Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Anyone in the Niagara region looking to play weekend games with 17-29 other people?

:

General

Old May 5th, 2014, 20:20   #1
Theesire
Banned

Anyone in the Niagara region looking to play weekend games with 17-29 other people?

For anyone who is viewing this in light of our upcoming game: Operation Niagara. Know that this post was made before we had attended many big games of our own and it was more of a backyard game, our upcoming game is at a real paintball field which we are pioneering airsoft at. This edit was made 2/12/15

Where?
The ouskirts of Niagara Falls at an old farm, if you're from Fort Erie, Ridgeway, or Stevensville and you're comfortable with it we may be able to pick you up or arrange a ride. The field consists of several areas: "Red Base", "Blue Base", the path, and the forest. Red Base consists of two parked trucks (great for mounting a gun atop of or sniping from) and other various cover. Blue Base has tires and pallets set up all over for general cover, some tall grass, and it contains an area with tons of bricks and cinder blocks which we've created great cover from. The Path contains an old boat, an old car (unlocked for the lulz), tons of scrap metal and fiberglass (moveable, great for building fortifications) and an old tractor which are all great for cover (standing on top of the tractor gives one a great view of the area). And lastly The Forest contains tons of thick brush and spans out quite far, it's great for flanking and there are a few old truck parts for cover inside of the forest. We usually play CTF but also regularly do TDM. The entire area is owned by one of our player's uncles so respect of the property is of high priority, the vehicles are all but wrecked and shooting them is no problem, but breaking a window out or something will be unacceptable.
If we have <12 people we go to an abandoned building across the street for CQB, it has it's own rule sets which will be discussed if we play (turnouts are almost always larger, but people sit out sometimes)

When?
We always play on Sundays regardless of the situation, due to an upcoming game all the way in Picton we likely won't be doing one for the next few weeks, but when we're up and going again we'll be doing games every weekend or every other weekend depending on availability of players with vehicles. We usually start at 12-2PM and end around 8-11PM. UPDATE: The next game will be on the 25th of May.

Who?
Currently we have 17 regular active players who come out just about every time, we've had some great and some terrible turnouts in the past, all in all there are 29 of us in total including casual players who rarely come out. We're all very friendly and played all last year together while having only one argument due to a casual player not calling his hits
Altogether we have 28 guns (17 pro/high grade rifles, 8 handguns, and three clearsoft shit rifles) I myself do not have anything other than my AK but some of the other players would likely be more than willing to let you use (or rent) their guns for the day, no one would mind you borrowing magazines (we have 13 AK magazines and 16 STANAG (m4/l86/famas/m16/etc) magazines).
Currently Red Team has more of an insurgent/rebel/Middle Eastern look to it and we (I'm totally the Red Team captain pretty much every time) have a lot of Eastern Weapons while a ton of people on Blue Team wear woodland and tote Western weapons, but feel free to wear whatever and play on whichever team. Teams are divided based on weapon, I have a top-tech G&G RK EVO, a friend of mine has a top-tech G&G tr16 so we are equivalents and will often oppose one another whereas a friend has a glock while another has a P226 so they are equivalents, so they will do the same. We also have comms if you're interested in more realism.

Rules?
  • Required eye protection, if you do not have "sufficient eye protection" we can provide it (ANSI rated machine shop face hugging glasses). They may be your eyes but I don't wanna be the guy that accidentally takes one of them.
  • 500FPS limit on automatic rifles, no other limits. This might freak some of you out, but it's just how we play and always have played, never had any problems. (to clarify, none of us have any guns that shoot over 420)
  • No RPS limit, none of us have polarstars or dual sector gears, but you might, and that's fine, though if you're using our ammo please do not use more than we have.
  • Call your damn hits obviously.
  • No talking once you've been hit, this includes telling your friends where the enemy is.

Cost?
If you could bring either: 1. your own ammo and food OR 2. $10 for unlimited ammo all day, water, and we usually do a basic barbeque where everyone gets a few hamburgers or hotdogs. We generally use G&G bio-BBs but anything you wanna use works.
If someone is giving you a ride and you're the only one they had to pick up from a completely out of the way location gas money out of courtesy would be cool if you gave the driver $5 or something, but it's completely up to you.

Why?
It's been a ton of fun doing these games for the last year+, the only way I can see it getting any better is if we start getting bigger turnouts, and that's where you guys come in.

Additional information
If you would like to join us or come out for a game, a comment will do but I would far prefer a PM. It would also be convenient if we could swap cellphone numbers as I am not a regular user of this website and it is a far easier way to get a hold of me. Reddit will also work (I'll be posting this there as well). PM for my user name.

Last edited by Theesire; February 12th, 2015 at 22:39..
Theesire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2014, 22:32   #2
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theesire View Post
Where?
The ouskirts of Niagara Falls at an old farm, if you're from Fort Erie, Ridgeway, or Stevensville and you're comfortable with it we may be able to pick you up or arrange a ride. The field consists of several areas: "Red Base", "Blue Base", the path, and the forest. Red Base consists of two parked trucks (great for mounting a gun atop of or sniping from) and other various cover. Blue Base has tires and pallets set up all over for general cover, some tall grass, and it contains an area with tons of bricks and cinder blocks which we've created great cover from. The Path contains an old boat, an old car (unlocked for the lulz), tons of scrap metal and fiberglass (moveable, great for building fortifications) and an old tractor which are all great for cover (standing on top of the tractor gives one a great view of the area). And lastly The Forest contains tons of thick brush and spans out quite far, it's great for flanking and there are a few old truck parts for cover inside of the forest. We usually play CTF but also regularly do TDM. The entire area is owned by one of our player's uncles so respect of the property is of high priority, the vehicles are all but wrecked and shooting them is no problem, but breaking a window out or something will be unacceptable.
If we have <12 people we go to an abandoned building across the street for CQB, it has it's own rule sets which will be discussed if we play (turnouts are almost always larger, but people sit out sometimes)

When?
We always play on Sundays regardless of the situation, due to an upcoming game all the way in Picton we likely won't be doing one for the next few weeks, but when we're up and going again we'll be doing games every weekend or every other weekend depending on availability of players with vehicles. We usually start at 12-2PM and end around 8-11PM. (I will update this as soon as possible with confirmed dates)

Who?
Currently we have 17 regular active players who come out just about every time, we've had some great and some terrible turnouts in the past, all in all there are 29 of us in total including casual players who rarely come out. We're all very friendly and played all last year together while having only one argument due to a casual player not calling his hits
Altogether we have 28 guns (17 pro/high grade rifles, 8 handguns, and three clearsoft shit rifles) I myself do not have anything other than my AK but some of the other players would likely be more than willing to let you use (or rent) their guns for the day, no one would mind you borrowing magazines (we have 13 AK magazines and 16 STANAG (m4/l86/famas/m16/etc) magazines).
Currently Red Team has more of an insurgent/rebel/Middle Eastern look to it and we (I'm totally the Red Team captain pretty much every time) have a lot of Eastern Weapons while a ton of people on Blue Team wear woodland and tote Western weapons, but feel free to wear whatever and play on whichever team. Teams are divided based on weapon, I have a top-tech G&G RK EVO, a friend of mine has a top-tech G&G tr16 so we are equivalents and will often oppose one another whereas a friend has a glock while another has a P226 so they are equivalents, so they will do the same. We also have comms if you're interested in more realism.

Rules?
  • Required eye protection, if you do not have "sufficient eye protection" we can provide it (ANSI rated machine shop face hugging glasses). They may be your eyes but I don't wanna be the guy that accidentally takes one of them.
  • 500FPS limit on automatic rifles, no other limits. This might freak some of you out, but it's just how we play and always have played, never had any problems. (to clarify, none of us have any guns that shoot over 420)
  • No RPS limit, none of us have polarstars or dual sector gears, but you might, and that's fine, though if you're using our ammo please do not use more than we have.
  • Call your damn hits obviously.
  • No talking once you've been hit, this includes telling your friends where the enemy is.

Cost?
If you could bring either: 1. your own ammo and food OR 2. $10 for unlimited ammo all day, water, and we usually do a basic barbeque where everyone gets a few hamburgers or hotdogs. We generally use G&G bio-BBs but anything you wanna use works.
If someone is giving you a ride and you're the only one they had to pick up from a completely out of the way location gas money out of courtesy would be cool if you gave the driver $5 or something, but it's completely up to you.

Why?
It's been a ton of fun doing these games for the last year+, the only way I can see it getting any better is if we start getting bigger turnouts, and that's where you guys come in.

Additional information
If you would like to join us or come out for a game, a comment will do but I would far prefer a PM. It would also be convenient if we could swap cellphone numbers as I am not a regular user of this website and it is a far easier way to get a hold of me. Reddit will also work (I'll be posting this there as well). PM for my user name.

What kind of insurance do you have?
Old May 5th, 2014, 22:39   #3
Theesire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
What kind of insurance do you have?
Insurance?

As in what if someone gets hurt?

Ah you mean like a contract.. Games are purely for fun, if you get hurt you get hurt. We're not trying to profit or run like some sort of company/establishment, just looking for more players.

Last edited by Theesire; May 5th, 2014 at 23:48.. Reason: I didn't know what he meant until google.
Old May 5th, 2014, 22:52   #4
Theesire
Banned

The next game will be taking place on the 25th officially.
Old May 6th, 2014, 08:45   #5
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theesire View Post
Insurance?

As in what if someone gets hurt?

Ah you mean like a contract.. Games are purely for fun, if you get hurt you get hurt. We're not trying to profit or run like some sort of company/establishment, just looking for more players.

Properly is privately owned then? So it's the property owners insurance that will take the hit if there is a serious injury and someone decides to sue.

Otherwise you would have purchased field insurance.

It's always for fun and games, but there is always that "what if factor" friends or not. Someone breaks a leg and can't work all of a sudden they look towards insurance to cover the bills. Hopefully the field owner is aware of this possibility.
Old May 6th, 2014, 11:10   #6
Armyissue
Administrator of Pants

Send a message via MSN to Armyissue Send a message via Skype™ to Armyissue
Quote:
If we have <12 people we go to an abandoned building across the street for CQB,

Altogether we have 28 guns (17 pro/high grade rifles, 8 handguns, and three clearsoft shit rifles)

We also have comms if you're interested in more realism.

none of us have any guns that shoot over 420
and for the court could please state your age?
Armyissue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 20:50   #7
Theesire
Banned

The abandoned building is owned by a neighbor who has allowed us to play in there if that's what you're basing your joke around.

I'm 18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
and for the court could please state your age?

Last edited by Theesire; May 6th, 2014 at 20:50.. Reason: Hey, he might be serious
Old May 6th, 2014, 20:51   #8
Theesire
Banned

Maybe this is going to "shock" the ASC community, but we didn't have any in mind, though likely a contract/disclaimer could be introduced which disallows players from any of that shit. I think you might be overthinking things, we're just looking for new players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
Properly is privately owned then? So it's the property owners insurance that will take the hit if there is a serious injury and someone decides to sue.

Otherwise you would have purchased field insurance.

It's always for fun and games, but there is always that "what if factor" friends or not. Someone breaks a leg and can't work all of a sudden they look towards insurance to cover the bills. Hopefully the field owner is aware of this possibility.

Last edited by Theesire; May 6th, 2014 at 21:29..
Old May 7th, 2014, 23:26   #9
Warderp

For your own safety and that of the people playing at your event you should if you haven't already very strongly consider looking into several ways of protecting:
1)Yourself
2)The other players
3)The property owner
4)Other people who may be in the area who have no clue what you are doing there.

Quick youtube video
http://youtu.be/lH5Pe7efh-8

... because even though no one wants it to happen... sometimes shit happens.
The person it happens to may be your best friend and have no intention of making your life miserable, but if he happens to be the guy who falls off that 3 story roof or out a window and breaks his neck someone maybe not even him will decide to hold YOU and the property owner responsible hence the previous insurance question.

Second you are playing with "toys" which just so happen to look, by coincidence like a REAL firearm, and if a neighbour happens by chance across to where you are playing and sees one of your "toys" and thinks it is a real firearm or is shot and hurt or even shot and not hurt you have committed an offence with a firearm with the penalty just like using a real one.

Additionally if the police get called and told that their are a "bunch of guys with guns over yonder" they WILL show up and WILL treat it as if you are shooting real bullets.

There is plenty of info here on ASC if you go look for it from people have done what you are trying to do if you look it up and follow what needs to be done you will save yourself, and everyone else a lot of grief.

"First of all it's called airsoft, and second you can't bring the foam lightning bolts
you made unless the crono shows they are under the FPS limit"
Warderp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2014, 21:02   #10
Theesire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warderp View Post
For your own safety and that of the people playing at your event you should if you haven't already very strongly consider looking into several ways of protecting:
1)Yourself
2)The other players
3)The property owner
4)Other people who may be in the area who have no clue what you are doing there.

Quick youtube video
http://youtu.be/lH5Pe7efh-8

... because even though no one wants it to happen... sometimes shit happens.
The person it happens to may be your best friend and have no intention of making your life miserable, but if he happens to be the guy who falls off that 3 story roof or out a window and breaks his neck someone maybe not even him will decide to hold YOU and the property owner responsible hence the previous insurance question.

Second you are playing with "toys" which just so happen to look, by coincidence like a REAL firearm, and if a neighbour happens by chance across to where you are playing and sees one of your "toys" and thinks it is a real firearm or is shot and hurt or even shot and not hurt you have committed an offence with a firearm with the penalty just like using a real one.

Additionally if the police get called and told that their are a "bunch of guys with guns over yonder" they WILL show up and WILL treat it as if you are shooting real bullets.

There is plenty of info here on ASC if you go look for it from people have done what you are trying to do if you look it up and follow what needs to be done you will save yourself, and everyone else a lot of grief.
Sorry if I seem like an ass with my post and it's replies, you guys are right and yeah I did under look this quite the bit. But I will answer your comment nonetheless:

I'm going to first address the video.. Many of the injuries shown in the video are very possible, but most are avoidable with basic common sense. There are a few injuries that aren't even airsoft related as well, it just so happens the injuries happened while airsoft was going on. When it comes to BBs being stuck in people and bleeding from being shot and all that, well, shit happens man, this is airsoft, not nerf. Those injuries can be easily avoided with additional protection that some players chose not to wear or cannot afford, I did mention that we can provide additional eye protection but we also have 2-3 paintball masks hanging around as well as a few of us used to be paintball players. Though on two occasions things have happened.. At our last game I lent my shemagh out to a friend who has one coming in the mail and wanted to try it out, I was hit in the cheek and left with a bleeding welt. Another time a friend reported he pulled a BB out of his arm, but no one saw it happen and there was but a basic bleeding welt where he said he was hit.

The field-type area we play in poses no out of the ordinary danger aside from maybe falling off the tractor I mentioned; or maybe as a long shot falling onto the steel and getting cut (it's not sharp at all, but I guess you never know). I understand that these are dangers and I guess it's a fallacy that I'm saying this: we've been playing over a year and even brought out some of our.. Less intelligent "herb enjoying" friends and even they managed not to get injured, but nonetheless this is a factor I would cover in an agreement. As for the abandoned building there are many dangers, thanks for your post as I now see it wouldn't be wise at all to play in there with strangers who are possibly a lot more clumsy than us.

And finally, the replicas looking like real guns.. There is one neighbor in the entire area and you have to go to the edge of the (very large) forest to even see their house, we never get engagements out there because it's out of the playing area and usually if you end up out there it's by mistake, any time we've come into view no one is outside and the place looks quite run down. As long as players stay in the specified area then there would be no risk of a problem.
Old May 8th, 2014, 23:50   #11
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Keep in mind most "waivers" do not stand up in a court of law when it comes to injuries on a field. Hence why they have insurance.

The waiver is just a deterrent to try and keep people from suing.
Old May 9th, 2014, 00:18   #12
DEATH2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
Keep in mind most "waivers" do not stand up in a court of law when it comes to injuries on a field. Hence why they have insurance.

The waiver is just a deterrent to try and keep people from suing.
I will second this.

You are inviting people onto private property, which now makes you liable for anything that happens to them while on the property.

Hell, even if someone broke into your house and tripped down the stairs you would probably be liable.
DEATH2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General