Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CA P90 PROLINE (red dot edition) review

:

Reviews

Old January 8th, 2013, 21:44   #1
solidgear34

Unhappy CA P90 PROLINE (red dot edition) review

before i start anything, i got this gun from airsoft gi for $239.99 be advised that there will be a 50-80$ brokerage fee for mother fucking UPS.

INTRODUCTION:
i was looking around for some decent smg and one thing caught my eyes. classic army p90 pro line, full metal front receiver, poly lower, decent gearbox, and a built in red dot?!? what a good little package! so i hurried it down to order only to find that ups ended up raping me with a 80$ brokerage fee... so is this gun still worth it ? lets check it out!

FIRST LOOK:
first look was pretty nice, the metal receiver gave the gun a decent amount of weight and feel as well as a nice finish with some realistic markings on the top of the receiver (90 cal 5.7x29), the gun had a nice magazine that came with which gave no wobble.

EXTERNAL:
the gun's lower is made out of a polymer composite with a very unique grip and trigger design allowing it to include a vertigrip, increasing the control of the gun. the top metal receiver is made of what seems to be aluminum but feels a bit heavier, also the top metal receiver is sprayed with scratch resistance paint. trigger and selector switches are also polymer. the magazine it comes with is a 300 round high cap that has fake bullets built in for that extra special look, there is also a side rail located around the right of the weapon able to take standard 20mm rail accessories. gun also features back up iron sights on both sides as well as a ambidextrous... well everything!

INTERNAL:
(sadly no pics)
the gearbox is what seems to be a v6 7mm gearbox that has been reinforced throughout. can't really say much about it without opening it up but im afraid i might screw something up :sad: hopup is a decent plastic hopup with all the standard CA fixings. the barrel is a standard 246.5mm barrel that is pretty much the size for a m4 cqb.

FUNCTIONALITY:

most of the gun's functions were crisp and cool. the red dot sight takes 2 AAA batteries which is inserted in the front of the gun and sadly the red dot sights do not have zero paralax. the good news is that the red dot is bright enough to function in bright day. charging handle does jack nothing because the hopup is located in the bottom side of the bottom receiver. one of the bigger pet peeves is that the selector switch is somewhat hard to select to semi auto for it being built in very tight( both a plus and a minus) with gloves its a easy fix, but will lack the selector switch sound/feel that most are into. the red dot adjustment is also sort of confusing to handle as it requires both a tool included with the gun and a allen key. for perfect adjustment unscrew the red dot and add a washer into the side adjustment, i added one and now my red dot is zeroed in with the bb path (with no wind).

PERFORMANCE:

using .25g bbs it shot around 360-376fps from around 50-100ft with it hitting a man size target no problem. the rate of fire using a 8.4v 1600mah is fairly high and gives a nice grouping. using it in several milsim ops / skirmishes the thing has help up a incredible amount of abuse with it being constantly fired,banged against trees /rocks. held up like a beaut.

FINAL VERDICT:

great for field and cqb players, very unique and unusual and can deliver a great amount of kickass in a game. much recommended from me as the gun has held up extremely well.

Last edited by solidgear34; January 10th, 2013 at 13:12..
solidgear34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 22:06   #2
solidgear34

Old January 8th, 2013, 22:56   #3
iKliiu

Not related to the review, but did you have to pay taxes/duties as well?
iKliiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 23:08   #4
solidgear34

yes it was all included in the $84
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews