:

Reviews

Old September 30th, 2008, 09:05   #61
Kusco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORDENSNIPER View Post
USE IT AS A LONER GUN

DONT TOUCH IT leave it the way it is...

I ended up useing the gearbox and the stock for my project gun....

this gun is good as a rental and a backup.

if u want replace the things stated other than that dont do external mods...
what would be the best hopup unit to use for this gun?
Kusco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 11:01   #62
BORDENSNIPER

u can use G&G...it will take minor mods to fit it in though..mostly filing. maybe get longer screws that hold the tip of the muzzle under the handgrip so that they hold the barrel tight.

best advice: leave the gun stock. use a diferent battery and thats it, the internal upgrades that should be done are nozzle, bb spring guide and bushings. other than that leave it stock.

dont use or play with it too much, only in games use it it should last u a while.

it lasted me a few months until a took it apart..and thats with constant gaming and loaning.
BORDENSNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 13:33   #63
Kusco

thing keeps jamming though once in awhile. What batteries are best recommended?
Kusco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 14:00   #64
BORDENSNIPER

it james cause the stock mag is POS...just deal with it...use it for bursts and such....unless u find a compatible mag.

best batteries are anything other than the stock one. i.e. Firefox..Sanyo..tenergy
BORDENSNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2008, 23:41   #65
Christo

Bolt

I bought the clear version of the gun at www.airgunsource.com for 130$ around. I pretty happy with it, but there's a couple of things that piss me off. The two bolts located in the middle of the gun, to remove the half of the gun, keeps on getting loose and falls of,, Is this a company error or did i just screw it up?? Another thing is the stock sucks, its really loose. It jams all the time. It just doesnt look sturdy.
Old December 13th, 2008, 18:45   #66
marcwhite

Does anyone know where I can get a tm version of that?
marcwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 18:47   #67
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcwhite View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a tm version of that?
Get age verified, then by off the forums, used or new from retailers here.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2009, 18:01   #68
locogatillo

TF-16 shooting high

Hi,

I bought a TF-16 to have some fun indoors. I got a crossman electronic target which detect the impact of the BB and mark points according. Anyway my problem is that no matter how I tweak the elevation control the gun will shoot high. I check hop up and it's all the way counter clockwise so no hop up. The problem happen at any distance and the farther I go the hgher it hits the target.

any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

LocoGatillo
locogatillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2009, 18:55   #69
Strelok

Sounds like the gun is cranked up high for hopup.

Well, thats what you should expect from cheap guns. The hopup is probably damaged from the sound of it, if its anything like a marui, should be as easy as just popping the front and back pins out, remove the upper receiver, and slide the hopup and barrel out.

After you do that, look down the barrel and check if you can see a little lump poking out near the back and move the wheel. If the little bump doesnt move, its either jammed or broken.

Last edited by Strelok; December 11th, 2009 at 18:57..
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2009, 20:04   #70
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by locogatillo View Post
Hi,

I bought a TF-16 to have some fun indoors. I got a crossman electronic target which detect the impact of the BB and mark points according. Anyway my problem is that no matter how I tweak the elevation control the gun will shoot high. I check hop up and it's all the way counter clockwise so no hop up. The problem happen at any distance and the farther I go the hgher it hits the target.

any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks

LocoGatillo
Use heavier BB's. You should be using at least 0.20 weight, for outdoors though 0.25 or 0.28

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2010, 12:28   #71
Benfidel

ok i also own one of these...i am wondering how do i get to gearbox..and what is length of barrel for barrel upgrade.....and with .25 outta box this thing is great..just want to boost it alittle..
Benfidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2010, 16:34   #72
Hitman960

Send a message via MSN to Hitman960
Hey, I am relatively new to airsoft. I bought a Tactical Force TF16 from a buddy, and it worked great. But I have kinda the same problem. The clip seems to have been overwound, and it just happened with my aftermath AK47 also, kinda at the same game. Do I just go get new clips? And if so, does anyone know of some good places, cause I can't seem to find any that sell TF16 mags....

Feel free to email me at Hitman960@Hotmail.com.
Hitman960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 04:32   #73
andrew5826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman960 View Post
Hey, I am relatively new to airsoft. I bought a Tactical Force TF16 from a buddy, and it worked great. But I have kinda the same problem. The clip seems to have been overwound, and it just happened with my aftermath AK47 also, kinda at the same game. Do I just go get new clips? And if so, does anyone know of some good places, cause I can't seem to find any that sell TF16 mags....

any normal M4 mag will work i think
andrew5826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 08:20   #74
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman960 View Post

First, its a magazine, not a clip. And no, this isn't arguing semantics -a clip and a magazine are not the same device.

Second, hi-caps are designed so you can't overwind them. More likely it just broke because of poor quality. Any m4 mag should work in the tf-16 (i think) and any AK mag should work in the AK. Make note though that these guns aren't built to the tolerances of more expensive airsoft guns, so you may have fitment issues with the magazines.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2010, 13:55   #75
Strelok

Well, I can tell you right now STAR magazines won't work in the Kraken, way too loose.
Strelok is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews