Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft Sniper

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 4th, 2009, 15:16   #31
RICKBO

Send a message via MSN to RICKBO
Edit: Missed seeing that there was a second page already.

Ie. Post irrelevant now.
Last edited by RICKBO; 1 Minute Ago at 01:37 PM.

Last edited by RICKBO; April 4th, 2009 at 15:18..
RICKBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 15:18   #32
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skladfin View Post
post it up on your VSR thread when you are done :P

and which one are you getting?
I'm fond of firefly rubbers, I find they increase my range by a huge amount.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 15:24   #33
Deaf_shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Cobra View Post
Thank's Turn Bull for the information. Rickbo, Thank you aswell. Paintball has much less restrictions then Airsoft I've noticed but I think that's because most Paintball gun's dont even look a bit real... And in most situation's are not as dangerous as a Airsoft gun as they usually dont clock over 350 FPS. My dad and I went paintballing a couple time's together before I actually got into it cause he's the one who got me into it... Would a field let me play if my dad was with me playing?
I doubt they will even allow u play even if your father play with u. They like to enforce 18+ in most fields. some place will accept 16 but I don't know if there is one with except Xtreme tactics in Winnipeg but they don't allow sniper. But u are lucky to have dad support u. Just wait 4 years more to access all location. Or try to find place that accept 16+ with rental so u can try out different guns like I do before I decide my gun. Sniper don't always is best role for Airsoft game. Most operation has CQB involved.
Old April 4th, 2009, 15:26   #34
Diabolic Tyrant
Banned

Congrats and welcome to the site! I know waiting sucks (Im in the same boat), but in the mean time get to know the members and like others have said read the reviews and have fun! Welcome to ASC!
Diabolic Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 15:29   #35
Turnbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
It's about scouting and reporting, of sneaking and recon. It's not uncommon for a sniper to play a 5 hour game and fire their rifle only once or twice.

To add to Kal's post, perhaps you should consider buying one of the aegs he suggested, something simple like an M16, and work on the sneaking and recon aspects. When you think about it, if you're going to get into playing a sniper role later on, it would do you some good to substitute the sniper rifle with an aeg such as the M16, and work on movement, hiding, camo, as well as the other things that have been suggested, such as the combinations of BB's, different brands of BBs, different Hop-up options, etc, etc. This will give you a good understanding of how everything works, prior to you dropping the cash for a sniper and its upgrades. It's always good to get some experience with a gun before you decide to purchase it, and the same goes for the role you want to play in the future. Maybe you'll find sniping completely boring, and want to keep the M16 as your primary. Whos knows, but it's something to consider at the least.
Old April 4th, 2009, 15:59   #36
kalnaren

Another thing to add:

With a sniper rifle, you can play only one role. That's it. With a long-barrel AEG, you can do almost anything but CQB effectively.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 17:47   #37
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Hey Guys,

I'm coming over to Airsoft from Paintball, I've been keeping my eye on Airsoft latley and they have a more wide range of gun's that look more realistic as I play Military Simulation. I'm 14 years old, So yes, My parent's are obviously buying the gun for me and are allowing me to. I played as a Sniper in Paintball, What Airsoft Sniper rifle would you suggest?

Sincerely,

Jake,
none, wait till you're 18 before you get a gun, and don't get a sniper rifle for your first gun.
Old April 4th, 2009, 17:51   #38
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
none, wait till you're 18 before you get a gun, and don't get a sniper rifle for your first gun.
And enter pusangani, stage left, to sum the entire thread in one post

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
Old April 4th, 2009, 17:56   #39
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
And enter pusangani, stage left, to sum the entire thread in one post
*takes a bow
Old April 4th, 2009, 18:56   #40
Ktown Militia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
LOL, like he hasnt read that yet.
Old April 4th, 2009, 19:19   #41
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Hope your parents are rich!
My VSR10 has the minimum upgrades you need to kick ass, and it's cost me about 800$ so far!
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 19:31   #42
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktown Militia View Post
LOL, like he hasnt read that yet.
we have to give our young visitors the benefit of the doubt
Old April 4th, 2009, 20:16   #43
Turnbull

Repitition is the key to remembering haha
Old April 5th, 2009, 11:20   #44
King Cobra

Send a message via MSN to King Cobra
Hey,

I have a quick question about Sniper Equipment since I'm staying in Paintball but I thought you guy's could help with Equipment xD Would you guy's suggest a ghillie suit over CADPAT with vest and other equipment so im able to hold more ammo as on a ghillie suit im not able to equipt a vest.
King Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2009, 11:32   #45
kalnaren

Quote:
Hey,

I have a quick question about Sniper Equipment since I'm staying in Paintball but I thought you guy's could help with Equipment xD Would you guy's suggest a ghillie suit over CADPAT with vest and other equipment so im able to hold more ammo as on a ghillie suit im not able to equipt a vest.
If you're a sniper, you won't need enough ammo to warrant a vest. If you do then you're not playing a sniper and you'd be better off with an AEG. As for ghillie suits, make your own. Self made ones are always superior to store bought ones.

If you're asking about adivce for paintball, wear a deglo orange jacket or whatever other puke colours paintballers wear these days.

Quote:
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank