Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE or TSD 1911 Slide Jammed Hop-Up Block

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old November 3rd, 2008, 16:07   #1
jimmycudo

Question WE or TSD 1911 Slide Jammed Hop-Up Block

Hey there Airsoft Canada!! This is my first post so please bear with any mistakes I may make, I'm a noob with airsoft as well so yeah...

I wanted to get into airsoft and didn't want to pay the price so like the no so smart bargainer I am, I went out and purchased a used airsoft gun that was $40. It's a full metal WE 1911 GBB Caspian, and it worked fine until one tiny piece broke during the first skirmish I've ever played (it was a blast btw, more like I got blasted :flame: but yeah).

So last night I spent about 6 hours online chasing dead ends (it was extremely frustrating, and since everywhere was closed you had to deal with the incompetence of the websites) to find the piece that was broken.

I don't have pictures and I made a YouTube video of it but it won't upload (see what I mean about the incompetence?) which shows the issue. It's just a simple tiny plastic (not the best idea) piece that holds the outer barrel and inner hop up and barrel assembly together, and it broke.

I just called Evike.com (here in LA, California, US) and they said it's a hop up block and that you can't find it anywhere. They figured a way to manage that piece for me for $10 (not even worth $.25) from a salvage 1911 in the store.

Now that's cool and all, and I'm hoping it'll work in a few hours when I pick it up, but my main question is if I could use the plastic piece as a template to make a steel one so that this issue doesn't occur again.

It's about .5 cm L, .5cm H, and .4cm W. Is it possible to machine something that small? Also, if you guys are smarter that Evike, do you know where I can get this piece or a new hop up assembly that replaces this? I don't want to spend too much, but if it solves the issue I wouldn't mind it too much.

PLEASE help me out Airsoft Canada!! D
jimmycudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 16:10   #2
Ktown Militia

What you heard is correct about the buying the hop-up. A member on here had his hop-up piece on his 1911 break and he had to order a whole new slide. For some reason they are obselete out there amd dont make that part for individual sale.

As for making a new piece, if you got the skill, go for it.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 16:20   #3
m102404
Tys

What part broke?

m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 17:36   #4
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
If it's the part I'm thinking of, it doesn't exist on the TM version(s).

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 23:28   #5
jimmycudo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktown Militia View Post
What you heard is correct about the buying the hop-up. A member on here had his hop-up piece on his 1911 break and he had to order a whole new slide. For some reason they are obselete out there amd dont make that part for individual sale.

As for making a new piece, if you got the skill, go for it.
Unfortunately, I don't have the skill, and I just finished asking someone who does and he said it'd be a tough job for him to do it if he had all the tools of his old shop... and he told me that he couldn't think of anyone or any service that can do it for me. (

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
What part broke?

It's the other side of H51-27. I made a Youtube video, I just wish it'd upload... it's in MP4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
If it's the part I'm thinking of, it doesn't exist on the TM version(s).
It doesn't, the TM has the setup built in and it's metal. ( Damn WE, the whole gun works great until this piece breaks.

Anyway, I went to Evike today (1 hr drive) and they got me the piece. The gun's working fine now, I'm about to strip it and completely lube it for the first time (using tutorials) so that it'll be in tip top shape.

The problem is that the piece was from a salvage gun, and I got lucky this time. What if it breaks again? Do you guys hear about the slides jamming often? If so, what do you recommend? Sell the gun while it's still working for around $70 or $80 (Retail new is $110) and get a TM 1911 with a plastic slide for $150 then buy a metal slide for $80, or just use it?

I don't know what to do. ((

On the other hand, thanks a lot for the quick and helpful responses guys. D
jimmycudo is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion