sumrak and smersh

only to comparison one photo with jacket in green side

McTAZ
mctaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 07:04   #122
beastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conscript View Post
The shocking thing was I got it all for $160 Canadian, shipped from Europe. The lifchik was the biggest goddamn steal though, $30.
Nicely done conscript, do you have any pics of your impressions? looks like you have something to go on there (maybe using the Ukrainian camo (not 100% accurate I know), afghan chest rig and afghan cap for a 1980's VDV paratrooper look?)

Mctaz, nice loadouts as ever, I like the look: you look mean as hell! proper Spetnatz.

Just out of interest what boots do you use? I just got some Splav VDV lace ups and they are cool as hell: a very comfy boot. I will be using them next game for my more modern look Russian soldier.

General William Tecumseh Sherman
beastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 16:18   #123
mctaz
Primo Italiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastor View Post
Nicely done conscript, do you have any pics of your impressions? looks like you have something to go on there (maybe using the Ukrainian camo (not 100% accurate I know), afghan chest rig and afghan cap for a 1980's VDV paratrooper look?)

Mctaz, nice loadouts as ever, I like the look: you look mean as hell! proper Spetnatz.

Just out of interest what boots do you use? I just got some Splav VDV lace ups and they are cool as hell: a very comfy boot. I will be using them next game for my more modern look Russian soldier.
Thanks beastor.
I use one pair of old US ICB made by wolverine.

McTAZ
mctaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 13:02   #124
AirsoftComrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint_blackhand View Post
Hi there guys,
I like these pictures and I guess that they would go in this section,
Couple things:
I don't have a Balistic vest for this kit, tho I would get one if I knew where to get one.
I don't know what or if the tipical russian troop uses as a sidearm.

Any positive comments are very welcome, negitive not so much.

Here's a qoute about the red beret from red-alliance.
Quote:
This is a direct copy of NapalmNymphs (Red Alliance KGB Commisar) thread on the subject of red beret. I found it on our old page from the Glorious good old days of our group. While I know many of the Alliance already know and understand how important this is, I feel our new members should know as well.

Here it is...

"Important message to anyone wishing to do a Vityas impression.

It has been specifically requested from the 'real' red berets that you DO NOT wear the Red Beret with your Impression!

This Beret is earnt, by extreme hard work, dedication, bravery and sometimes not actually awarded until after the soldier has died in action.

To wear this Red beret without earning it would be considered VERY disrespectful not only to the active members who earned it, but also those who fell in combat and recieved it during their funeral.

So PLEASE PLEASE guys, NO RED BERETS!..... unless of course you want to go off and earn it yourself....

Vityas has no problem with the insignia and rest of the impression, and want to see them!"

When a new member comes to the "privyet" section, he or she will be directed to this topic immediately. Let it be so.

camo

If a real Vityas member ever sees you wearing that red beret he would probably bash your face in

+ loose the shemagh,only chechan terrorists wear shemaghs

Last edited by AirsoftComrade; February 28th, 2009 at 11:39..
AirsoftComrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2009, 21:36   #125
Conscript
AKaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastor View Post
I'm working on several load outs right now, I have a OMOH impression fully done, and I'm hard at work on a winter Soviet Motor Rifles impression, and a VDV impression, both from the afghan war.

My closet is full of gear and BDU's, I have several rare Russian camouflage, especially one of a early Belorussian VSR pattern from 1997 (When M97 BDU came out).
Conscript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 04:10   #126
Red Dawn

Send a message via MSN to Red Dawn
My contribution to the thread some game pictures

Old February 28th, 2009, 11:56   #127
AirsoftComrade

My contribution

Last edited by ex; April 21st, 2012 at 22:38..
Old February 28th, 2009, 12:06   #128
BootYourFace
face booty man

Send a message via MSN to BootYourFace
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirsoftComrade View Post
Here's a qoute about the red beret from red-alliance.

If a real Vityas member ever sees you wearing that red beret he would probably bash your face in

+ loose the shemagh,only chechan terrorists wear shemaghs
Most of us haven't earned the right to wear a military uniform. I would never think about wearing a Canadian uniform unless I was actually in the reserves or forces. Doing other countries is fine by me. But I guess I just have VERY close ties to military personnel.
BootYourFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 05:49   #129
beastor

Wow, some really nice impressions there AirsoftComrade and RedDawn, a lot more people seem to to be trying their hand at Russian/Soviet loadouts.

I admit I have a lot of insignia on a lot of my impressions, but unless it was a out of date one (i.e Nam or WW2) I wouldnt dare strut around in public with the uniform on, even on Halloween or for fancy dress.

My impressions are for the skirmish field only, even when travelling to a game I wear a jacket over my uniforms and certainly dont wear any caps or beret's!

General William Tecumseh Sherman
beastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 13:58   #130
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootyourface View Post
Most of us haven't earned the right to wear a military uniform. I would never think about wearing a Canadian uniform unless I was actually in the reserves or forces. Doing other countries is fine by me. But I guess I just have VERY close ties to military personnel.
Well I imagine most people do it as a sort of tribute and as long as you don't go claiming to be one, or do things they've requested you NOT do, then it really shouldn't be a problem in my opinion.
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 16:15   #131
BootYourFace
face booty man

Send a message via MSN to BootYourFace
Yup. Just a personal belief of mine. But I think that if you say "you shouldn't be wearing that beret because it's usually earned with blood", then that should go with most things that's part of a uniform.
BootYourFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 11:49   #132
AirsoftComrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootyourface View Post
Yup. Just a personal belief of mine. But I think that if you say "you shouldn't be wearing that beret because it's usually earned with blood", then that should go with most things that's part of a uniform.
In some cases Vityas members only earn their red beret when they died in action. So its more something like "you shouldnt be wearing that beret because its usually earned by dying for your motherland"
Old March 5th, 2009, 12:33   #133
appache

Send a message via MSN to appache
as long as the impression is done with respect of the unit I see no problem.. Anyway each set-up replicate a unit. My team is playing VDV other play dfferent thing.

перебъёмся через все пути
appache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 12:48   #134

Check this out. I hope that post will clear things out with red berets.
http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/in...p?topic=9243.0
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 15:50   #135
appache

Send a message via MSN to appache
It has been specifically requested from the 'real' red berets that you DO NOT wear the Red Beret with your Impression!

Interesting..

перебъёмся через все пути
appache is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Russia and East Bloc