brand or make that would have a 400mm inner that might have slipped past me somehow? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
One solution would be 440mm plus a stubby silencer to hide it

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2012, 17:03   #145
kullwarrior

Just an update, I spoke to RA-Tech the day before, they have gen2 mag instock for WE M4
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:27   #146
kullwarrior

two things
WE M4 nozzle breaking potential reason:
The outerbarrel end where the delta ring fixed it to the receiver has an O-Ring, make sure it's not damaged, DO NOT over tighten the delta ring, doing so can result in the hopup chamber sit too far back and causing the bb to misfeed (at best) and/or nozzle loading tab to break (typical)
If your outer barrel O-Ring is worn (typical if you disassemble couple of times) you can use the main nozzle O-Ring as a replacement (I'd assume you would break a nozzle anyways, why not salvage what's left of the broken nozzle)

Gen 2 Magazine Initial impression:
The outer magazine shell has been painted with a flat finish, gen 1 mags (all the gen 1 I've seen) have some semi-gloss to it. The finish appears to be slighly more wear resistant.

The five magazines I've ordered, non leaked (they're all shipped semi-pressurized -no liquid but definitely some green gas in there) Gen1 magazine I ordered had 1 leak initially (despite being semi-pressurized) all gen 1 magazine I had all developed leak in the end.

The feedlips, anti-dry fire mechanism, follower are identical to the gen 1 (open chamber)

The metal resovior used is similiar to those of G36 magazine (and AK series), the black paint can be scrape relatively easily (comapred to gen1) Gen2 magazine resovoir temperature drops faster than gen1 -This can be good and bad. Good when environment is hot and mag is cold, bad when it's opposite.

I find the Gen2 magazine still less gas efficient than the 20 rounder (it's still a shell design afterall)

Initial summary:
If you're looking for WE new AR magazine, get the gen2 and save the hassle. Gen2 magazine price from WE factory is the same as Gen1, if any retailer is charging extra they're being greedy. I would recommand against buying Gen1 magazine unless it's a really good deal (ie good/excellent condition, 50% of new price, and reseal non-leaking)
I purchased mine from RA-Tech, cost $32/mag shipping was $40 (for five mags) If Canadian retailer is selling more than $50 per pop+shipping and you're buying 4+ magazines, I would recommand buying overseas unless you can save shipping.
-> Hate to say it, $50-$60 for a $32/mag+shipping magazine is a bit ridiculous.
Old May 19th, 2012, 23:58   #147
Aurelien

Hi guys, I've recently upgraded my 416 from closed to open, and I'm having some issues.

I'd *thought* the upgrade kit I bought had the tabs on it (as per Eeyores post), but sadly I was mistaken. I've tried to make some up to pull the hop unit forwards, though since the mag feed lips are still hitting the hop, I suspect its not far enough forwards. When I'm firing, about half the shots are dribbling out the barrel, and half are flying well out (though over hopped).

What I'm thinking is that the unit is too far back, and some rounds are getting pushed past the hop rubber. Assuming I make up some some better tabs to move everything forward, does it seem like it would work? I could shave the front of the nozzle etc, but with the mag lips still hitting the hop (and getting slightly damaged), I'm figuring this is a better fix.

Edit: Just taken it apart to test moving the whole hop unit forwards, and I see that the bolt will of course follow it deeper. I guess I'll redo the tabs to clear the mag lips, and shave the nozzle slightly.

Last edited by Aurelien; May 20th, 2012 at 00:16..
Aurelien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 03:06   #148
turok_t

FINALLY, RATECH ALUMINUM NOZZLE

RA TECH ALUMINUM NUZZLE DEBUT - YouTube
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2012, 04:10   #149
unknownvariable

I just got a WE 416 and a Gen 2 mag. Ironically broke the nozzle on the 3rd mag.

The Gen 2 mag is matte but so is the Gen 1 that came with the gun. The shells were identical and I couldn't tell them apart. Mine also had a small amount of gas in it. No leaks so far.

I checked a week or two ago and no one local (Canada..that I know of) has the Gen 2 mags yet so it isn't even an option if you want them now. I was told by a couple of people they have them on order and are just waiting delivery. I priced out a few and think you might save a few bucks if you can buy local.. or you might not. Pricing in asia and here (assuming Gen 2 costs about the same, and factoring in shipping) has some variance so it depends where you go. The mags are heavy and shipping from asia is costly in general.
unknownvariable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 11:45   #150
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownvariable View Post
I just got a WE 416 and a Gen 2 mag. Ironically broke the nozzle on the 3rd mag.

The Gen 2 mag is matte but so is the Gen 1 that came with the gun. The shells were identical and I couldn't tell them apart. Mine also had a small amount of gas in it. No leaks so far.

I checked a week or two ago and no one local (Canada..that I know of) has the Gen 2 mags yet so it isn't even an option if you want them now. I was told by a couple of people they have them on order and are just waiting delivery. I priced out a few and think you might save a few bucks if you can buy local.. or you might not. Pricing in asia and here (assuming Gen 2 costs about the same, and factoring in shipping) has some variance so it depends where you go. The mags are heavy and shipping from asia is costly in general.
If you buy local then maybe, if you have to buy and ship in Canada, no it's not worth it.

BTW
RA-Tech's Aluminium nozzle w/ NPAS is out.
$85 for the Nozzle+NPAS
$178 for the Complete Bolt carrier, NPAS, and Joint tool (saves $10, the two nozzle holder are included...not sure if it's the aluminium CNC version or the stock plastic one.

Personally I have some reservation on the aluminium nozzle's NPAS design.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications