Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New or used?

:

Newbie Tank

Old December 4th, 2010, 15:53   #1
porkchopz28

New or used?

So I'm looking to get into airsoft and was looking at cabela's at there G&G M4 Commando or there G&G M4 Carbine Package. And was thinking should I be buying a new gun to start off with, or should I buy a used gun that would could be cheaper and let me see what would work for me. I'm willing to spend the money buy don't want to buy gun and equipment and find that I don't use them. Also I don't buy a lot of stuff online but should I be looking online at canadian sites rather than buying a cabela's. The M4 is the gun that I like the most and cabela's happens to sell them plus G&G looks like they are a reputable company. I plan to spend a lot more time at the outdoor fields but will like something that would be manageable in the CQB area's as well.
porkchopz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 16:42   #2
kalnaren

most of the time, if you buy used, you'll get more equipment and better quality equipment than if you buy new.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 16:46   #3
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
most of the time, if you buy used, you'll get more equipment and better quality equipment than if you buy new.
+1, just make sure to check the trader rating for any feedback, you don't want to buy from someone who has a history of passing off broken guns as in working order.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 16:54   #4
L473ncy

.... I thought people were pussies about negative repping...

Anyways, OP 99% of the gear I have I've gotten used. I find that it can be better quality as well as cheaper and depending on the previous owner sometimes well taken care of. It's advised that you pursue getting AV'ed so that at least you can do some more comparative shopping and I've usually found that what you can find used (even if it's a bit more than a comparable new gun) is a lot better since you can get freebies like a few mags, an extra battery maybe, optics sometimes, or even like half a bag of BB's (never gotten that but I do remember an ad with the guy tossing in a half used bag of BB's since he was getting out anyways or something like that).
Old December 4th, 2010, 16:56   #5
Nakes

Keep in mind you cannot order these from Cabelas USA, as it will get seized at our border and you will lose your money.

I'm pretty sure all these items are indefinitly backordered from Cabelas Canada... Just get age verified on this forum and you can get anything you want in full metal.
Nakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 17:15   #6
fleuryfighter

Send a message via MSN to fleuryfighter
hes from winnipeg so he can just go to cabela's and they have the G&G instock in the store
Old December 4th, 2010, 17:22   #7
Strelok

they stock G&G rec from what I understand.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank