Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

HK3P G17 not locking back on last round

:

Doctor's Corner

Old July 2nd, 2014, 16:45   #1
loafing_smurf

HK3P G17 not locking back on last round

I bought a used HK3P G17 (during the time my WE G17 was broken). When I got to test fire the HK3P G17 I found that it does not lockback on the last round.

Now that I have a properly working WE G17 I was able to compare it to the used HK3P G17. I tested 4 magazines on the WE G17 and I get crisp lock back on the last round. The same 4 magazines does not properly work on the HK3P G17. It seems that the slide does not cycle with the same amount of energy as my WE G17. Then the slide does not lock back on the final round.

From the way the HK3P G17 it is behaving I have 2 theories.

1) Not enough gas is entering the nozzle which explains the weak slide cycle
2) The hammer strikes the magazine valve in a way that does not allow enough gas to enter the nozzle.

Anyone have any solutions or other theories why the HK3P G17 is not cycling with enough energy?

Last edited by loafing_smurf; July 2nd, 2014 at 20:48.. Reason: I was missing the word "not"
loafing_smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2014, 21:37   #2
loafing_smurf

I tried putting my WE G17 slide (which is probably an aftermarket 5KU slide) on the HK3P G17 frame. It is very tight fit, but it can lock back on the last round.

I also tried putting the WE G17 blowback housing (probably KJW) on the HK3P G17 slide. It doesnt fit it all. The blowback housing seems too fat to fit inside the HJ3P slide.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 23:31   #3
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Check your nozzle for cracks.
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2014, 01:05   #4
e-luder

^ what he said.

Also...
check your piston head if it is still able to provide a full and tight seal in your loading muzzle.

poor sealing piston heads tend to create the symptoms you are describing...
Old July 4th, 2014, 01:41   #5
loafing_smurf

I put in a new stock G17 nozzle I got from ehobby. Although I did not check the piston head.
Old July 4th, 2014, 03:28   #6
Kungpow

This is probably not really related but apparanty WE and HK3P are not the same/similar companies. I sent a email to WE to see if I could get a HK3P Steel G17 Slide but (Luke) said they are not affiliated with HK3P...maybe they are made in the same factory? Does anyone know how, or where to contact HK3P?

Last edited by Kungpow; July 4th, 2014 at 04:28.. Reason: Changed to made
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2014, 03:34   #7
MaybeStopCalling
Green Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loafing_smurf View Post
I put in a new stock G17 nozzle I got from ehobby. Although I did not check the piston head.
Woah, woah woah. TM nozzle or WE/HK3P nozzle? They're not dimensionally the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kungpow View Post
This is probably not really related but apparanty WE and HK3P are not the same/similar companies. I sent a email to WE to see if I could get a HK3P Steel G17 Slide but (Luke) said they are not affiliated with HK3P...maybe they are make in the same factory? Does anyone know how, or where to contact HK3P?
HK3P is a shell company of sorts that can be discarded/closed down when/if sued for copyright infringment. WE has no official affiliation with them... *air quotes*
MaybeStopCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2014, 17:39   #8
loafing_smurf

e-luder was right, it was the piston head.

I examine the piston head from the used HK3P G17. It didn't look broken, although it looked too small to make a proper seal. So I took out the piston head from the working WE G17 and put it in the used HK3P G17. I put in a magazine and it crisply locked back on the last round.

Now I need a replacement piston head for the HK3P G17. Will the Guarder g17 piston head fit my HK3P G17 blowback housing?

Also

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeStopCalling View Post
Woah, woah woah. TM nozzle or WE/HK3P nozzle? They're not dimensionally the same.
Its a stock WE G17 nozzle
Old July 5th, 2014, 01:40   #9
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by loafing_smurf View Post
e-luder was right, it was the piston head.

I examine the piston head from the used HK3P G17. It didn't look broken, although it looked too small to make a proper seal. So I took out the piston head from the working WE G17 and put it in the used HK3P G17. I put in a magazine and it crisply locked back on the last round.

Now I need a replacement piston head for the HK3P G17. Will the Guarder g17 piston head fit my HK3P G17 blowback housing?

Also

Its a stock WE G17 nozzle

Well....

The Marui loading muzzle is larger than the WE ones, if I recall correctly.
So by that definition, that piston head should be too big for the WE loading muzzle anyways.

I can't remember now. So I can't definitely say no...
Old July 7th, 2014, 23:53   #10
loafing_smurf

I got a Guarder G17/26 piston head since it was on sale. It fits in the HK3P G17 and now it works fine. Also I got my HK3P G17 used and it came Guns Modify nozzle. The Guarder piston head works on it too

In short the unknown brand piston head that came with the HK3P G17 didnt work on the Guns Modify and WE nozzle. Then the Guarder piston head works on both the Guns Modify and WE nozzle.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner