Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

just some questions.

:

Newbie Tank

Old April 18th, 2013, 09:28   #1
cminke

just some questions.

im not a "newbie" but i could always gain more knowledge.
1) TM= tokyo muri correct. Is that the standard for Aegs and Aeg parts?
2) what is the longest length Aeg TB barrel? longest ive seen is 690mm by PDI.
3) whats the diffrence between a version 1(2,3,etc)gear box?
4) what performance diffrence is there between a high tourqe gear, a highspeed gear and others.
5) where can i locate a scar H? EBB and GBB.
6) what is the recomended order for upgrading your aeg? piston>spring>motor?

ild like to be a part of this community. thank you.
cminke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 10:03   #2
K3vX

1. Tokyo Marui. Pretty much the inventors of modern Airsoft weaponry. Most Airsoft rifles and Pistols are based or copied on them. For AEGs, that mean that most parts will be compatible with your rifle is said rifle is "TM" compatible.

2. Longest is variable. What I've read around is that except for particular setups, you should not need above 500mm. The rest is wasted and could affect negatively your accuracy.

3. The version of the gearbox, as the name suggest, is the generation of gearbox produced. That does not mean that a v2 gearbox is obsolete, but the v3 was developped to overcome some of the previous version's problem. One big difference between the v2 and v3 gearbox is the motor attachment. In the v3 box, the motor is attached to the gearbox, and in the v2, the motor is held by the grip itself. Another difference is the wiring being outside in the v3, allowing easier wire changes.
For other boxes, like v6 and v7, I don't know much about it, but they are basically the same thing as the others, used in rifles where the standard boxes could not be fit, for example the m14 and the p90.

4. High speed means that the motor will turn FAST. That means that a very high rate of fire can be achieved with them. High torque means that it will be STRONG, meaning the first shot that needs to overcome the spring before the movement is started will be faster.
The difference between the two is that the TORQUE one will shoot faster for the fist shot, but will not have a higher rate of fire compared to the SPEED one. The SPEED one will turn faster over time, but will not be strong enough to compete with the TORQUE one at acceleration and first shot quickness.
Others are either High SPEED/ High TORQUE hybrids, or weaker motors that do neither.

5. They are easy to get in Canada, but the forum's policy is that we will not disclose such information until you provide proof that you are 18+. For this, we have an Age Verification system, which you can learn about in the FAQ section if the forum.

6. Recommended order depends on your needs, but people around here and I will suggest you that you do NOT upgrade the rifle until it breaks. That sounds silly but it will save you a lot of trouble. The recommended actions are to open the gearbox to clean the inside, re-shim the inside and re-grease it properly, then leave it like that. You could also change the hop-up rubber, but this might not be needed with our setup and could cause more harm than good. I know this answer sucks, as I was eager to upgrade my rifle too, but it's for the best that you use your rifle before dumping money and possibly create more problems.

7. Welcome to AirsoftCanada. Do not be afraid to ask questions, and if you follow our simple rules, you'll see that it's a great community around here.
Like mentioned below, all this stuff can be learnt from reading, but I hope I got your curiosity and gave you the will to read more and more. It becomes simple after a while

I'd suggest you to fill your profile information, such as your city, so that people can help you and target your

Have a nice day.

Last edited by K3vX; April 18th, 2013 at 10:08..
K3vX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 10:03   #3
MultipleParadox

Hi and welcome to the boards

Seeing the questions you have, the best thing for you would be to start reading and not stop reading until you'v answered most of them yourself

In the process, you'll have learned muh more than just this, and will have earned some respect from other members for having done your homeworks and read the already huge amount of information available here

Cheers, and good reading!

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 10:35   #4
cminke

thank you both of you.
@ about looking, i am on a VERY slow computer and i can barley access this thread. i hope you can for give me and yes i have been snooping as much as i can.
@ updateing my info yes i will and i will get age ver. in the summer (aug)
Thanks for your help for answering my questions and i will 100% look into the forum more to find my own answers.
cminke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 10:55   #5
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Lonest barrel length isnt really thd right question go ask. There are alot of different gearbox setups. The thing that youll have to first look at is the location of the port on the cylender. This will dictate how long of a barrel the gun can use effectively a port closer to the frontbof the cylender can only use shorter barrels while a full cylender (no port. Like on an ak47 fro example) can use longer barrels. Going to a bore up kit increases the volume of the cylender more and thus allows use of longer barrels still. All that said i find 455 to be optimum so long as the cylender has the correct volume to use it. (most of the china made m4's these days have s port 4/5 down the cylender that allows up to 460mm and most of my gjns have this. My ak has no port or a full cylender and also performs well with a 455.
Keep in mind the longer the barrel the longer the gun and it wont always make your gun shoot further or more accurately. The key to that is going to be a good quality barrel and hop up rubber. My mp5k (with a 120mm shoots almost as well as my m4 with a 455 they both have the same hop up rubber and bucking but the mp5k lacks a lil because it uses the stock barrel while the m4 has a madbull python barrel.
I think the other questions have been answered.
Welcome to ASC here is a link about cylender vs barrel length
http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=...andbarrels.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank