Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&G M4 Pneumatic Blowback

:

Reviews

Old April 14th, 2009, 18:23   #1
IceTray
Majestic Mornings rocking it like a Queen

G&G M4 Pneumatic Blowback

Well, I was pleasantly surprised to receive this package today, courtesy of a white truck that said "Breast Cancer Awareness" on it. Wonderful. It was delivered promptly, and safely, purchased from Capital Airsoft for a great price, if you're interested, go check it out, I believe Jeff will provide you with a tracking number whether you ask or not, great guy to deal with. (You'll probably have to contact him personally as I don't think hes currently holding stock of rifles. june282009)

Last Updated June 28th 2009

Field Use
I've fielded the gun a few times now at long games. It preforms very well. For a gun that has yet to undergo any major internal upgrades, it holds itself up nicely to the challange. So for people buying the gun wondering if youll need to upgrade everything to compete with everyone else, no, you don't have to. The gun will work wonderfully without the massive upgrades, but over time naturally you will be required to upgrade parts of it, as things do die. So really, I can't complain about it. It's a solid gun, it works fine, can't complain. Thanks to Jeff for shoving my nose into the offer when he did! haha

Just a small video done to show the blowback, and an small accuracy test on semi and full auto. Provided it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'll do a larger distance accuracy test.
YouTube - G&GM4Pneumatic

Pictures at the end of this post.

Battery
The usual battery provided by G&G for almost all of their guns, so it works. It's preforms well, and charges pretty quickly with the charger G&G provides as well.

Shipping
It shipped quiet fast, considering I ordered it just before the weekend, overall it shipped in about 2 days, and was here at 9:30 in the morning. There was no shipping damage, everything was nicely in place, box was wrapped with brown paper, and taped up.. very well, almost slightly to well for the excited folks trying to get at their gun, haha. The company its shipped with also didn't feel content on leaving the package sitting at the door, so they knocked louder. And harder.

Performance
I did an accuracy test, using the hi-cap the gun came with. The accuracy is extremely good, I was overall impressed. Once the battery is charged, I'll do another test and film the results. The battery had died while doing the test, so it ruined what I did have recorded.

Disassembly and Reassembly
The majority of the gun comes apart very easily, everything is smooth going, and pretty much the same as the rest of the G&G M series. However the front pin on the lower receiver would require an obese amount of force to get back in, once its taken out, the plastic seems to readjust and no longer lines up with the hole, so the pin doesn't just slide back in like the back pin. Other than that, its very easy going. Theres a ball bearing under the fire selector that I was unaware of, should be watched.

Pictorals

Oh damn you Combat Machine.

Contents of the box, theres some Combat Machine BB's at the left, that I don't trust.

Usual CM receiver, not smoked, just very clear.

The not so removable iron sights.

It's just been bugging me, what are the letters, haha.

G&G stock, it rattles a small bit when locked at any adjustment, otherwise its pretty good.

Flash hider, not metal.

Carrying handle with adjustable sights, solid, doesn't rattle at all.. somehow others I've had make small sounds when moving with them.

Last edited by IceTray; June 28th, 2009 at 13:28..
IceTray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 18:30   #2
T_A_N_K

What was the total price landed to your door?
T_A_N_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 18:35   #3
jtjcheng

I believe that it doesn't have recoil, but do please let us know how much or none you feel.

It's always the best to get the first-hand experience from someone owning this gun. I've watched numerous online video reviews, but I'd like to get your opinions still.

A gun has them all...
jtjcheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 19:19   #4
IceTray

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_A_N_K View Post
What was the total price landed to your door?
According to my bank, I did an EMT of $395.00 to my door. (double checked, lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjcheng View Post
I believe that it doesn't have recoil, but do please let us know how much or none you feel.

It's always the best to get the first-hand experience from someone owning this gun. I've watched numerous online video reviews, but I'd like to get your opinions still.
There's a very minute amount (..very very minute) that can be felt in full auto, but there's a chance that's simply the regular feel of the gun (mechbox). The pneumatic system doesn't seem like a taker for much kickback, unfortunately.
Old April 14th, 2009, 19:52   #5
Frozen Tex

So what, exactly, is the point of this "pneumatic blowback" system? No kick? Does it go "BANG"? What?

Delenda Est Carthago
Frozen Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 19:59   #6
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
it makes it sound alot better and it looks cool

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 20:03   #7
IceTray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Tex View Post
So what, exactly, is the point of this "pneumatic blowback" system? No kick? Does it go "BANG"? What?
Similar to what Thenooblord said. Like most blow backs, its ideally just for aesthetics. It does make a louder noise, but other than that, aesthetics.
Old April 14th, 2009, 20:09   #8
Frozen Tex

Sooo... on an M4, it makes the bolt go back and forth? Not much to see there. Now, blowback on an M14, or AK type, SCAR, etc. Something with an exposed bolt handle that all your friends can see going back and forth. now THAT'd be something.

Delenda Est Carthago
Frozen Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2009, 20:48   #9
IceTray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Tex View Post
Sooo... on an M4, it makes the bolt go back and forth? Not much to see there. Now, blowback on an M14, or AK type, SCAR, etc. Something with an exposed bolt handle that all your friends can see going back and forth. now THAT'd be something.
True, however these bolts are usually heavier and the air being pushed probably doesn't have enough force to move a heavier bolt back and forth like that (if it can, it probably isn't noticeably far), unlike the mechanical blowbacks, but those wear more on your mechbox, and have a heftier price-tag, so basically you win some, you lose some. For the folks that want a neat little blowback system without dropping a heaping of cash, this is pretty good.
Old April 14th, 2009, 20:51   #10
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
and since its just a little gas tube to work it, its not going to explode in your face like a regular AEG blowback

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 13:29   #11
IceTray

I plan on throwing an accuracy and shot test video out there, but prior that that I did want to get into the gun. However I will now attest to the fact that these pins are held in with godly force.
I also noticed a single ball bearing sitting on the desk after removing the mechbox, problem is I didn't know when or where it fell out of. Props to whoever knows where its from, haha.

Last edited by IceTray; April 16th, 2009 at 14:34..
Old April 16th, 2009, 15:05   #12
BORDENSNIPER

if the mechboz has ball bearing bushings then thats were its from, unless ur reciever pins have ball bearings to keep them tightly in the body.
BORDENSNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 15:22   #13
Tex

did you remove you selector switch?
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2009, 15:59   #14
IceTray

Tex gets props, it was in fact from under the fire selector, thanks for that.
Just to dispell some rumors about the blowback - There's video's online currently that show it with hardly any motion, this happens when there is no bb being fired, most of the air will just go out the barrel, instead of to the chamber. Having a loaded mag when you shoot greatly affections the motion of the bolt.

Last edited by IceTray; April 16th, 2009 at 18:36..
Old April 16th, 2009, 20:48   #15
NoGear
likes being humiliated

can't wait to see the your vid (if your making one) and the overall review my friend wants one for his first gun would you reccomend?
NoGear is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews