Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Mags jamming/feed issues?

:

Doctor's Corner

Old May 14th, 2012, 22:44   #1
KBarlow
attention whore wants a custom title.

Question Mags jamming/feed issues?

Ok, so I have five MAG brand 120 round mid-caps like the one in the photo above. I just purchased about 12 000 BBs from airsoftcentral.ca and they jam in my mags.

The diameter is 5.95mm and they just don't feed into my gun. The 5.93mm Bioval BBs I have feed perfectly. Even 5.95mm Matrix BBs feed fine.

What's the deal here?
Old May 14th, 2012, 23:53   #2
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

I actually had a mag not like my Bastards either and it was a mag similar to that. I can't explain it, Only time I've ever had a problem with a BB Bastard brand BB it seems that some mags are just picky in a weird way.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:22   #3
porkinglot

Send a message via MSN to porkinglot
I also have MAG brand 120 round mags, I cant use Madbull, wal-marts ,crappy tire bbs(only use them if you are 100% desperate).
For me its all about the polish. Only bb's with a very high polish will feed in my mags.
I've even washed mad bulls, but they still jam every other shot. The funny thing is. The madbulls have better tolerance than the bb's I am currently shooting. 5.95 +/- .01mm wont feed. 5.95 +/- .05mm feeds perfectly. Go figure.
porkinglot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 06:57   #4
coach
aka coachster

Lube you mag. Separate a mag full of BB's and put them in a ziplock bag. Add a drop of 100% silicone oil and mix. Load you may and manually release them all. You'll want a dedicated loader for this. Repeat with other mags.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 13:07   #5
KBarlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
Lube you mag. Separate a mag full of BB's and put them in a ziplock bag. Add a drop of 100% silicone oil and mix. Load you may and manually release them all. You'll want a dedicated loader for this. Repeat with other mags.
I'll try this. I've heard of dropping a bit of silicone into the hole on the mag, loading a few BBs, then pushing them up and down. I think your method would work way better though, as the BBs are binding when the mag is filled to capacity.
Old May 15th, 2012, 14:17   #6
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

I've had centrals jam in classic army m14 midcaps, the spring can't push them up in double stack cause for some reason they stick to each other. But on my double stack p90 mags MAG, PRO-A, KA, they all feed fine.

I have tried oiling those ca mags, I've tried sanding them so the BB chute is narrower, I've tried stretching the spring, everything. Those 2 mags are sitting on my desk waiting for a blast from a real steel shotgun.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 15:42   #7
slink182

Alt method to lubing mags - a short (fraction of a second) spritz of silicon spray into the mag's opening, and work the follower with a rod for a few strokes. Then load/unload the mag to help remove jaggies inside the magazine, lube the spring, etc. 2-3 cycles and the mag should be nicely lubed. Re-lube occasionally (spritz and strokes) every few games.

Works well for me.
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 18:23   #8
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkinglot View Post
I also have MAG brand 120 round mags, I cant use Madbull, wal-marts ,crappy tire bbs(only use them if you are 100% desperate).
For me its all about the polish. Only bb's with a very high polish will feed in my mags.
I've even washed mad bulls, but they still jam every other shot. The funny thing is. The madbulls have better tolerance than the bb's I am currently shooting. 5.95 +/- .01mm wont feed. 5.95 +/- .05mm feeds perfectly. Go figure.
Walmart and Crappy tire bbs NEVER use these in a gun if you value shit. Piss poor advice mate. NEVER EVER EVEN CONSIDER using wallyworld or crappy tire bbs in any airsoft gun worth using.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 00:26   #9
Tormented Penguin

I had CAs misfeed in my mags even after taking them apart and oiling them completely.. i switched to Madbull and they fed awesomely. I think it's the BBs not the mags.
Old May 16th, 2012, 18:34   #10
porkchopz28

I bought some king arms mags and they didn't feed well I lubed the mag and they feed great now. King arm mags are nice the spring is removable making cleaning and servicing mags easy.
porkchopz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 06:31   #11
porkinglot

Send a message via MSN to porkinglot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt Caliber View Post
Walmart and Crappy tire bbs NEVER use these in a gun if you value shit. Piss poor advice mate. NEVER EVER EVEN CONSIDER using wallyworld or crappy tire bbs in any airsoft gun worth using.

Hey hey, I said only if your 100% desperate. I wont load that crap into my guns. But I do have a few laying around from way back when. All im saying is they wont feed. And no, never use them. Bastards and King Arms are what I like personally.

Besides, my advice was to try a high polish BB. Not wal-marts
I don't want it going around that i'd actually recommend Wal-Marts. haha

I'm a confusing typist sometimes lol
porkinglot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 09:45   #12
Fenton

I just bought a new M4 that came with a 120 round mag (no markings on it) and it wouldn't take more than 75 bb's. I shot a short burst of silicone down the port and used a straw to work the spring and now 120 bb's load like butter.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 20:03   #13
KBarlow

Anyone used Green Label PMAGs in KWA AEGs?
Old May 20th, 2012, 01:37   #14
KBarlow

Used this method and my mags seem to be loading/feeding properly now, even when the spring is fully compressed. Loaded each mag twice with the same oily BBs to ensure coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
PS
KWA loader is also working better now :P

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner