Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Battery Charging Help

:

Doctor's Corner

Old November 21st, 2008, 16:50   #1
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Battery Charging Help

I bought an airsoft gun and the seller didn't mention that the ends of the battery and the gun were changed to something else. Now I don't have an adapter for the Charger, the battery arrived completely dead, and none of my other batteries will hook up to the end on the gun.

I also don't have plain/stock ends to swap them out on the battery and the gun. Is there any other way to charge the battery to see if this gun works or not?

Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 16:56   #2
Danke

Head for the model store.

First get a extra female plug that will sync with your charger, and then attach the pigtail with the new plug that syncs to the new battery. That will be for charging and you can also use that as a bridge to test the package out with one of your existing batteries.

The only other choice is to re-wire the gun and battery to be the same as your others.
Danke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 17:00   #3
Drache
BALLET, TYPE: SELF LOATHING, ANALBURST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
Head for the model store.

First get a extra female plug that will sync with your charger, and then attach the pigtail with the new plug that syncs to the new battery. That will be for charging and you can also use that as a bridge to test the package out with one of your existing batteries.

The only other choice is to re-wire the gun and battery to be the same as your others.
I live in Likely, there is no model store for over 6 hours one way in any direction.
Drache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 17:28   #4
Danke

I guess the question is then, are you going to convert the new one to match your other batteries, or vice versa?

If you're going to swap it to match the others then you can cut the connectors out of another battery/AEG combo and then charge and test.
Old November 21st, 2008, 17:34   #5
Danke

The other option is to go bare wire to bare wire, and charge with alligator clips, not really the "safe" way to do this sort of thing.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 04:19   #6
Cpl T. Syndrome

Look on ehobby.. you can order pretty much any kind of connector there..if you express post you could have them within the week..Price shouldn't gouge ya to bad either
Cpl T. Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 05:34   #7
LUTNIT

Are these the connectors on it?

If so, just switch all your guns over. Deans plugs are far better than even large connectors. You can get 10 pair off eBay for $15-20, just need to solder them on. I don't even waste my time with mini or large standard connectors that are always falling off, coming apart, and sometimes melting because of their resistance. Also never store batteries empty, it kills them. Long term storage should be done with 60-80% charge and in the fridge (freezer is usually too cold.)

As for charging, when forced to charge someone elses battery who doesn't use deans or when charging my batteries on a non-deans charger I just use bare wires or alligator clips.
LUTNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2008, 11:46   #8
Danke

Jugglez here has them in country most of the time.

http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/index.php
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner