Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

CA M24 Military Version

:

Reviews

Old September 6th, 2012, 20:26   #16
SuperHog

My M28 shoots perfect out of the box so I am not touching it.

As for the CA M24, I looked down the barrel it looks like factory internal scratches. What is the best barrel for it? I only want to buy once.

And any thing that needs changing before it breaks over time. I want to change it now since I will be taking it a part.
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 20:35   #17
Strelok

Hmm.

From personal experience. Both the barrel, hopup and hopup unit need to go. It wouldn't hurt to get aftermarket barrel spacers as well.

As for the best~ I'd say anything PDI for the hopup related, and a prometheus 509mm for the tightbore barrel. I'm being a cheapass currently and sticking a madbull one in for now and it seemed to do just fine.

But to be honest, if you really want the gun to shine. Save up the cash and upgrade it all at once. PDI sells a piston and cylinder assembly which you just swap out and install, just add the stock spring if its one of the later versions.

I think in total, with shipping, it should all come to roughly 500 bucks.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 20:43   #18
SuperHog

A lot of people also say PDI for the upgrades. As for the spring, it came shooting 380fps, I guess that Canadian legal fps thing.

What spring does it need?
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 20:50   #19
Strelok

To be quite honest with you 380 is fine. When I had the former M24, it was only shooting 390 or so on .20's at the time. You don't exactly need insane velocities to reach out and hit someone. A good hopup and barrel does that just fine. Just upgrade everything else ,and then work up to the tougher spring if you feel you really need it.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 13:29   #20
tuansniper_Vietnam

woaaaa, M24, this is my dream!
tuansniper_Vietnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2012, 22:18   #21
chaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
A lot of people also say PDI for the upgrades. As for the spring, it came shooting 380fps, I guess that Canadian legal fps thing.

What spring does it need?
That's odd, mine came shooting around 440fps.
For upgrades I would avoid the PDI parts with the exception of their cylinder. Heard too many issues with the piston.
I opted out of a full PDI setup and went with their Cylinder with the stock cylinder head, Modify piston + Guarder piston head and a Modify bearing spring guide. Running the spring it came with for now. Going to keep the stock barrel as well (did a full clean and polish - will see how that goes).
Went with the clear Guarder bucking. Will have to test it out to see how much better its shooting now with .36's.

And to tuansniper_Vietnam --> Its a nice gun! Mine has been great so far and I am really enjoying it. The mags are a brittle and delicate. But that is fixed with a little bit of glue/epoxy/jbweld/etc.
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews